***(61) 2015 November Sparklers***

Announcing: Nathaniel Eryk Chase
Born: Sunday November 8th 2015 at 3:25pm
Weighing: 7 lbs 15 oz
Measuring: 20 1/2 inches

My water broke after my baby shower Saturday the 7th, at 6:05 pm- after a day of increasingly hard contractions- 37 weeks 6 days. Upon admittence to the hospital I was only 1 CM dialated. After 6 hours of walking around I was only at 2 cm, so at 1 am Sunday morning they put me on Pitocion and I got an epidural. I didn't reach 10 CM untill 2 pm, then we started the pushing game- my epidural had worn off by then.

During the pushing I ended up with a second degree tear from the cervix out, from the anus to vaginal opening the up the labia. I lost 1/2 liter of blood and passed out from the blood loss after my son made his way into the world- for a while there they thought they would lose me because they couldn't find the location of all the bleeders.

My Son latched immediatly after birth, once I was awake and able to hold him, and he hasn't really stopped since. He did have a retty bad case of jaundice though- because of the problems I experianced, his cord wasn't cut untill after it stopped pulsing and his father's family has a history of it. He ended up in the box with the blue lights with a bili level of 21.7, though he's fine now. As such I haven't really had the time to post.

Attachments

• Nathan's measurements.jpg
    Nathan's measurements.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Snapshot_20151114.jpg
    Snapshot_20151114.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1117151034-00.jpg
    1117151034-00.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 7
He is adorable, congratulations Dragon! Sorry about the tears though - glad they were able to find it and I hope you're healing up OK!

Dragon that sounds so scary!:hugs: I pray you have a speedy recovery. Glad to hear nursing is going so well!:thumbup:

Our precious boy, Austin Joshua, made his arrival Nov 16 at 5:47pm. He is 8lbs even and 21 inches long. To say I am completely in love with him is an understatement. He is pure joy.

We are still in the hospital, but should be going home today around lunchtime. My induction failed and due to some (baby) heart rate issues, we had to deliver via c section after about 10 hours of contractions. I had an epidural super early, so it wasn't an agonizing 10 hours, we just really hoped things would have gone better. By the time the decision was made to get him out asap, I was at peace with it and I am so glad we did. The recovery hasn't been too horrible, but we've had a great nursing staff taking care of us. I am curious how everything will be once we get home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
Congrats Tex!! Beautiful boy! I hope your recovery continues to go well!

Hey ladies, congrats on all the new babies arriving! Just a quick note to say our baby girl Isla Mae arrived Monday the 16th at 4:55 am after a 6 hr labor on 39+4. We had a wonderful although intense natural water birth & couldn't be happier! She was 8lb 8 oz, 20 inches, and perfect! Nursing is going well although a bit painful still but we're learning! Will post a birth story sometime soon, still trying to get caught up on some sleep. :)

Congratulations on your pink bundle, Lome!! I was just thinking today is your due date :haha: My nipples hurt for 2 weeks after Parker and for maybe 10 days with Zoey -- and both of them are/were tongue tied! It gets so much easier when you don't want to screech in pain every time you feed them though, truly :haha: Good luck catching up on sleep... I'm 24 days in and I'm still trying to catch up on the sleep that I missed the night before induction............. :rofl: :sleep:

Aw, anytime now Trying!! :flower: I hope she doesn't keep you waiting too much longer! :)

Congratulations on the new babies

Noticed baby isn't as active as I'm use to, hopefully she's just running out of room. No clear signs she wants to come soon I don't think she knows she supposed to come out lol x

Here she is! She's doing so well, nursing is going well except for the nipple pain, really engorged but glad my milk is in. She has a lip tie but not sure if that might be causing the pain or not, going to ask the midwife tomorrow when she comes for a home visit. It's getting better today so maybe it's just sore from starting out.

The birth was quite an experience, we went to the movies to see Spectre Sunday evening, didn't feel anything different until I went to the bathroom after the movie and felt a bit of pressure. Got home around 10:30 and the pressure intensified, think she had engaged right then. Then within half an hour I had a big contraction I couldn't speak through, and they went on from there about 4 mins apart and full force. Called the midwife and she thought it would probably calm down a bit so we should see what happens and call back a bit later. So we timed them for the next hour and they were already like 2 minutes apart and really intense so we decided to head to the birth center. It's over an hour away so hubby drove reaalllly fast, we almost hit a deer and also got pulled over by a cop right before the entrance to the center haha. He let us go though when he heard me wailing!

Got in, they took my vitals, I used the toilet and already felt pushy! So I got in the tub, pushed for a little over an hour and she was out at 4:55 am. She got a little stuck so they had me squat and that solved it. Never even had one vaginal exam the whole pregnancy or birth lol, just wasn't time! It took her over a minute to start breathing and they got worried but she finally did it. Perfectly healthy and great color, so thankful! I didn't tear on the outside at all and just had a couple skid marks inside, so relieved! We went home around 2:30.

It was definitely the most intense experience of my life, the hypnobabies totally didn't work for pain relief lol but I really think it prepared me mentally super well so I was able to stay focused through the whole thing, and I also think it contributed to how fast it all went. I was very vocal and used a lot of visualizations, and the tub was amazing! So happy to be a mommy!!
image.jpg

lome sounds like a great birth for a first time mommy!

trying4bby hopefully soon!

Ellie Rose born November 19 at 1:00 pm via csection. Weighed 7lbs 6 oz and 21 inches

After 3 days of intense contractions 4-5 min apart and only getting to 2cm and kept being sent home, I had NO sleep for those 3 days and crying from that and all the pain. So I elected to have a repeat csection. With it being planned it wasn't as bad.

Only had to be in the hospital 2 days, both Ellie and I are doing well. My DD1 is doing incredibly well with the new baby, couldn't be happier!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1448216299708.jpg
    FB_IMG_1448216299708.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3
  • imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to the world, Ellie!! Congratulations DHBH! :cloud9: She's beautiful!

Congrats dhbh and lomelandi!

My birth was so much better than my first although waiting in hospital for 28 hours before they began the induction was the hardest part. Just stuck there listening to women who were allowed to start their inductions. They wanted me in sintocin because it was quicker but for that I had to go down to the ward and there was no space so I was jus sitting there bored listening to other ladies having their pessary inductions and missing my son like crazy, I also didn't get any sleep at all.
Anyhow so I finally got sent down and I was examined and the doctor said I wasn't dilated enough to start sintocin and so she would do a sweep and insert the pessary instead, oh the irony. 5 minutes after she did this I started contracting. I was doing about 2/3 in 10 minutes and managing to mobilise inbetween but had to stop and breath through the contractions. 4 hours later I was 3cm dilated and they broke my waters. This upped the pain a bit but I managed to continue to mobilise. 4 hours later again and they started the sintocin. I was now 4 cm dilated but ironically the hospital only count my labour from this point. Because of the drip I could no longer mobilise but the midwife was great and got me on a birthing ball, leaning forward with the bed to hold. This was 10 times better than being on the bed. The contractions were a lot more intense on the sintocin but still 2/3 in 10. After each one I focused on the picture of Daniel I bought in to ground myself and it worked so well. They kept upping the sintocin but whenever they got to 8 Ben got distressed which was really scary. Suddenly the pain got overwhelming. I had been told about an hour before this I was 5cm but Ben wasn't at all engaged. I freaked out a bit and the midwife suggested I thought about epidural. The pain was insane for like half an hour but I didn't think it was possible he was engaging. Wrong! I thought I was just wimping out on the pain. Wrong! So eventually the midwife noticed the lead on his head was super long and all I remember her saying was 'push', so I did and about 1 minute later his head was born. Hubby says that when I pushed it was almost as loud as my screaming on the big one at Blackpool but not quite. Ben was born a few minutes after midnight on bonfire night. 7lb 8, another skinny one but perfect. Instant love and so much better doing it without any pain drugs and in only 13&1/2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->