***(61) 2015 November Sparklers***

Congrats to those who have had their babies.
I'm still not sure we will be able to breast feed. Large droopy breasts, dyspraxia and a baby with an immature sucking reflex is proving challenging. I'm keeping at it trying to get him attached and then expressing and giving him expressed milk. He was weighed yesterday and has lost just under 3% of his body weight which I've been told is excellent especially as he had to be drip fed for the first 24 hours. I'm hoping we will get it eventually but if it doesn't happen I'm ok with it. Breast feeding is lovely but it's so not the be all and end all of bonding.

Congrats Amcolecchi! How did your labor go? Post a pic of your baby girl when you get a chance! :)

So many babies!! More pictures needed :winkwink:

MrsBump, I love your attitude about BFing! You've given him a fantastic start and all that truly matters in the end is that he is fed and growing. :thumbup:

I'm not sure if I already posted in here yet (major baby brain!) but I had my baby girl on 07/11 via EMCS!

Mrsbump it sounds like you're doing really well with your bf. Just wanted to tell you that my LO was weighed today and she'd lost 6.5% of her birth weight and the midwife was thrilled so 3% is amazing. You should be really proud of yourself :hugs:

Congratulations to everyone with their babies! Xx

Congrats Smile!

What happen that you had to have an EMCS? So glad you and baby girl are doing good!

Twag sorry baby didn't arrive before induction day, hope the induction goes well and your holding baby same day.

congrats Mimzy, sweetgirl75 and Amcolecchi on the arrival of your babies.

AFM had to rush Tom to the doctors this morning, he's got conjunctivitis, I knew it what that but where it had come on so suddenly needed to get him checked, he gets weighted again tomorrow. he had lost a little weigh last time, had gone down to 5lb 11oz with how well his feeds having been i'm sure he'll be back up to birth weight.
i'm still very sore and feel so bruised from the section. getting quite a few headaches still, did think it was from where I was in hospital for 3 nights and had no natural light getting to me, now i'm not so sure. midwife tomorrow so going to talk to her about it then

Congrats to all of you lucky ladies who have had their babies! Please post pics when you can!

Hope Tom's eyes heal quickly, littlesteph.

Fingers crossed for the rest of us!

I haven't been on here for ages, as I mainly use the Facebook page but wanted to update on here and see what was going on xx
Congratulations to all you ladies who have had your beautitul babies!!!

Phoebe Jane Shirley was born at 11.44pm on the 3rd November :)
Had a stretch and sweep to try and encourage natural labour and avoid induction, that was on the 2nd, on the 3rd, I felt a massive pop, like an elastic band snapping in my stomach! I could almost hear it! But I didn't leak much, someone said to lie down for a bit and see if I leaked when I stood up, so thought I would try and as soon as I laid down, I leaked! So rang the hospital as I am gbs+ so knew I had to go in once waters had gone, but I wasn't sure if it definitely was.
Got to hospital, was monitored on ctg for 30 mins, and then they checked to see if it was my waters, which it was, by this point lol, it had been nearly 4 hours and contractions hadn't started so I had to be induced anyway, as she was now at risk of contracting the gbs.
Got taken to delivery there and then. Had the loading dose of antibiotics and then they put the drip in, and 2 hours 14 minutes later, she was here :) xx I managed to rip the cannula out of my arm whilst pushing so they had to call extra midwives in, as blood was pouring out everywhere but her head was practically born so my midwife couldn't deal with both ends lol x we had the same midwife we had with zoey, and she was amazing again! Xx
Will upload a pic when on laptop x she was 7lb 8oz and seems so tiny xxx

Congratulations ksilme!! Sounds like a great birth :happydance:

Congratulations Smile! Hope you're both well!

Lots of luck Twag, hope it's going well xx

Baby Isabella (Izzy) was born 11/11/15 @ 7.42pm after just 40mins of pushing at 8lb 10oz
:cloud9:

Congrats Twag, I'm so happy she's finally here!!! :cloud9:

Congrats Twag!! I hope your induction went well. So glad she's finally here! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->