7th Natural cycle IVF(w/o meds) and finally BFP!

AF got me today but I am not crying, the main reason is that I am hoping we are doing IVF!!! Finally I managed to speak to somebody at create, apparently I am already on the list for natural modified, scan on Cd 5-6! no CD3 bloods required for natural modified.

I am just so excited about IVF. am definitely taking time off for EC and ET

I am actually very pleased with my previous cycle, 27 days! O on CD13, temps were good, not sure what to expect from this cycle as I will be taking meds so I guess they will change my cycle.

Sorry for AF. I am so glad you're staying strong. I am so proud of you!
I've got chills when i read your good news! I am so happy that you called your clinic many times and finally got your answer about IVF.
I am soo excited for you!!!!
CD3 you'll get some blood tests done and probably they'll give you some fertility meds that day.
Let me know how it went!

This month I did have an early O. Maybe maca jumbstarted it:)
I am not taking it anymore. Please slow down with your supplements too.
I was lucky that my clinic doesn't do IVF in the weekend, because there is no one around to help if there is emergency situation. When we found 18mm egg o Friday, I thought it is too late for HCG. If I have my LH surged, the IVF cycle is finished. Fortunatly, My egg had a chance to mature more for 1,5 days before I administered my HCG shot.

No baths and no sex after ER and after ET for 4 days is because dr. afraid of possibility of infection during inercouse.

dovkav, they told me that because it's modified cycle I wont need to do any CD3 bloods, I was surprised but that's what they said. I would need to do scan on CD5-6 and I guess I will get my meds then

I am taking EPO cos it really helps with delaying my early ovulation by 1-2 days, just to give a bit more time for my egg to mature but I will ask when the doc calls me today if I should continue, maybe it has some effect on the meds. I also take coq10 and vitamin E. nothing else.

I get it re sex, I did not think of an infection

what size should the follicle be for EC?

dovkav, they told me that because it's modified cycle I wont need to do any CD3 bloods, I was surprised but that's what they said. I would need to do scan on CD5-6 and I guess I will get my meds then

I am taking EPO cos it really helps with delaying my early ovulation by 1-2 days, just to give a bit more time for my egg to mature but I will ask when the doc calls me today if I should continue, maybe it has some effect on the meds. I also take coq10 and vitamin E. nothing else.

I get it re sex, I did not think of an infection

what size should the follicle be for EC?

I have never heard about EPO.
My clinic are looking at follicle 14mm and up, estrogen levels 150-200. However last month I had a follicle 14-15mm and I triggered that night. I was told that after trigger the follicle still grows. It grows 1-2 mm a day. Mine probably was 18mm at ER. It was not big enough for me. Unfortunatlly, my RE couldn't find an egg. Couple months ago. My RE found 20mm follicle on day 12CD, and I O'ed that evening.
I saw a study about natural cycle IvF. Dr. look for a follicle 18mm and greater and than trigger that day.
We found 18mm on Friday morning and I triggered Saturday 11pm. Retrieved on Monday at10:30am I don't know my size of the fllicle at retriaval. I asked my RE last month and this month, she never told. She said it is what it suppose to be.:growlmad: She is a proffesor and she is a bit grumpy. However, she did an exellent job!

You can check my blood test results (on the first page) before the trigger. The numbers were the same both months but the size of the follicle were different. Very confusing. The body systems are unpredictable.
Progesteron needs to be low, estrogen high and LH low.
Q-10 and vit E :thumbup:

my first scan is booked for wednesday. it was so hard to get to speak to anybody, nobody called me yesterday again, but when I called them today it was right the time when they were discussing my case so I am in.

I've been taking EPO (evening primrose oil) for about 1.5 years on and off. I stopped when i was taking chinese herbs cos they did not seem to go well together.

Big day on Wednesday! Ultrasound for you and testing for me!
Praying for good news.

dovkav, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Do you have any unusual symptoms?

I started eating lots of avocados, protein and olive oil – is supposed to improve egg quality.

dovkav, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Do you have any unusual symptoms?

I started eating lots of avocados, protein and olive oil – is supposed to improve egg quality.

Everybody (IVF community)swears for a pineapple core (bromelain) good for impantation! I eat that every day. Avocados, beets, flaxseed oil, olive oil-spoon full, lentils, chicken soup, yogurt, oatmeal, walnuts, brocoli(cruciferous) Those are all super foods! I am not skipping breakfast anymore. I need to feed a little one:).
I quit caffeine the day of ET. I know it constricts the blood vessels and Oh well we don't want that to happen this in the uterus. Maybe I'll go back to my green tea later.
Day of ET I had an ovary pain hour after transfer and all evening, headache.
Second day, mild Ovary pain and mild headache,in the evening needle pokes on my uterus for a sec. That was amazing feeling. Felt it was a good sign.
Third day after a morning bathroom, uterine contractions for a few sec.
I feel nothing so far now. my embie is a bit more than 7 days old.(I didn't have ovary pain after retrieval, ET caused it)
Hey, it s to early to test in 2 days. I'll wait couple days longer! What do you think? Maybe on 27th? I have no guts to do it at all!!!!Help!!!

WHY THE SKELETON DIDN'T CROSS THE STREET?
HE DIDN'T HAVE GUTS!

re pineapple core (bromelain), totally agree, I ate a pineapple a day for a few cycles for a about a week after O, did not make any difference but I love pineapples so it was not hard.

that needle pokes in your uterus sound very promising!!

I'd wait for as long as you can before testing because implantation can occur later, or it may take more time for the pregnancy hormone to appear in your urine, bfn is always frustrating better to wait as close as you can to your AF day and know for sure.

I think I am going to make this cycle as healthy as I can, we already decided that we are doing 3 IVFs with a few cycles in between each so if no luck this time I can relax with a cup of cappuccino next cycle. feel very motivated to give it my best this cycle. you are right about breakfast, I am going to start eating porridge every day. I also drink fresh wheatgrass juice almost daily - quite a challenge cos it tastes quite bad

I just remember, Don't forget to eat STEAK.
I am a poultry and fish eater. I am on endo diet and anti-inflammatory diet and steak is not endo friendly. I should eat once a week, I love it with roasted garlic, onions and hot pepper!
3 oz of steak has 1,5mg of iron, woman needs 18mg. Only 1.5mg that's very little; however, the quality is the best! Our body absorbs the best iron from steak. If you eat vitamin C (salat with lemon)with it, iron will absorb even better! Milk products will steal iron. Avoid soucream sauce on the steak, or even oatmilk porage with milk.
I did have a borderline hemoglobulin, I felt tired after eating, I had to take naps, I slept 12 hours at night and still felt tired in the morning. I had Deadly
cold feet and hands, only a hot bath could bring them to life!
I took Floradix drink for a few weeks and I felt normal again! It has ferrous gluconate, herbs and fruit coctail. Tastes fruity and sweet. https://www.floradix.net/

I ate steak today. It is awfully expensive here i Germany. It costs 21 euro a kg, in US it is half the price!

Good luck tomorrow! :thumbup:Big and juicy follicle!

Just had my first scan and appointment with the nurse at the clinic –altogether took about 3 hours, lots to take in!

AMH: apparently my AMH was misleading cos it was done abroad and they used different units– it was in ng/mL but supposed to be in pmol/L. After the conversion my depressing 1.38 turned into fairly respectable 9.9!: 1.38 ng/mL x 1000 mL/1 L x 1 mol/140 kg = 9.9 pmol/L.

Protocol: since my AHM improved the doc said we should really look into fully stimulated IVF cos we will get 10% more of success rates. also he said my previous AFC was not indicative cos the cyst on the left could have prevented them from seeing more follicles. if we are to do fully stimulated cycle we should skip this one cos stimulation starts from CD2. Obviously, my hopes started to get up but then we had a scan and I ended up with only 6 follicles! previously it was 9. how depressing is this? so he stopped talking about stimulated cycle and we are going ahead with modified natural, as planned. He also said that my FSH does not correspond to my AMH and AFC, he's seen it before but it's very rare so basically my stats are very contradictory.

Follicles: CD6: 6 follicles: 1 on the right and 5 on the left; two of them are 10-11 mm; one 7 mm; the rest below 6 mm. For some reason my right ovary is not producing many follicles 1-2, I wonder if it's because of the cyst.

lining: 5.78 – he said it's very good. no idea what it means cos AF is still here.

Fees: we paid about 4,000 pounds; but there will be more to pay for the meds

Injections: what???!!! I am in shock! I know I should not be but for some reason I persuaded myself that there will be no injections since it's just very mild stimulation, almost none, I will be taking tablets. So not the case!! it's going to be injections at least once a day into my tummy fat!! probably starting from today… I am so scared I cant even think about it. I did some bloods today and based on the results they will tell me today whether I should start the injections today.

CD6:
estrogen: 295
LH 5.6

the doc said my estrogen is not too high (so it does not indicate that my follicles are cysts, which he was afraid of cos they seemed to be quite large) and I could proceed with injections.

I've just injected my tummy with a needle!!! but it's not that bad. the whole thing took me 20 min most of which was watching youtube videos on how to inject yourself with menopur. I did not feel a thing when the needle went in (was concentrating on pinching my belly fat really hard!) but then it got messy cos menopur did not want to go in and I was pressing and it was really slow so when I took it out I started bleeding. still not too bad, although there is a small mark left.

CD6 and CD7: 150 IU Menopur
CD8: scan

Briss,
You produced 6 follicles without meds? Is that true?
I would start with mild stimulation first, minimum as possible. You don't know how your body reacts to it. It is very dangerous to over stimulate your ovaries.

I looked at youtube too for my first shot. I did it in the dim light, in the car, near the river with a a view of the castle:)

You did it! I am very proud of you! it wasn't that scary.:nope:

If your nr. improved, maybe NH can pay for your IVF?
You are so blessed that you can afford to pay for your treatment. You are so lucky. Some are less fortunate.

My urine is sitting in the bathroom and looking at me, and I am looking at it:haha: I can't do it!

My hubby is not here. I want to do it with him. I guess the urine will be too old by this afternoon. I guess I'll test tomorrow. It will be only 11 days. My little bean is only 11 days old.
Symptoms: tired all day yesterday without a reason, nausea minimum, tingle breasts, minimum uterine contractions. Very bright and colourful dreams.
I had non of the symptom last cycle. I was on progesterone too. I have hope.

dovkav, I am not really sure how it works with follicles cos I thought 6 was low, for my age they expect your AFC to be around 15, my last scan showed 9 follicles and the doc was kind of expecting to see more this time but there was only 6. Out of these 6 there was only 2 large ones (one on each ovary), the rest were quite small. I think the small ones will vanish unless they are supported by meds. They started me on 150 UI menopur yesterday and tbh, I am not feeling that great. could not sleep at all.

your first shot was very romantic! I did mine in our living room, quite ordinary really. Did you have to do any meds this cycle?

The NHS is looking at FSH rather than AMH when they decide whether you pass the test for IVf funding. I have doubts I want to go with the NHS because they do not sponsor natural IVF, only the most stimulated variety – scary

I think it might still a little bit early for you to test? maybe wait a couple of days? I am so hoping this is it for you!!

I took only HCG trigger and progesterone.
AAAAAh,You are talking about antral follicle count. 8 on each side suppose to be a good nr. I don't know mine. Don't worry it takes only one.
Did you know, Ovary selects 1 or 2 dominant follicles each month, eggs matures and than O. It selects form 100-800 dormant, antral follicles.
I hope next U/S will give us good news.

German insurance will not cover any firtility treatment for a husband who is over 49. Why don't they check sperm first!

BFN this morning, very sad and stressful morning. I hate testing.
I always waited for my AF. It suppose to show up in 6-7 days.
I hope it is too early.
Monday is a big day and I'll wait for that.
My dr. warned me, DON"T TEST AT HOME! OUR PATIENT TESTED NEGATIVE AND SHE WAS PREGNANT. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS!

dovkav, I totally agree with your doc, I've seen it many times testing too early, getting bfn feeling stressed and upset and then a few days later AF comes and then stops and then you get a bfp – how weird is this? it happens a lot so fingers crossed and let patience be your friend the next few days. Good luck!!

CD 8 Bloods: was told it's very good
Estrogen: increased from 295 (CD6) to 632
LH: incleased from 5.6 (CD6) to 6.5

Follicles: CD8 – 3 dominant follicles;
left: there has been some progress and 3 follicles grew a little bit: from 10mm to 13; from 7 to 9mm; from 5 to 7 mm; there are two little one which did not seem to grow.
right: unfortunately my only 10mm follicle did not grow at all; it's possible that it's empty but can only find out for sure at EC; I did not ask whether I have enough follicles and how fast they grow and how does it compare to others because I just do not want to get obsessed with it; I feel like I have no control whatsoever and I do not feel like the clinic can control the process either; they placed me on a fairly standard protocol and vary it little bit but generally it's outside of their control so I let it go.

lining: I think it's about 7 , triple layer – she said it's very good and blood flow is also very good. Although I am still spotting

meds: I am to continue daily menopur; + from today I am to add one more shot of cetrotide a day (to suppress ovulation); I can do both shots at the same time.

Cyst on the right: looks like it's not been affected by menopur; no change in size (I am very happy about that)

Side effects: headache is my constant companion; it just never goes away; started about 30 min after my first shot and is constantly there; it's driving me slightly crazy. I had the same reaction when I tried contraception pills – constant headache and I was told I am not suited to this type of protection and should stick to condoms

Scan: next scan is scheduled for Sunday CD 10

CD 8 Bloods: was told it's very good
Estrogen: increased from 295 (CD6) to 632
LH: incleased from 5.6 (CD6) to 6.5

Follicles: CD8 – 3 dominant follicles;
left: there has been some progress and 3 follicles grew a little bit: from 10mm to 13; from 7 to 9mm; from 5 to 7 mm; there are two little one which did not seem to grow.
right: unfortunately my only 10mm follicle did not grow at all; it's possible that it's empty but can only find out for sure at EC; I did not ask whether I have enough follicles and how fast they grow and how does it compare to others because I just do not want to get obsessed with it; I feel like I have no control whatsoever and I do not feel like the clinic can control the process either; they placed me on a fairly standard protocol and vary it little bit but generally it's outside of their control so I let it go.

lining: I think it's about 7 , triple layer – she said it's very good and blood flow is also very good. Although I am still spotting

meds: I am to continue daily menopur; + from today I am to add one more shot of cetrotide a day (to suppress ovulation); I can do both shots at the same time.

Cyst on the right: looks like it's not been affected by menopur; no change in size (I am very happy about that)

Side effects: headache is my constant companion; it just never goes away; started about 30 min after my first shot and is constantly there; it's driving me slightly crazy. I had the same reaction when I tried contraception pills – constant headache and I was told I am not suited to this type of protection and should stick to condoms

Scan: next scan is scheduled for Sunday CD 10

Nice report! Very good results. Your folllies growing like on the yeast!
I am very happy for you!
Why do you need to suppress O now. Follicles are not mature yet.
What follicle size your dr. wants to see for the retrieval?
I hope your headache will be a lit better. You are so close to EC. You'll see the time will fly by!
Are you gonna take HCG trigger 36 hours before ER?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->