8 month old meal ideas?

RLK

Reaction score
What type of things do you give your 8mo for lunch and dinner? Out of ideas
TIA

My Lg is at nursery during the week and eats way better than we do, she had sausage and mash for lunch then curry and rice for tea with fruit and veg for snacks throughout the day.

On weekends she eats what we do or I'll make things like banana omelette (mash banana add egg and cook), pasta with veg and tomato sauce, toast with mashed avacado spread...

Wesley loves things like fish pie, chicken/beef casserole, jacket potato, pasta bake, broccoli and cauliflower cheese, tacos with bean chilli, shepherds pie, fish cakes, roast dinner (especially the Yorkshire puddings!) there's very little he won't eat :)

We were doing things like pasta, sometimes plain, sometimes just with cheese, sometimes with sauce, scrambled eggs, soups with bread for dipping, sandwiches (usually cheese, or sometimes cashew butter, or hummus), sausages, twice baked jacket potatoes (often I take leftover vegetable soups, mash them up with the scooped out inside of the potato, add some butter and cheese and then I'll stuff them and bake again), rice cakes or oat cakes spread with various things (hummus, cream cheese, cashew butter, avocado), savoury muffins, mini pizzas. Those would be the sorts of things I'd offer on days when I didn't have leftover meals from the night before or I'd do that for lunch, usually with some cucumber sticks or pieces of fruit. If I had leftovers that were appropriate (not if we made a really spicy curry or had some sort of ready-meal junk), then it would just be whatever we had. So might just think about what you eat in a week yourself and offer the same things, with minor adjustments like leaving out the salt and sugar, honey, etc.

Here is the list of 10 ideas https://www.thebump.com/a/baby-food-recipes-8-to-10-month-olds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->