8 weeks or less and here we come baby!:)

its between me and her noone else. she was being insesitive and i am annoyed!

Hi all!
Mrsmctobe: I had to have a c-section for Eamon as he was footling breech and never turned, and it wasn't as bad as I imagined :hugs: They have come really really far with caesars over the years. My recovery period wasn't long at all. I was walking on the day after the section, showering myself, and was able to do light housework two weeks after, and felt normal again by 4 weeks PP. (I did bleed for six weeks but I know that varies from woman to woman.)
This time I will be having an elective section, not by choice as my hospital doesn't allow VBACs :rolleyes: And I am scared as of course it is major surgery but I also know that the risks aren't as high as they were even say 10 years ago with c-sections.

yeah but its a bid deal to me the thought terrifies me and i honestly think i would feel i failed cos i couldnt give birth to my son myself.
peeps say its not bad but its not called major surgery for nothing and what bothers some doesnt bother others.

but as long as my son is healthy and gets out safe i'll just have deal with it however that may be i dont know. how do you get over your fears of that and how you feel you will have failed thats what worries me.

Sorry...just wanted to point out that a heart transplant is major surgery! A c-section while invasive is extremely routine and the risks are actually quite low especially in today's day and age. No one likes the thought of having any type
of surgery but sometimes that is what we have to do for our own health. Anyone can understand you being scared...anyone would be but this is what we all got on board with when we got pregnant. You will be fine no matter what happens...you just need to take it one day at a time just like the rest of us (and I am having a scheduled section so it is a certainty for me).

anyways...im not gona let someones comments bring me down if thats what they really think they need to grow a brain and get a life! not that i have to jusify to anyone but i am gratefull than most to have a healthy baby boy i was petrifed that i was loosing him at start of my pregnancy and just because i am scared at the prospect of having to have major surgery does not mean i am not happy to have a healthy baby i do what it takes for my kids cos im a mum. and when you ladies are mums you will too but do not take kindly to someone making out im bad cos im scared no im not im human!

you can be scared and still be gratefully and happy your child is safe and well...!
I love my son dearly and would do anything for him as my other kids and if it means being sliced open to get him out safe and well yes i will do it and i will be happy and relived my son is here safe and well but i think its normal to be scared.

we wont discuss it anymore a lot peeps on this thread are not in same boat so wouldnt understand.

Hi all!
Mrsmctobe: I had to have a c-section for Eamon as he was footling breech and never turned, and it wasn't as bad as I imagined :hugs: They have come really really far with caesars over the years. My recovery period wasn't long at all. I was walking on the day after the section, showering myself, and was able to do light housework two weeks after, and felt normal again by 4 weeks PP. (I did bleed for six weeks but I know that varies from woman to woman.)
This time I will be having an elective section, not by choice as my hospital doesn't allow VBACs :rolleyes: And I am scared as of course it is major surgery but I also know that the risks aren't as high as they were even say 10 years ago with c-sections.

yeah but its a bid deal to me the thought terrifies me and i honestly think i would feel i failed cos i couldnt give birth to my son myself.
peeps say its not bad but its not called major surgery for nothing and what bothers some doesnt bother others.

but as long as my son is healthy and gets out safe i'll just have deal with it however that may be i dont know. how do you get over your fears of that and how you feel you will have failed thats what worries me.

Sorry...just wanted to point out that a heart transplant is major surgery! A c-section while invasive is extremely routine and the risks are actually quite low especially in today's day and age. No one likes the thought of having any type
of surgery but sometimes that is what we have to do for our own health. Anyone can understand you being scared...anyone would be but this is what we all got on board with when we got pregnant. You will be fine no matter what happens...you just need to take it one day at a time just like the rest of us (and I am having a scheduled section so it is a certainty for me).

c section is major op! its good for you that you are coping well with it but i am petrified and people may not be but i am and i will do what needs to be done doesn not mean i am scared and how i feel as a mother to having one.

its very very different being in the situ your told you have a small amount of time for baby to turn or you will have a c section to well you might need one but right now theres no reason why you would.

its between me and her noone else. she was being insesitive and i am annoyed!

I completely agree it is Hun. However I will stick up for anyone who doesn't deserve outrageous accusations thrown their way, you know I have had your back in the past. You can't prove your false remarks against NotNic because they are not there. You really owe her an apology hun xx

No i will not apologise she thinks i dont care bout my baby she can whistle of her apology

She never ever said that hun! I have tried with you but nothing is getting through. Such a shame because I loved this thread and felt that we were a close group. Please please please once you have calmed down, reread notnics comments. I'm sorry but you have been really out of line and I wouldn't be sure if NotNic would even accept your apology even if you came to your senses anyway hun. Xx

No i will not apologise she thinks i dont care bout my baby she can whistle of her apology

If anything further needs to be said between the two of you - then do it off the forum via pm. I don't want to read any more discussion regarding this within this thread - it's meant to be a friendly and supportive group, not a place where other members are being made to feel uncomfortable.

Mrsctob - once again, your name is being brought to the moderating teams attention. Perhaps you should have a think about your conduct online, and how you come across

I just want to come in on this one ...

Don't take it to PM your abusive there too. Whist we encourage you to talk through your issues via PM sometimes the same rules of the forum apply.
Rudeness will not be tolerated to or about our members.

I think we should get back on track and that the person in question should cease posting on here as it is not, as we have seen on more than one occasion, conducive to a mature, friendly and supportive thread. If that does not happen then I shall start a new thread only for those of us who are interested in being nice and supportive to each other. Iamblessed never wanted this to be anything but friendly so I know that she would have no issue in me starting a new one if required.

So, moving onwards and upwards.....

How we all doing? Ive bought loads more baby stuff this week. Only big essential thing I still need to get is an isofix base. We have 2 car seats now but Im going to get a base for my car as it will make it much easier for me taking bubba in and out. OH's dad was asking what he could buy us (my parents have bought the buggy, car seat and his mums given us a cheque) and we wondered about maybe suggesting either a travel cot or highchair. We obviously wont need a high chair for a wee while. Are you guys getting a travel cot? We are going on holiday hopefully in September but Im not sure if we are best just to take moses basket with us and travel cot might not be a necessity??? Any thoughts would be great. xx

If you get an isofix base then its worth paying a bit extra to get the family base then you can use it on the toddler chair too. We have a travel cot that was given as a gift, but in the short term we will use our iCandy pram top as that can be used for overnight stays. Also check on your accomodation. They might provide something which will be much easier. Have you thought about an activity mat or a bouncer chair?

Hey guys, just wanted to say that since we are about to be new fruits it seemed a good time for a fresh thread. New fruit and new start. Hope you come over and find us on the thread called: The Honeydews are coming! - Iamblessed's weekly threads which is in the same area as this one. xx

If you get an isofix base then its worth paying a bit extra to get the family base then you can use it on the toddler chair too. We have a travel cot that was given as a gift, but in the short term we will use our iCandy pram top as that can be used for overnight stays. Also check on your accomodation. They might provide something which will be much easier. Have you thought about an activity mat or a bouncer chair?

Got a swing, bouncy chair and play gym already so thats all in hand. Cheers hun. I was looking at the family fix but its maxi cosi that we have and the bigger car seat and family fix base isnt compatible with my car so Id have to buy a new one when we upgrade car seat anyway. Bit of a pain as I would have preferred a family fix but wont work out any cheaper long term unfortunately.
xx

Hey guys, just wanted to say that since we are about to be new fruits it seemed a good time for a fresh thread. New fruit and new start. Hope you come over and find us on the thread called: The Honeydews are coming! - Iamblessed's weekly threads which is in the same area as this one. xx

Excellent!! A new start/thread is the way forward and will save me from having to start one! :happydance: x
p.s Love the name. Im now singing the coca cola advert theme tune in my head!!

Sorry about that. It's my revenge on IAB for calling one week 'Hey Mangoes'. I was singing 'Hey Mambo' for ages after that one :haha:

IAB - I've sent you a PM. Let us know how you are feeling okay? :)

Hi all!

Sorry. This has annoyed me. Don't mean to start another fight but:
A section *is* major surgery... lol....
It involves cutting through 7 layers of freaking muscle and an organ. No, it isn't a heart transplant. But it's still classed as major surgery. Tell that to the scar I have that is still red 2 years after the incision was made :thumbup: Now it's *me* not meaning to be rude, but have you ever had a section? And if you have, and got lucky like me and recovered faster, that's good-- but it doesn't mean it isn't still a major surgical procedure.

NotNic: I will be 39 weeks on Liam's birthday. It was originally going to be 38 but it was moved forward a week as Eamon was only 5lb at birth at 38 weeks :flower:

ETA: I know a section is scary. I've had one. I've been in the exact position mrsmctobe is. I've had a breech delivered by section so I *do* know what I'm talking about. I understand how frightening the prospect is of surgery, especially when you didn't ask for it but it's necessary to keep you and your baby alive :shrug: I have beaten myself up for the last 2 years for not being a 'proper' woman and giving birth naturally to my son. But you know what? If I tried to birth him vaginally chances are he would not be here and neither would I.
So I am thankful c-sections exist, as terrifying as the idea is-- when you've been there and done it and had one and know it was your only option.... you kinda don't feel so bad when you look at what the other outcome could've been.

Double ETA: Sorry boofs and Wobbles, I didn't see you there. I just saw the post about sections not being major surgery and couldn't help myself from correcting it. Will stop the discussion now :blush:

Ah Eamon was tiny! I bet he looked lost in his babygros. How's Liam's weight doing? Also I think most of us are posting on the other thread now. Hope to see you over there. :flower:

Ah Eamon was tiny! I bet he looked lost in his babygros. How's Liam's weight doing? Also I think most of us are posting on the other thread now. Hope to see you over there. :flower:

Will come on over, got a link hun? :flower:
PS: He was adorable! And Liam is measuring a little bigger than Eamon so I'm hoping that is a good thing!

Here you go: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...lesseds-weekly-threads-7ish-weeks-go-yay.html

Brilliant news that he's a little bit bigger. My friends son was 4lb 10oz when he was born at 36 weeks (He was fine just impatient! :haha:) and it was like holding a tiny doll. Soo cute when they are that dinky!

Looking forward to seeing you over there. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->