:(

bumphenders

Reaction score
Just got back from Sainsburys with my mam, and I got some baby clothes for LO... and some woman was at the till talking to the girl that works there, and she said how cute the things were that i was getting, then she asked me if LO was already here so my mam said "oh no not yet, but its spoilt already"
and the woman went, "awww how when are you due?"
So I said April, and she went "oh, thats ages away" and then looked me up and down and walked away...

:/

I was excited thinking im close to being half way and she totally ruined my excitement :(

:flow:

I hate it when people do that to me! I'm due in April too and people are still giving me the "oh you've still got a ways to go" comments and it irritates me!

Could be worse... We could be giraffes! :shrug:

I know the feeling, I was so excited about being half way yesterday, now today I'm thinking it's still only half way!! :dohh:

ignore them dont let them spoil your excitement, your LO will be here before you know it. Like my mumsaid once christmas is done with the next thing you will be holding our little bundles of joy. xx

don't listen to people like that, and you get on with being excited!!! xx :)

I still get that when I say im due in febuary, I don't think people realize how close it is cause its in the new year but for me its only 13 weeks away :0

I've been getting those type of comments too. I think because of the time of year it is right now, people don't realize how close April is. It's only 4.5 months away, that to me is not long at all!

Oh God.. I turn 30 in April. I'm now officially depressed about THAT.

Anyway I'm due in March and that feels so far off because of how uncomfortable I already am... but I've had a lot of people make the same comments. As far as I am concerned, I'm the only one who gets to say how long I have to go still!

It just makes me sad, Like, I'm finding it hard enough to be excited about all this, then when I do get excited, people shoot me down :/

I think most people think "oh we still have to WAIT for thanksgiving then WAIT for Christmas then WAIT for the new year. But for us it's all "omg soon thanksgiving , Christmas and the new year will be here then shortly after my baby!" it's all in how it's looked at and our own perspectives. I'm 16 weeks today and that seems to h e gone by too fast when I originally felt it was too slow.

When I look at it that way its like..

Starting Xmas shopping next week, and getting a few more baby bits.\
Scan A week Monday.
Then Christmas
Then New Year
Then My 21st
Then LO is here!

So when I look at it like that, its not too bad...
My Mum told me to set milestones... So I have the fact I'm paid and i'm xmas on Wednesday
Then scan 28th
Then Midwife 19th where she said I can listen to Lo's HB if I choose too.
Then Christmas

So when it like that, it makes time seem to go quicker having things to look forward too.

Oh time has flown by in second trimester. Although I suspect that has a lot to do with not spending so much time in the bathroom.

Could be worse... We could be giraffes! :shrug:

I know the feeling, I was so excited about being half way yesterday, now today I'm thinking it's still only half way!! :dohh:

that made me laugh.. or elephants whose gestation period is 22 months, almost two years! :wacko:

Wow that lady at the retail shop must have issues, what does it matter to her where you're at in your pregnancy?? I went out and bought things at 4 weeks as soon as I found out, does that make me deficient in some way?? People should really just not talk if they're going to say dumb things :shrug:

That used to wind me up " oh, you've got ages yet." It maybe ages away to them, but to you it'll be here faster...so sod them. X :)

Dont mind them hun , im actually having the opposite of reactions , when i say im due in March people say ohh as soon as xmas is over its going to just fly in for you! , which s true! we will have our legs in stirrups in no time haha

I got a shock yesterday lol, I was arranging my maternity leave with my boss... When I worked it out, it's only 7 weeks away :/ 5 if you count the Xmas holidays! I'll be 30 weeks. How the HELL did that sneak up on me?! Lol.

I still get comments that March is ages away... But it's not... Xmas is only like 6 weeks away, then another week until new year. Then it will be about 9 weeks... Which is nothing! Especially seeing as how we'll be moving house in the new year! It doesn't give me too much chance to do any nesting XD which I'm already DYING to do! Haha.

Just ignore her and enjoy being excited! It will be over all too soon!

XxX

Yeah, it will go quick I suppose, I think once I know what LO is, it makes it more real, because people always seem to ask what i'm having, and if I say I don't know yet, they realise I'm less then 20 weeks and they lose interest....

Also, when you turn 20 weeks, are you saying 20 weeks, or 5 month?

I get this. So annoying. I'm excited to be almost half way through. No one else seems to acknowledge it. It even gets me thinking, ugh it is ages away. Hopefully once Christmas is over, people will be more excited for us April mommys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->