8dpo anyone else any symptoms

Looks like Wooly and Desperado are testing on Monday...What about you, Kosh? This is so exciting! :wohoo:

For those of you that have had CP/EM, how was your next cycle effected?

i think i had a CM in october '10. i say i think because i had not tested so i cannot confirm that I was pregnant, but my period was totally different (heavier and at the wrong time) which made me think I was, but it did not stick. The following month I think I Ov'ed a bit later than usual, and I got pregnant again (unfortunately ended in MMC).

have you had a CM?

Looks like Wooly and Desperado are testing on Monday...What about you, Kosh? This is so exciting! :wohoo:

I'm a 'no-tester'! :winkwink: but you ladies are tempting me!
I will try to wait till after wednesday (my AF date).

:hugs:

Well about 8pm last night I started to get AF type pains but only on the left side and I had stabbing pains in my private area

me too! started to have AF type pain and on and off stabbing pains.
i really do not want to get my hopes up. same happened last month and it was just AF...

doing my best to stay positive (but not succeeding...)
this part of the 2ww is the worst!

I'd forgotten how bad the 2WW was :nope:

Last time I was pulling my hair out doing this wait was in 2009 when we were trying last - 11 months with not one BFP so I'm not optomistic :nope:

In a strange way it does calm me slightly that other ladies are feeling the same and that I'm not totally :wacko:

Although I am soooo tearful at the moment. I was watching a computer animated program on dinosaurs earlier; more to listen to Stephen Fry's voice than watch the program :) and it showed a dinosaur dying and I burst into tears :nope: My DH looked at me with the strangest expression and said "are you really crying over a computer generation of an extinct animal dying?" when I said yes he just shrugged but I'm sure he thinks :wacko:

I was going to be so strong and be a no tester but not sure if I'll manage :shrug:

I did cave yesterday even though I knew I'd get a BFN but was still disappointed to get it.

DH is really wanting me to wait till 29 April as it will be the day after AF is due so I'll try my best for him but sometimes I'm just not strong :)

Yes, I think I did, from what I have read and all the strange things that happened last cycle. AF ended up starting 2 days late...so I am wondering now if should expect her 2 days early? CD28 instead of CD30? Today is CD27 for me and my temps dipped way down....This always happens for me on the day before AF...

Everything has been so wonky lately...Oed 4 days early, as well...but I attributed that to the B complex...oh well...I guess I should just wait and see instead of trying to guess...I'm just so accustomed to knowing exactly what to expect and when...Oh well...

Kosh & Indigo - sorry to hear of your CP and Kosh of your MMC.

Indigo if this isn't your month (but still keeping all crossed for you) then I hope your cycle settles properly so that next month you know what is going on.

For those who take temps and chart do you find it calms you as you have a better idea of what is going on? Or does it make you more obsessive?

I can be quite an obsessive soul but wondering if temping would give me more understanding or my cycle and therefore I wouldn't obsess on symptom spotting and such.

I was going to be so strong and be a no tester but not sure if I'll manage :shrug:

I did cave yesterday even though I knew I'd get a BFN but was still disappointed to get it.

DH is really wanting me to wait till 29 April as it will be the day after AF is due so I'll try my best for him but sometimes I'm just not strong :)

i don't like testing early, i know i'd just get disappointed. but the last 2-3 days are soooo difficult.

come on, we can wait! :thumbup:

Ok I will wait till Friday if you wait till Wednesday - deal? :)

Yes, I think I did, from what I have read and all the strange things that happened last cycle. AF ended up starting 2 days late...so I am wondering now if should expect her 2 days early? CD28 instead of CD30? Today is CD27 for me and my temps dipped way down....This always happens for me on the day before AF...

Everything has been so wonky lately...Oed 4 days early, as well...but I attributed that to the B complex...oh well...I guess I should just wait and see instead of trying to guess...I'm just so accustomed to knowing exactly what to expect and when...Oh well...

i took B6 for a couple of months and my cycle was 2 days shorter. i still don't know if that was the real cause, or maybe my body has changed since the MMC
:shrug:

For those who take temps and chart do you find it calms you as you have a better idea of what is going on? Or does it make you more obsessive?

I can be quite an obsessive soul but wondering if temping would give me more understanding or my cycle and therefore I wouldn't obsess on symptom spotting and such.

Temping is definitely comforting to me...I get clues that I wouldn't get any other way...I get the temp dip on O day and then again the day before AF, for example...

I like knowing what to expect. I have a difficult time with spotting CM and CP changes, so I need to rely on temps and OPKs.

I can get obsessive, too...but really don't with temping...I find waiting to POAS the toughest part...I just want to know one way or another ASAP...

I think I may consider temping soon but I know DH would rather we just BD every other day whilst taking supplements and using pre-seed for 2-3 months first.

I've tried all month to use CP but have achieved nothing but upsetting my cervix :( My CM isn't always useful for predicting where in my cycle I am. Every other month I get ovulation pain from my left ovary and thankfully that was the one this month so I knew my ovulation day but next month it could be anyone's guess when I ovulate :shrug:

In 2009 I just used OPKs and think I was doing it all wrong as I found it all too stressful.

have some comments to make but computer is playing up - will try later! :flower:

Ok I will wait till Friday if you wait till Wednesday - deal? :)

deal!!!:thumbup:

Hope you don't mind me joining this thread. AF is due for me on Wednesday too but to be honest I really don't think this is my month (didn't really have much :sex:) but you never know I could have got lucky...

It's so hard not to symptom spot! I've never been a POAS addict firstly because I never really had periods (amenorrhea caused by PCOS) and now that I've been able to regulate my cycle, AF has always turned up bang on time and so there's been no need to test!

Since my HSG my cycle has gone a bit wonky too, from near 'perfect' 28 day cycles to 33 so I kind of lost my way in terms of ovulation prediction. This month I'm starting with the CBFM (was selected for a trial so got one free of charge) and so hopefully I will be a little more in control. Even if I do test positive, I still need to carry on using the monitor, as they are interested in collecting data from a pregnant woman right up until the end of the first trimester. I try not to think that far ahead but I guess it's good to be positive.

Hope you don't mind me joining this thread. AF is due for me on Wednesday too but to be honest I really don't think this is my month (didn't really have much :sex:) but you never know I could have got lucky...

It's so hard not to symptom spot! I've never been a POAS addict firstly because I never really had periods (amenorrhea caused by PCOS) and now that I've been able to regulate my cycle, AF has always turned up bang on time and so there's been no need to test!

Since my HSG my cycle has gone a bit wonky too, from near 'perfect' 28 day cycles to 33 so I kind of lost my way in terms of ovulation prediction. This month I'm starting with the CBFM (was selected for a trial so got one free of charge) and so hopefully I will be a little more in control. Even if I do test positive, I still need to carry on using the monitor, as they are interested in collecting data from a pregnant woman right up until the end of the first trimester. I try not to think that far ahead but I guess it's good to be positive.

Hi Ruth, Well I now I certainly don't mind you joining this thread and I would guess neither do any of the other ladies.

Sorry to hear your cycles went wonky but keeping FXed that you may still get your BFP this month but if not that the CBFM helps.

DH and I had a talk last night and I've brought a BT themometer last night so that I can start charting from my next cycle. Not sure why I just don't feel too hopeful this month but I'm ok with it.

Hi Ruth your still in till the witch arrives :thumbup:,am also thinking of temping next month,wot sort of thermometer wud u advise?:hugs:Xxx

Hi Ruth your still in till the witch arrives :thumbup:,am also thinking of temping next month,wot sort of thermometer wud u advise?:hugs:Xxx

Good question Desperado!

And one I probably should have asked before shopping on eBay :dohh:

I've signed up with Fertility Friend and currently studying the course they send via email so I get it all correct. My, numbers and charts aren't the best of friends but DH has understood it from the word go which is good but makes me feel a little :dohh:

How is everyone today? Sending PMA and :hugs: to all plus loads of :dust:

I just started temping this month, I have been doing the ov tests for months now, but with them they just tell you when you are getting your LH surge not when you ovulate. I am temping to try and confirm ovulation has happened after my smiley face ov test. I was reading how people can get an LH surge and not actually ovulate so thought it was a good idea to temp.

I dont like temping, its annoying remember it every morning before I wake up, but Im not tooo strict with it. If I dont do it the same time everyday thats ok. I just want a general idea of temps. also I dont like to test early...I find that stressful and prefer to wait till AF shows. Im hoping I might get a clue Im pregnant from high temps. I did try temping one other month at the end of the month and had the temp dip before AF, so it was like a gentle let down!

its hard to say if it would make you more obsessive or not, perhaps try one month and see how you feel, and dont be too strict with it. I dont think it would change your symptom spotting. I dont symptom spot anymore as Ive had so many symptoms each month, and nothing happens. Pregnancy and AF symptoms are basically the same. In fact my friends on here that get their BFPs seem to have less symptoms the month they got pregnant.

good luck :flower:

Good question Desperado!

And one I probably should have asked before shopping on eBay :dohh:

I've signed up with Fertility Friend and currently studying the course they send via email so I get it all correct. My, numbers and charts aren't the best of friends but DH has understood it from the word go which is good but makes me feel a little :dohh:

How is everyone today? Sending PMA and :hugs: to all plus loads of :dust:

its called a basal temp thermometer as it counts to the nearest .01, where other therms dont...

"A basal thermometer is an ultra sensitive thermometer that tracks your body’s minutest temperature shift or basal temperature. Basal Temperature is the normal body temperature of a healthy person immediately upon awakening in the morning. This temperature normally rises after ovulation due to hormonal changes. Thus, a temperature increase near the middle of your menstrual cycle can indicate ovulation has occurred."

I didnt understand the chart thing at all, but lots of people on here can help. Just try and take your temp as soon as you wake up before getting out of bed (the same time each day if you can) and record it into FF. the main shifts in temps happen after ovulation (goes up) and before AF (goes down). theres so much more to it, but dont get overwhelmed. start slowly and ask on here if you have any questions, theres lots of chart experts :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->