9+ Months

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
I need ideas! Hannah's a good eater but she hates purees and it's a fight to get them down her. So I need some good soft finger food ideas please!

scrambled egg and baked beans? (do you have them over there?!) or cheese and potatoes with peas? Ally loves peas. I'm not sure why.

Hannah loves peas as well. How do you do the cheese and potatoes with peas?? She loves eggs as long as she gets the egg whites :blush: Baked beans? Those don't have too much salt??

I'm sure they're okay if you only give them occasionally. Ally has about quarter of a tin once a week. You can get reduced salt ones here but I don't tend to look around shops for them, if I can see reduced salt ones, I get them tho.

For the potato I get a jacket potato, scoop out the white stuff, grate some cheese over it and throw some peas over. It's not as messy as it sounds lol.

I'm not too bothered with mess :rofl: I've given Hannah mashed potatoes on her tray and just let her have at it. It's easier to just let her feed herself

I would try all diff diced fruits and cooked veggies. Try checking out wholesomebabyfood.com there are tons of recipes on there from purees to finger foods and more toddler like foods

give her corn on the cob! that's exciting.

will have to give corn a go :D she's had the creamed stuff but I think she'd really enjoy the uncreamed version

You could use the same puree recipes but gently mash them? Broccoli is a great finger food - leave the stems long and they make great handles!

yep she has broccoli and loves it :)

Teddy loves these: https://ukfamily.co.uk/lifestyle/food/feeding-your-baby/older-baby/chicken-apple-balls.html

I make them small and cut them up for him.I love this womans book - I'd highly recomend it.

ooo they look fab tinytoes, maddi would love them!

we give maddi these finger foods vickie:

boiled egg - quarted
toast
pieces of cheese
cucumber
pieces of pasta, with cooked mushroom and tomotoes, with cheese stirred into it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members