9 weeks pregnant..

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Hi girls!

Happy New Year first off!! Hope it brings u all lots of love & happiness...

I am 9 weeks pregnant & first saw my doc at about 6 weeks (I think)
Anyway, he didnt check anything/do any tests- is this normal in the uk? (My best friend says same has happened with her on both pregnancies)

My first hospital midwife appt is next week- what do they do here?
I mean this may sound crazy but I'm now having this awful thoughts that I'll go hosp next week & they might say Im not even pregnant? :wacko:

Yeah that's normal. The midwife will just fill outaload of forms with you :)! I thought the same thing too, about them saying "yeah, you're not really pregnant." But here I am, 19 weeks :D

Hi

Snap I am 9 weeks 4 days and 1st midwife appt tomorrow, found out at 6 weeks and did like 7 pregnancy test all positive made a doctors appt for them just to tell me what i already knew(took a sample day b4), the doc basically said congratulations the pregnancy will take care of itself, then 2 weeks later midwife appt....I though this unusual to.

Congratulations btw

Its normal hon, the midwife will come out and see you at home for your first visit and fill out your pregnancy notes etc.. as for the scan, I had my first at 7 weeks and I kept thinking they would say that I was imagening the pregnancy lol.. and well I'm now nearly 35weeks so relax, it will be fine

I'm going to the hospital to see midwife..

Also where can I get one of those 'waist expanders' from? my trousers are getting tight now and Im having to use safety pins!

I have tried woolworths & mothercare & neither have them!!

does anyone know?
I have seen some on ebay but would rather see them in a store before buying?

Alot of mail order baby catalogues will do them and I think babies r us do them aswell

i was dissapointed when i went to my doctors, he just said well if you've done 6 home pregnancy tests then you are, pressed on my stomache it was tender (i needed a wee too be honest) and he got me to pee in a pot and tested me for infection (clear btw) and then told me to wait for an appointment for the gp's midwife and asked me which hospital i wanted to give birth. and that was it.
i had my midwife appointment friday and no tests got done just talked to me asked if i had any questions. 5 mins it took. cant wait for my scan now.

I'm going to the hospital to see midwife..

Also where can I get one of those 'waist expanders' from? my trousers are getting tight now and Im having to use safety pins!

I have tried woolworths & mothercare & neither have them!!
These are good;
https://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/...t_category_rn=42391&productId=78390&langId=-1
Can get them in whiet also!

There really isn't much involvement from your GP in pregnancy - Its your MW and sometimes they don't see you until towards the end of your first trimester and then the first vitel (sp) appointment is your first scan (usually around week 12) unless you have had problems in the past (losses or other known problems/aids TTC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->