________ ________ Burton???

Violinnem

Reaction score
Hi everyone! HELP! Me and my hubby are totally stuck for a name that goes with Burton, doesn't start with a 'B', and COULD use 'John' (my Grandad) or 'James' (my hubby) as a middle name, but not necessarily!!

Any suggestions would be wonderful. We love the old-fashioned traditional names, and already have a 'Charles Eric' (who we call Charlie 99% of the time!!).

Thank you in advance! xx

for some reason the first name thet popped into my head that I thought would flow nicely with Charlie and Burton was Alex. Alexander James Burton or Alexander John Burton? might not be to your taste though lol...

William? Will Burton sounds quite cool lol. These are just the first traditional names that popped into my head. although i suppose Charles and William would be very royal lol

Robert Thomas
Jonathan Stanley
Theodore Jack

Difficult to know for girls as you don't have an example name you like. I'm guessing along the lines of Emily, Elaine, Claire, Suzanna etc but could be wrong!

Haha, SO sorry, I should've specified BOY'S names. Oops. Sorry gals!

JumpingIn, I'm Emily Burton :) It does have a nice flow. Lol. Much better than my maiden name anyway!!! I do like Robert, but my husband is adamant that it'd get shortened to 'Bobby' (rather than 'Robbie' that I like), and 'Bobby Burton' sounds too much like a 1960s footballer's name!! Lol.

Oooh lace&pearls, I do actually like Alex. It sounds traditional, yet edgy. We did think William, but we have a William already quite close in the family, and I reckon they'd think we were copying them or something. He's still a toddler too you see. It's tricky!!!

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! Keep 'em coming if you think of any more! xx

Thomas James burton 'tom/Tommy'
Edward John burton 'ted/teddy'
Joshua James burton 'josh'
Samuel John burton 'Sam/sammy'

I like Charlie & Sam, Charlie & Frankie, Charlie & Henry

So maybe:

Samuel James
Franklin John
Henry James

I also think Jonathan or Jonah after your grandfather would be nice!

Jonathan James
Jonah James

They could both have the nickname "JJ" if you like that! JJ Burton

Jack James
Jacob James
Harrison (Harry) John or James

Ooh my DS's best pal is named Charlie James Burton :haha:. And her nam is Alex, one of the suggestions for your DS2's names- spooky :haha:. Her other son is named Jac, I think Jack/Jac and Charlie go well together. Some others:
Harry
Oscar
Leo
Theo
Arthur
Alfie

Tim Burton *boom boom tish*

Lol uhh no. Let's think of some serious suggestions. Hmm...

Adam James
Andrew John
William James
Theodore John
David James
Michael James
Frederick James
Paul James
Daniel John
Christopher John
Craig James
Matthew James
Stanley John
Marcus James

Have you thought about these names?

Matthew
Joseph
Nicholas
Dominic
Gabriel
Gregory
Henry
Isaac
Joshua
Joel
Jacob
Nathan
Russell
Noah
Rowan
Ryan
Rufus
Walter
Tobias

Love Charles nn Charlie!

I'm answering this as I considered Charlie and so I think it goes well with my son's names

Freddie James Burton
Henry James Burton
Edward James Burton (Ted Teddy or Eddie)

Charlie or Henry would be my choice if I had a third boy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->