A Big Nerdy TTC and Preggers Party - Gamers/Dorks/Nerds/Enthusiasts Welcome

Ginger - She is ADORABLE! Even in that pic I think she looks expressive for her age. And it's amazing, my 3 year old looks old for her age and I frequently think all the baby is "gone".... but then she makes a certain face or yawns, or there's just something about her... and I completely flash back to when she was just weeks old again. It's really wonderful watching them grow every step of the way <3

Thanks! :cloud9:

She is/was an IUGR baby and a preemie, so she'll be little for longer. Only just hit 4 lbs last week. Not yet to her would-be due date. Tiny peanut! But she is full of SO much rage and personality. Haha

Kat - We had been on Sentinel (RP, although we never actually RPed lol). I have to say I'm a bit anxious of a PvP server this late in the game.... seems like ganking may have become WAAAAY to easy/common now.

It really is, and you can fly pretty much everywhere now, so a lot of bored level capped players just fly around and kill people questing. If my family/friends weren't all on the server I'd probably transfer to a PVE one. The new expansion is looking pretty good right now though!

Kat - We had been on Sentinel (RP, although we never actually RPed lol). I have to say I'm a bit anxious of a PvP server this late in the game.... seems like ganking may have become WAAAAY to easy/common now.

It really is, and you can fly pretty much everywhere now, so a lot of bored level capped players just fly around and kill people questing. If my family/friends weren't all on the server I'd probably transfer to a PVE one. The new expansion is looking pretty good right now though!

This is exactly why I quit PVP servers. People suck.

Your little one is so adorable Ginger :flower:

I'm counting down to my first scan next Wednesday, can't wait. Especially as I'm just starting to feel the odd occasional poke when I'm laying quietly, wouldn't believe it it if wasn't for the doppler picking up little ones heartbeat each time.

Honestly feel a little lost with the gamers chat, I never could get into online games. Even with Hubby virtually begging me to join him on Minecraft.

Did get to please my inner geek the other day by finally getting Star Trek TNG series 7 collectors edition dvd, brand new and for cheap! Been trying to get it for years. Now just need series 5 and it'll be complete. Wish I'd bought it when it first came out, always been a regret of mine.

I had to pop in and share this site:
https://babysizer.com/
Best countdown ticker I've seen - it gives baby sizes in terms of geeky things (instead of fruit or whatnot). :D You can also see it in terms of cravings (chocolates/candies/snacks) or "manly" things too.... but I'm just stoked knowing last week the baby was the size of the one ring, and this week is the size of the golden snitch :rofl:

I had to pop in and share this site:
https://babysizer.com/
Best countdown ticker I've seen - it gives baby sizes in terms of geeky things (instead of fruit or whatnot). :D You can also see it in terms of cravings (chocolates/candies/snacks) or "manly" things too.... but I'm just stoked knowing last week the baby was the size of the one ring, and this week is the size of the golden snitch :rofl:

Awesome, gonna link Hubby to it. He'll just be miffed that I've gone past the size of a Minecraft pixel.

Currently got the size of an arc reactor, and my inner marvel geek is having a fangirl moment :haha:

So for any Doctor Who watchers/fans

Thoughts on River Song?

Edit: agreed on the ticker. Someone needs to find/make one for babies/children "Your child is now the size of the average hobbit" "Your child would now be accepted into Hogwarts" "Your child now will attempt to hit you like a Bludger that has been possessed"

I think the last one is just me

Just throwing this out there since this is the nerdy/gaming thread, which I love ;) In my sims game, I'm completely jealous that the women can get pregnant immediately after trying for a baby. Like, I don't even want to play the game anymore :growlmad:
High five to all other simmers out there!! :thumbup:

Just throwing this out there since this is the nerdy/gaming thread, which I love ;) In my sims game, I'm completely jealous that the women can get pregnant immediately after trying for a baby. Like, I don't even want to play the game anymore :growlmad:
High five to all other simmers out there!! :thumbup:

I was completely addicted to the original Sims. I memorised the cheat code for unlimited money and would create my perfect home and fancy manors. Pretty sure I had every expansion pack until they released Sims 2 where I had at least the first 4 expansion packs. Only played Sims 3 on the Wii and not the same. Haven't got a windows machine to play it on any more :(

Pregnancy was so easy when I played it, though my sims used to regularly clog the toilets. The original was even easier, ten kisses in a row and a pop up saying 'shall we have a baby' would pop up, then a cot with a baby would appear straight away lol.

So for any Doctor Who watchers/fans

Thoughts on River Song?

Edit: agreed on the ticker. Someone needs to find/make one for babies/children "Your child is now the size of the average hobbit" "Your child would now be accepted into Hogwarts" "Your child now will attempt to hit you like a Bludger that has been possessed"

I think the last one is just me

Can't say I'm the biggest Doctor Who fan, though I just finished rewatching the series with the 9th Doctor. 10th Doctor is my favourite, so gonna go through those again too. The whole River thing is weird to me, and as much as I like Alex Kingston her character absolutely bugs me. Liked her in her first few appearances, but she then grates on me.

Miss babes: I know! I loved the thought of River Song! I do. And I like Alex Kingston in a bunch of other stuff, but to me it seems, first, a weird combo of Matt smith and Alex Kingston. And yea, it just seemed to drag out? Like they were pushing it too much with the "sweeties"

https://www.tor.com/2014/01/08/the-problem-with-river-song-doctor-who/
I read that a couple days ago and I agree on most points

Miss babes: I know! I loved the thought of River Song! I do. And I like Alex Kingston in a bunch of other stuff, but to me it seems, first, a weird combo of Matt smith and Alex Kingston. And yea, it just seemed to drag out? Like they were pushing it too much with the "sweeties"

https://www.tor.com/2014/01/08/the-problem-with-river-song-doctor-who/
I read that a couple days ago and I agree on most points

That really did point out the major flaws in the 11th Doctor and River. Her first and second appearances really were the best before the story-arch went bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->