A Big Nerdy TTC and Preggers Party - Gamers/Dorks/Nerds/Enthusiasts Welcome

Cheers GingerPanda! Was a big shock, but couldn't be happier.

Hope all is going well with your pregnancy :)

Luci is measuring about two weeks too small, in the 34th percentile. But they said she looks healthy, so that's good! Other than that, my belly apparently looks small, because all anyone ever tells me is, "You don't look 32+ weeks pregnant!"

I had a hairdresser last week tell me she didn't even notice I was pregnant, so I guess I just look fat! :haha:

I measured 2 weeks ahead with DS, and the scans along with the consultants all said that he was going to be a whopper over 9lbs. In reality he was born 7lb 10oz, and was just a long lad taking after his giant 6'5 Daddy :haha:

Was never mistaking my bump with DS, I'm only 5'2 so it stood out loads. Will be a wonder on what will happen this time round :)

Hubs is 6'3", and I was more than 8lbs, so I was expecting a big baby! :haha:

Ack! My deepest apologies for being MIA. I had taken some down time from the forums and when I came back I kind of let this forum slip. Who's still around and how's everyone been doing??

Ginger and Mrs - How are things going? You guys are really coming along now! Mrs, have you been keeping up with LARPing? Any awesome preggo LARP pics? Any nerdy nursery pics from either of you?

Missbabes- CONGRATS!! :happydance: So sorry to be a month late on this, but super huge congrats both on the house and on the :bfp:! How has the first trimester been treating you? Will you find out the gender?

Thanks Krissy. Having a harder time this time round, suffering from nausea greatly each day without fail, had it easy with DS. Tired all the time too, don't think DS has helped with that either :)

I've finally got my first scan booked in for the 7th, and can't wait for it happen. As for finding out the gender we seem to be leaning towards finding out as we didn't with DS. I've been having girl vibes for the last few weeks so can only wait and see :)

Looks like a congratulations is in order for you too :flower:

Hi ladies, mind if I join? :) I met my husband playing World of Warcraft, and love Star Wars/Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings/Labyrinth/Game of Thrones/way too many fantasy writers/etc. The theme for this pregnancy is Star Wars and I'm hoping to craft a custom nursery theme. Hubby and I usually cosplay Star Wars at conventions. :blush:

Congrats to all the pregnant mommas! <3

Miss - LOL Yeah... I'm still quite nervous about it really sticking. Especially today, having one of those days where if I don't have symptoms I'm nervous that I should, and if I do have symptoms I'm nervous that they're bad :wacko: lol. Early pregnancy crazies. But things seem to be going ok so far. Hopefully. Since I went the IVF route I get a bunch of early scans, so my first one is next Tuesday. I'll feel better after that I think.

Welcome Kitteh :wave: You're more than welcome here. We've had a few cosplayers on board, but I think you're our first SW one :) Any pics of the cosplay or nursery ideas? I'm just two days ahead of you! Yay for bump buddies <3! Have you had any symptoms yet to speak of? When do you go for your first scan?

Thanks, Krissy! :cloud9: Yay for bump buddies! :) Fatigue has been my main symptom, but other than that everything is pretty mild. I feel so normal! I go in on Friday to get my referral to start prenatal care, and have a private scan booked for the 25th just in case hospital waits to do one. So excited for your scan next week though, I love seeing babies develop over the weeks! <3 How have you been feeling?

I'm browsing for fabric on ebay and trying to find a good deal, but I'll probably wait until we know the gender before buying (if it's a girl I want to play up Leia). And yes, there are always pictures! :haha:

Attachments

• 1233342_10154728141575058_889933876568970291_n.jpg
    1233342_10154728141575058_889933876568970291_n.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4
  • 1012462_10153394394400058_1635674765_n.jpg
    1012462_10153394394400058_1635674765_n.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 3
Kitteh - Love the pics!!! Especially that you've gotten your DD started at a young age :D Did you go with a Star wars theme nursery for her as well?
I feel the same as well. Some cramps, some boob soreness, some fatigue - but honestly they all could be pretty common place if I wasn't symptom spotting. The only new thing I've been hit by two waves of nausea over the past two days... but again I'm not 100% sure it's not psychosomatic. I never had morning sickness with DD so I don't really know what it's like lol.

Thank you! We went with a Lion King theme for her, and she still drags her Simba and Nala cubs everywhere. She's got a Frozen bedroom now, so I think she's going to be our Disney princess! :haha:

Do you have any geeky ambitions with this one?

Hopefully it's not the start of morning sickness! FX that you can escape it again! Did you have an easy pregnancy with her as well?

Krissy if you get morning sickness you'll know about it ;) Mine started about what you are now, almost 2 weeks before I did with DS. Can't help but track my symptoms and look back at what it was with DS :)

Welcome and congrats to you Kitteh_Kat, awesome costume. I loved Star Wars when I was young, still got loads of the original figures granted they look like they've been in battle. I did have them before I was 3!

We got diagnosed with IUGR at 24 weeks. Lucina was born Tuesday night via a surprise c-section at 36+4. Little tiny girl! 3lb 14oz! But she's a fighter. We're totally in love.

We got diagnosed with IUGR at 24 weeks. Lucina was born Tuesday night via a surprise c-section at 36+4. Little tiny girl! 3lb 14oz! But she's a fighter. We're totally in love.

Congratulations! Take things easy as much as you can to ensure your scar heals quickly and well, but most importantly enjoy your new baby girl. Good luck to you! :flower:

Ginger - CONGRATULATIONS :happydance: Welcome to the world little Lucina! Sorry things got a little crazy and unexpected for you at the end, but all's well that ends well. Make sure you all take care of each other and enjoy! And post pics when you can ;) Congrats Mommy :D!

AFM - After a few days of (admittedly, extremely light) spotting, I went in for an early ultrasound today. Totally worth it for the reassurance over the weekend. Everything looks good - got to see a nice gestational sac with a little yolk sac inside. We might have even seen the fetus, but it's set deep in my uterus so it was hard to get a clear picture since everything's still so small. RE was very happy with how things looked and I go in this coming Thursday to hopefully hear the heartbeat. I'll fully relax after we hit that milestone but I'm definitely feeling better already.
Oh, and I think I just had a few days of migraines, not morning sickness lol. The weather cleared up today and I feel MUCH better.

Kitteh - DD was a SUPER easy pregnancy except that she was big and a summer baby, so my legs were like giant sausages with the amount of water weight I put on lol. As for geeky ambitions, we'll probably stick with the same nursery we used for DD (yellows/primary colors/big cartoonish animals), and move her to a new room and let her design it. So far she's about 50/50 between Disney princesses (especially Cinderella and Anna) and super heroes (especially Superman) lol. But I'm actually hoping to sneak in a little Harry Potter, Star Wars, LotR, and Dr. Who exposure over the next year to see if she falls in love with anything.

Congrats on your little girl, Ginger! :flower:

missbabes - Thank you! :) And those are the best kind of action figures!

Krissy - I was the same at the end, phew the heat! That sounds adorable, I love the yellow themes. :) Good luck with the influencing, I bet that will be one amazing room if you are successful! I still haven't given up hope that JK will write some more books about the Wizarding World. :haha:

Hello!! I was wondering if I could join? Or if it's just for TTC/pregnancy? I'm not trying to get pregnant, but my daughter is about to turn a year old. I recently started coming back to BnB posting, and would like to find some like-minded mothers.

Penny - any and all are definitely welcome :D What kind of nerdy stuff are you into?

Oh goodness. I'm an avid reader of all sci-fantasy books, like Robert Jordan's wheel of time, any and all Anne bishop, Brandon Sanderson, and obviously classics like Harry potter and all Middle Earth books.
I'm a gamer, no first person shooters and no computer games. So lots of Diablo, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, the Arkham series etc
I've been playing Magic since the Lorwyn/Morningtide/Eventide/Shadowmoor set. Though I will always love the Alara set the most.
I've been playing dnd since 2007, and am the Dungeon Master of two weekly groups. And play in one more as a Dryad Druid (named Drycha ;))
I've worked at the Louisiana State Renaissance faire since 2005. It's in November if anyone is nearby!!
I'm EXTREMELY into Doctor Who and Sherlock. No supernatural
But if none of you have seen Dr Horrible, then you need to get on that train!
Thank god my daughter loves it too and we watch it every morning!
I'm a major language, mythology and science geek, and double major in Anthropology and Biology for linguistics and midwifery. I'm actually halfway through clinicals for my RN. I doula on the side, but haven't since Penny was born. I don't think I could offer all my time with a younger baby.

In this world: I've had started trying to conceive in 2008, we were NTNP for a year, then we started to worry....I had several chemical miscarriages, one 6 week one and one missed miscarriage at 14weeks.
I'm so grateful for my daughter after such a long journey. And can offer proof that miracles happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->