A day in A&E :-0

cosmotbear

Expecting number 2 :-)
Reaction score
I am shattered! My day as follows!!:

went to midwife at 11.00, all fine and she gave me a sweep. Said I'm 2cm (which is normal if you've already had a baby!) but cervix still thick. Baby right down now though. I left feeling a bit crampy and got home to find DH laid on the floor, unable to move having put his back out playing with DS! DS very good boy, was laid down next to Daddy pretending he had hurt his back too!
He'd already called an ambulance so they arrived, stretchered him off to A&E whilst I'm looking after DS, waiting for my mum and dad. Once they got him I then headed to hospital, trekking through car parks and corridors (only 45 mins after sweep!!).DH in loads of pain, on morphine. After hours on waiting, it seems he's lucky and hasn't slipped a disc so Ive managed to get him home! He's on liquid morphine and resting. Can't look after DS or drive!! Arrrgghhh!! If I go into labour tonight it might just have to be an ambulance!! I'm so lucky my parents are close by to take DS at least. I'm knackered!! And now have to get DS to bed, clean up kitchen and cook dinner as DH needs to rest and lay down for the forseeable. Great timing eh!!

:hugs: Not great timing at all! Dont worry about calling an ambulance though, least you'll get there in half the time - just looking on the bright side. Hope all goes to plan. x

a fun eventful day then, hope your parents can help out with ds for you to get some rest before labour starts.xx

Thats awful, don't these things pick their timings? i hope ur both ok and if u do go into labour in next few days ur hubby is well enough to go with you xx

Thanks ladies! Is it okay to call an amulance? Or a bit selfish? I'm not sure, do people call taxis? Hopefully we can get taken there by family but now I'm wondering what to do if not. What do you think?

I would call an amubulance, not to sure if a taxi would take you, and if your waters broke would they charge you for being out of service? That happened when my little sister was sick in a taxi after a kids party! Hope all goes well. xx

it depends on how far you are into labour tbh - if you think where else that ambulance might be being sent (heart attacks, accidents etc) and then just think sensibly :)

taxi's will take you if they know you're in labour (and you offer to take a towel to sit on or something)

if you're contracting fast I'd call the ambulance and not think twice about it (given it's a second option already, as your OH can't help), if you're managing OK I'd taxi it :)

just see at the time :)

the difficulty with the ambulance is that if your partner is still in visable distress with his back they may see you as 2 patients and not be able to take you in the same vehicle!

aw hun :hugs: I would call a taxi but would bring something to sit on just incase!! But if you really cant cope then I think an ambulance would be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->