A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Feeling very agitated today, keep snapping when OH touches my belly even thugh hes just trying to be comforting lol!

I just got my sweep done and have been having lower back pains ever since, which is really odd for me because I never get those thanks to my belly band. Hopefully that means it has worked for my, but we will see....

Grrr I can't sleep at all! Getting some very irregular painful contractions and it feels like baby is having a party in there. Hoping this means something is happening but who knows... Just wish I could sleep!

Due date is tomorrow! My Dr. still thinks I will go into labor on my own before I'm induced on Wednesday, but I'm not too sure. She checked me and I'm 2 cm dilated. Last week I was 1cm, so at least it's some progress.

Been having more braxton hicks, or what I think are braxton hicks, along with cramping/tightening in my lower back and menstrual like cramps.

Hoping this turns into something real soon!

Labor dust to all you ladies!!

Still here today! Anyone else checking in?

My toddler is pushing my patience, I think he knows I can't run after him anymore!

I'm still here. Due tomorrow officially. No signs at all still.

Slept better last night due to having such a full day yesterday and a rubbish night the day before.

I have to say I also can't stand to have DH touching my bump at night, he tries to sleep with his arm across my belly but I just can't stand the extra weight and have to move him. I feel mean doing it but it's really uncomfortable!

Oh my hubby does that! Or tries to cuddle up but is just leaning on me. I am very irritable generally at the moment though so he does get snapped at!

Another one who can't handle the extra weight on the bump, and definitely no touching allowed while I'm in full BH mode! And yes, I'm still here, just had an interesting mw appointment but will start new thread for that.

I'm still here and still no signs - very frustrating! I think the only thing that has happened is my grumpyness has rocketed and I can no longer hold a conversation without biting my partners head off!

My OH has also learnt not to touch my bump now as he just gets his hand pushed away and an evil from me (which I feel really mean for as he works away in the week so only comes home at the weekends).

Justjill that's really good that you are 2cm dilated though, hopefully your bambino is not too far off!

I've never been checked to see if I'm dilated or anything? Is that a normal thing or is it a UK/US difference?

Just about to leave for my sweepage - sad to see we're all still here! No miracles occured overnight then?

x

Hello girls good morning!

Im a bit grumpy today too. Expected/hoped that will start to get contractions from the sweep yesterday as i was having lots of cramps and losing bloody mucousy stuff. But it seems to have settled overnight. Barely feel anything special now :growlmad: Have another sweep saturday morning so we'll see.

midnightsun- good luck with sweep. keep us updated

lockandkey- :thumbup:

sooz- i knowww. i have been doing this, shoving off husband when he tries to get his arm around me , for so long now that the poor man knows better than to even try. I think they understand why though. As it is im moaning and groaning half the night each time i have to get to the toilet. Its just so uncomfortable getting up in bed even turning!

tuppance, scuffer all you ladies still waiting, labour dust to you.

I've never been checked to see if I'm dilated or anything? Is that a normal thing or is it a UK/US difference?

I thinks theres a lot of difference between places. With my daughter, we were in england, i was never checked for dilation till i went to hospital for being induced. But with this pregnancy, here in scotland midwifes check you from 40 weeks on and if you want they will give you a sweep which just might start something. With some people its enough to tip them off into labour.

The US may have lots of differences between places too.

second sweep today...no real change other than a bit softer up there...still only 1cm...induction for me on Sunday night.xx

second sweep today...no real change other than a bit softer up there...still only 1cm...induction for me on Sunday night.xx

oh well....at least your going to meet the baby very soon. good luck xx

Good luck Midnight Sun!

I was getting irregular mildly painful contractions all night... they stopped as soon as I got up. Was getting lots of strange twinges and backache/period pain all night too. Baby was going crazy and seems to have turned around (feeling kicks on the left now instead of right). Don't know what's going on!

nothing yet, maybe something will happen in the middle of the night, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't. I'm kinda used to being let down by now, which is really sad.

Made plans for this weekend, I'm going to be out a lot, I'm not going to let fear of embarrassment keep me home on my butt, and at this point I don't even care if my water breaks in public, I'm just that desperate to start it. That's when you know you've hit bottom :cry:

Well that was a lovely experince lol

Mw says that baby is so low down now no wonder I am uncomfortable. I am also 80% effaced and 3cm dilated!!!

She said she doesn't think there will be any need for induction at all, but if baby isn't here by Sunday she'll do another sweep in the morning.

Got pains at the month ... Fingers crossed!

Sorry am on my phone at mo! X

We've made plans for the weekend too, I'll be astonished if she turns up this weekend TBH. Got some plans for the garden and B&Q are doing free delivery so we'll get our decking ordered now. Guarantee I'll be in labour the day it is due to arrive. :haha:

The weird thing with the no touching is I actually long to be able to sleep cuddled up together at night but comfort demands we are at total opposite sides of the bed, zero contact. :cry:

Good luck to those of you with pains/sweeps today.

nope still here!! had a few cramps today but nothing thats really showing anything positive! glad your sweep went ok midnight!

I've TOLD oh we are having rapant sex tonight in hope it will start things off lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->