A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

I was due on the 18th May I am still here. I had a sweep last Wednesday had pains and bad backache but nothing come of them. I am planned to be induced on Monday. I'm hoping baby might be here by then but how things are looking I think it will be Monday. When my midwife did the sweep I was only 1 - 2cm and she had put a score of 5.

Hiya, I'm still here too! (40+3)
Had an unsuccessful sweep yesterday, DTD this morning and am about to go for a walk, but I don't think this baby wants to come out!

I don't believe it. My supposedly 4/5 engaged baby has managed to switch sides and is now kicking me in the left rather than the right. :dohh:

Sophisticat – sounds good that you might be on your way!

Justjill – that’s awesome progress! I wish I were 2 cm!

Sooz – my husband has had instructions not to put his arm across the bump or the ribs for months as it just feels so uncomfortable! I’ve been needing the cuddles too though! He puts his arm across my hip.

Pinkclaire – I think US checks a lot more. I was checked at 36 weeks (when they do our Group B Strep test) and they offer to check anytime after that. I was checked again at 38 and 40 weeks cause I was having cramps and wanted to know if I was making progress.

Midnightsun – Good Luck with the sweep! Still here! Wow! Sounds like you’re progressing nicely! At 3cm they can almost break your water if need be, right? Hopefully it wont come to another sweep or intervention and you’ll just go into labor any minute!

Jiya90 – sorry your signs went away, but maybe it was still helping you make some progress?

Ready2bamum – hopefully the second sweep will help!! If not good luck for Sunday! Still close!

LockandKey – I’ve been making weekend plans too! Going to go to a local lake! Thinking maybe if I make plans it’ll move him along! Happy Due Date to you!

Charlotteb24 – lol on the rapant sex! I don’t think I’m that desperate yet! (we have sex on the weekends every weekend, so we’ll probably still do It, but I don’t think it will help as my cervix just doesn’t seem ready yet!)

Debcraze4 – if nothing else good luck Monday! :thumbup: Not too far off!!!

Scoobymum – Good Luck with the eviction progress!

As for me, still nothing. My hips and back and knees ache. All my joints pretty much. Could it just be things loosening for birth? Some light cramping, but it’s not been productive in the past. What am I doing for my Due Date? Going to my Aunt’s funeral, so bummed. Still thinking this May baby will be a June.

Only just got in from my sisters where her cat was having kittens! Maybe it's an omen? Was lovely to see her puss cat laying there all happy purring and content with her babies suckling :kiss:

Anyway, what I would like to know is; how can I be 3cm and not have known? I have heard of people going to hospital with contractions and being just 1cm! Am I some kind of weirdo??

I am not going to lie, the sweep was not pleasant, but she said my breathing really helped and that I was very relaxed down there... can't be a bad thing surely?

She also wrote on my notes: p p - 2 to spines. What does that mean anyone?

x x

I don't believe it. My supposedly 4/5 engaged baby has managed to switch sides and is now kicking me in the left rather than the right. :dohh:

My baby did this last night! Usually get kicks on the top left hand side of my tummy, then last night I was feeling him on the lower left! As in, sticking his foot out and dragging it along (not sure how to describe that movement... I'm sure you know what I mean though hehe). :shrug:

I'm still here, no more contractions for me. I'm feeling so sorry for myself today, had a good cry and everything. I'm just so lonely and bored every day waiting for my OH to finish work or for something to happen in my tummy. I just want my mum for some company but my OH doesn't get along with her too well and doesn't want me to invite her down to stay. Feel really resentful towards him atm as we live so far away from family because of him in the first place, and he won't let me comfortably have family to stay without it creating an atmosphere. I'd rather just be lonely than live with that tension! :cry:

She also wrote on my notes: p p - 2 to spines. What does that mean anyone?

x x

That's really weird, is she an American midwife?! I'm pretty sure it means that the presenting part (head hopefully for you!) is at -2 station in relation to some bit of your pelvis... basically a different measurement of engagement.

No my lovely, she's as English as anything.

I saw spine and immediately panicked about baby being spine to spine, but that's wrong isn't it?

I still can't get over the fact that I am 3cm and didn't know it lol x

My baby did this last night! Usually get kicks on the top left hand side of my tummy, then last night I was feeling him on the lower left! As in, sticking his foot out and dragging it along (not sure how to describe that movement... I'm sure you know what I mean though hehe). :shrug:
:

I know exactly what you mean. I can also empathise with the lonely/bored situation. I just do not know what to do with myself most days now. I want LO here to keep me occupied & for some company!

Pleased to say she has moved back into the previous position. Hopefully she'll bleeding well stay there now!

Just when i thought that there was no hope for me, have started getting these painful tighteneings again. Have been getting some show when i wipe myself. Anyhow, going for another sweep tomorrow morning. And after that have a busy day planned as me and the husband are going to join some friends on a trip to an animal safari park. They offered to take my daughter but we decided otherwise. the husband said its probably better going along instead of sitting at home and waiting...he actually said i am hoping that you will go into labour naturally than being induced so that i can experience what its like waking up at 2 am and taking you hospital screaming in the backseat.

or something to that effect....:dohh:

Good luck to all you ladies still waiting.

Glad it's starting for you Jiya - I have just posted a thread (complete with photo lol) to ask if what I have lost is my show or not.

Am here on my own so the only people I can ask are you! x x

I think that looks very much like a show midnight. This is what i have been getting too since after the sweep. :thumbup: So given that your cervix is all good news im sure labour is round the corner:thumbup:

Checking in on the i havent had my baby register today. I feel super heavy compared to what i did last week, and where the hell did i read that 'at week 37 is the biggest you will get'
Good lukc jiya :)

lol sunday girl. The biggest that i got was actually when i was past my due date with my previous pregnancy. In the 10 days between my edd and induction date im sure i doubled. Thats the time that i got my first stretch marks too.

Just checking in....one fat, fed-up pregnant 24 year old with no baby.

Happy 'non' Due Date to me :haha:

Well im going in to be induced soon... I am so nervous yet soooooo excited.

I have had 3 sweeps and none worked.. Plus the baby is back to back..

Happy due date sooz!

Sunday girl - I seem to have grown more in the last couple of weeks than my entire pregnancy! Maybe that's why I've been so hungry all the time?!

Had bloody show this morning. I would like to congratulate my body for taking a step in the right direction! In the meantime, breakfast time for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->