A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Excitedgirl, I found the first bit when I wasnt in established labour the worst bit with my son, I am sure you will be fine! The other ladies are right, try to relax it will really help!

:hugs: to everyone with teasing signs, or no signs! I have been having irregular contractions for 5-6 days now ffs so annoying!

Thanks, it's just so frustrating not knowing if this is it! Ah well Im being induce in a matter of hours so hopefully it'll all be over soon. Have calmed down after spending a few hrs in the bath. xx

I'm here! due in 2 days! but i doubt that it will happen anytime soon though i would love it to as i'm now really uncomfortable!
Just posted a thread and the second i did i foind this one lol! talk about dunce!

Midnight sun....i had excrutiating pain/sensations in my bum and cervix last night....like something is burrowing..jabbing me in them...i honestly thought something was going to pop out of me last night felt so low...still nothing in the way of contractions...im living in hope that something could change.xx

I've been getting this too. It's horrible. I feel like the baby is trying to burrow her way out. It's horrible I can feel it in my lady bits and shooting pains up my bum! Baby is so low it's freaking me out. I have been having irregular contractions since Tue and lost my plug too, waters still in tact. Getting induced at 8pm tonight. Im shitting myself now. I cant believe how sore contractions are, Im probably not even 1cm dilated I feel like such a wussbag! I was going to go for a water birth but I raelly dont think I'll cope without some strong drugs! Scared!!!:cry:

Oh hun, please try and relax :hugs: the water might really help with the pains. You can have gas and air in the water too... How about nipping out today and getting yourself a tens machine?

It might be an idea to download an mp3 of some labour relaxation techniques today so that you can have a listen to them?

I know that if it weren't for my hypno relaxation techniques that I would be really worried about it all x x

Thanks hun. I have managed to calm myself down a bit. It's just a fear of the unknown I suppose. Had a lovely candelit clary sage bath all afternoon which has chilled me out a bit. Just going to start getting ready to go to hospital soon. Getting excited now. Good luck to for your labour :hugs: xx

Ah bless you, you sound so much calmer, I am glad.

Just think this time tomorrow night you'll have your little one in your arms :kiss:

Glad you found us Charlotte! I am due in 2 days as well ! x x

Midnight sun....i had excrutiating pain/sensations in my bum and cervix last night....like something is burrowing..jabbing me in them...i honestly thought something was going to pop out of me last night felt so low...still nothing in the way of contractions...im living in hope that something could change.xx

I had this yesterday evening when I went for a walk, it felt so strange as it wasn't a contraction just a stabby pain in my cervix so I had to give up walking :shrug: I'm hoping it means baby is on the move!

MidnightSun I was hoping to come online today to read you had had your bubbakins!

And excitedgal good luck with your induction, I'm sure you will be absolutely amazing! Try to remember breathing, to loosen jaw and attempt to relax (still not quite sure how the latter is meant to work!) Just think this time tomorrow you could be holding LO in your arms :)

Thanks hun, been practising my breathing techniques all afternoon. Think the breathing defo helps with the contractions. Had a lovely bath which has helped. Hope it's a quick night for me. Good luck with your labour when it comes xx

I am not looking forward to it as my MW said it will only work if it hurts basically!

I could not imagine my MW being a man lol... although having said that when I had an ectopic scare at 6 weeks my OB was a man and he did an internal where he put his hand up my vagina to feel my whole uterus to rule out a growth :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I can't imagine a sweep would hurt more than that lol

I am going to use my hypno techniques to try and relax hun... was it fairly quick?

Ouch a whole hand!

No it was over pretty quick, took maybe a minute. From what I've read it's less painful if your cervix is already ripening, so maybe that's why it wasn't so bad for me?! I was all ready to start practicing my breathing techniques (read the Marie Mongan book and been practicing that a bit) but I didn't need to in the end. I just talked to the receptionist (she came in to chaperone). I really have no shame lol.

Hahaha! I think self respect goes out the window with pregnancy doesn't it :haha:

My Natal Hypnotherapy hasn't really covered breathing techniques, apart from strong, smooth tummy breathing and very deep breathing with a loose jaw whilst baby is bearing down... should I be reading more do you think?

Glad to hear your sweep wasn't too bad for you love, I have been putting Starflower Capsules up my foof since week 37 so am hoping that might have softened things up there a bit... I hope!

Yep, his whole hand. He wasn't a big chap, but I am not huge down there ... he was very quick but my god it bloody hurt. I won't forget that in a hurry!

Hahaha! I think self respect goes out the window with pregnancy doesn't it :haha:

My Natal Hypnotherapy hasn't really covered breathing techniques, apart from strong, smooth tummy breathing and very deep breathing with a loose jaw whilst baby is bearing down... should I be reading more do you think?

Glad to hear your sweep wasn't too bad for you love, I have been putting Starflower Capsules up my foof since week 37 so am hoping that might have softened things up there a bit... I hope!

Yep, his whole hand. He wasn't a big chap, but I am not huge down there ... he was very quick but my god it bloody hurt. I won't forget that in a hurry!
Yikes! you poor love x

Edd today!! Was up for a few hours during the night, real nausea feeling and period pains, this morning only pain every now and again. Got midwife and a sweep at 3.45.

Good luck to everyone due today, or having sweeps!!

Xxx

So, 30mins after I posted this I dribbled after I peed!! Then again, it wouldn't stop!! Put a pad in, now soaked 3pads, going to midwife unit at 9 to get checked, but my mw this afternoon def confirmed it's my waters and I should start regular contracting soon!!! I'm bouncing on my ball as much ask can b4 going the mw unit, hopefully to get contractions going!!! If not mw said I'll b offered induction at 11 2moro. Am so excited!!!!!

Xxx

Edd today!! Was up for a few hours during the night, real nausea feeling and period pains, this morning only pain every now and again. Got midwife and a sweep at 3.45.

Xxx

So, 30mins after I posted this I dribbled after I peed!! Then again, it wouldn't stop!! Put a pad in, now soaked 3pads, going to midwife unit at 9 to get checked, but my mw this afternoon def confirmed it's my waters and I should start regular contracting soon!!! I'm bouncing on my ball as much ask can b4 going the mw unit, hopefully to get contractions going!!! If not mw said I'll b offered induction at 11 2moro. Am so excited!!!!!

Xxx

Ooooh how exciting!!

Xxx

Xxx

Ooooooohhh!!!! How fantabulous!

Good luck to everyone who's labour has kicked off!

I was told if your having a sweep the best thing to hope for is a MW with long fingers. :haha:

LOL

Sooz my MW is about 5 ft 10 and extremely slim... what do you reckon? :winkwink:

I reckon your in for a decent cervical bashing tomorrow :haha:

excitedgal - Good Luck! So exciting! I hope things go well and quick!!

scuffer - :hugs: I'm sorry you've been having a lonely day. I've been feeling extremely needy lately. I just want my husband around all the time, don't know what it is. Everyone's pretty close for me, but I only want my husband. LOL but I'm mad at him at the same time right now (long story). :hugs: I hope you get the comfort you need soon.

MTO84 - Good Luck! How exciting!

I thought my baby was pretty low and while I was out walking I had shooting pains in my lady parts where I had to stop. Got checked, fingertip dialated and he's still not engaged, just gets lower then higher still. I'm in it for the long haul I figure. June baby here I come!

Planning on going to a local lake this weekend cause I really want to be near water for some reason :shrug: My family wont take me 3 hours to the ocean for some reason :haha: so we're going to go 45 mintues away (probably better as I'm GBS + and need antibiotics if my water breaks). Due date is tomorrow, think it's going to come and go!

I was due 14th with my 3rd. I am being induced on saturday... Being given the induction date is the only thing that has kept me saine..

Ohh lucky things getting sweeps, they wont give me a sweep until 41 weeks :( had to book my next mw appt for a week today and i'm really hoping that i dont get that far! been taking 4 Evening primrose oil casules a day in hope it will ripen me off lol!

The norm here is 41 weeks hun, but because I have said no to induction she has said she will do it a week early :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->