A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Aww L&K :hugs:

It will happen for us... unless some of us are still here at Christmas time, and then I'll be a bit worried :haha:

The norm here is 41 weeks hun, but because I have said no to induction she has said she will do it a week early :flower:

Ooh i would also say no to induction if asked.. maybe she will do mine early too? chemical induction is something i really dont want! not unless its literally no other option.

hi girls. went to see mw for my first internal exam today. was really nervous. but she was lovely. said i was 2-3 cm dilated and cervix was 'softening nicely'. she then proceeded to give me a sweep which basically involved sticking her finger in there and whooshing it round and round. Painful, but consider what labour is, not too bad :wacko: she then asked me to go for a long walk and a nice cup of coffee with the husband. i am to go in again on the saturday for another sweep. and the worst case thing is induction on the 4th.

so after the sweep went for an hour long walk. since i got back have been losing plug and bits of blood. getting a crampy period feel too. fingers crossed! good luck to everyone getting sweeps or waiting for one xx

Charlotte I am very against it too... She didn't ask me, I broached the subject at about 36 weeks and she said that basically no-one can make me do anything that I didn't want to do etc, but I would be subject to daily monitoring.

One thing I did post a few pages back; she told me that obviously if it came to it and I had to be induced that I could have the pessaries, and if they didn't work they would break my waters... usually for a first time mum they put the IV up (hell no!) but she said for ladies that have already given birth (not me) they wait two hrs after breaking the waters to see what happens, and that I can request this if I like.

My MW was lovely about it all, and understood my reasons behind it.

hi girls. went to see mw for my first internal exam today. was really nervous. but she was lovely. said i was 2-3 cm dilated and cervix was 'softening nicely'. she then proceeded to give me a sweep which basically involved sticking her finger in there and whooshing it round and round. Painful, but consider what labour is, not too bad :wacko: she then asked me to go for a long walk and a nice cup of coffee with the husband. i am to go in again on the saturday for another sweep. and the worst case thing is induction on the 4th.

so after the sweep went for an hour long walk. since i got back have been losing plug and bits of blood. getting a crampy period feel too. fingers crossed! good luck to everyone getting sweeps or waiting for one xx

Awww.... fingers crossed my love! x x

Ohh lucky things getting sweeps, they wont give me a sweep until 41 weeks :( had to book my next mw appt for a week today and i'm really hoping that i dont get that far! been taking 4 Evening primrose oil casules a day in hope it will ripen me off lol!

charlotte, im taking 1 epo 1000mg a day. one thing that i noticed is that they have vitamin E in them. pregnant women can only take vitamin e in small amounts as it can be dangerous to the baby. it could be wise to check out the epo thread on this forum just to be sure you are not overdosing.

@midnightsun

good luck with yours tomorrow. it is tomorrow isnt it?

Ohh lucky things getting sweeps, they wont give me a sweep until 41 weeks :( had to book my next mw appt for a week today and i'm really hoping that i dont get that far! been taking 4 Evening primrose oil casules a day in hope it will ripen me off lol!

charlotte, im taking 1 epo 1000mg a day. one thing that i noticed is that they have vitamin E in them. pregnant women can only take vitamin e in small amounts as it can be dangerous to the baby. it could be wise to check out the epo thread on this forum just to be sure you are not overdosing.

I noticed that earlier on today when i took the 2nd one at my parents, i shall check now, thanks for pointing that out to me also!

Midnightsun - Thanks for the information, if i get to a week today and still no baby i shall discuss my concerns with the midwife as i really don't like the sound of a chemical induction, i didn't when i was pregnant with my first either! however im praying it wont come to that! of either of us lol!

Still can't believe due date is tomorrow!! :shock: Seems like I've waited forever, but where has the time gone? I think 3rd tri has been the longest!!

Still can't believe due date is tomorrow!! :shock: Seems like I've waited forever, but where has the time gone? I think 3rd tri has been the longest!!

i know! especially this last month. cant wait to move on to the next leg of things

Jiya yes it is hun... feeling a little nervous about it now. Had a bath, lady bits all neat and tidy :wacko:

Charlotte really hope your MW is as understanding as mine - I have also been taking EPO orally but 500mg which has 10mg Vit E and then putting SFO 1000mg (also 10mg Vit E) up my foof... really hoping all of that makes a difference tomorrow for my sweepage! 'Yes Claire, I can feel you're 90% effaced and 9cm dialated!!' :haha:

Spunky no signs yet?? x

Jiya yes it is hun... feeling a little nervous about it now. Had a bath, lady bits all neat and tidy :wacko:

well dont be nervous at all. especially as you have a nice mw. hope shes got good news to give you about your cervix. but even if its not great you still have a while. oh and my mw said, lots of hot baths with nipple stimulation for about 30 minutes.!:dohh:

LOL, I gave the lady bits their trim already too. Got a regular haircut, my legs are all smooth. Ready to go!

No signs :( A tiny bit of spotting from my internal yesterday, but nothing moving along. I'm a fingertip dialated, they said they'd see me next week at 40+5 :winkwink:

Fingers crossed it will hun!! ive only been taking epo for about 4 days as i didn't know it had potential to be effective in pregnancy so probably wont do much but heres hoping!!

Nipple stimulation for 30 mins?! :wacko:

I had heard somewhere that a tens can bring on contractions... hmmm....

Yes, here's hoping it's all okay... who knows, by tomorrow morning we could potentially all be over in baby club lol

I've tried the TENS, did squat for me except pee me off with its buzzy sensation.

lol we live on hope. just lost an enormous bit of plug like a minute ago. tmi i know! now off to :sleep: gnight every1

Time for bed for me too.... here's hoping for some news from some of you in the morning!!

:baby:

Nighty night x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"