A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Have a lovely day Scuffer. Nothing more for me since yesterday when I posted, DH wants to go back to B&Q today but given the weather....I don't know if there is much point. I need to get supplies to bake for my NCT ladies coming for coffee tomorrow morning.

Maybe baking will get things moving?! We did homemade pizzas and a banoffi pie for lunch, it was delicious. No sign of my baby making any moves, was lovely to have company though.

I'm not due until the 3rd but was really thinking/hoping I'd have him by now since all my girls were early. Been getting teased A LOT the last few days but it never turned into the real deal. Was on my feet all day Saturday but nothing....
I'm hoping that we will all be having our babies very soon as I am READY to hold him in my arms now.... :)

I hope he makes an appearance soon x

Feeling shattered this morning as had a pretty bad evening and barely got a few hours sleep in the night. Started to have some pretty painful backache yesterday evening. Took a hot water bottle to bed about 12 and got a few hours sleep. Then been up since four with contractions. The baby seems to be moving around rather violently and just kept waking me up.

But the one good thing i think has happened is that he has probably turned from back to back to the normal position. Because since he woke me up in the wee hours, i can feel that my belly button is poking out again plus the awful grinding backache is getting to feel like a more normal back to front contraction. A very irregular one thats completely stopped now :wacko: Oh baby please just come out by tonight :thumbup:

It sounds promising, fingers crossed for you x

scuffer- getting on OK! I was startled to find baby crawling last night?? she is only 9 days old! Getting the hang of breast feeding and not feeling too sleep deprived. Don't want OH to go back to work tomorrow though :(

Have a great day! Hopefully your little one will arrive in the most inconvenient time during your lunch :)

he didn't come during lunch! I've got pretty bad backache but I think that was from a busy day yesterday. It's amazing how much they can wriggle even as newborns! It'll be odd when your OH goes back to work but you'll be fine :hugs:

Congratulations to all the ladies who have had their babies!!!

I'm still here (40+6) and have my 2nd sweep tomorrow, I'm starting to worry that I've imagined the whole pregnancy and it's just a massive case of wind!! lol

Good luck to every one still waiting x x x

I was just saying the same to my sister, it's just wind that wriggles about!

Still here too :( getting very disheartened now, just want it over with, fed up of everyone asking questions!!

Congrats to all who have had their little ones in the past few days :) xx

Nearly there, refuse to answer any baby related questions until they arrive!

well it's 4 am, I woke up about a half hour ago for a major clear out, and have my show too, getting strong contractions with lots of added pressure. I'm currently timing them as well. Yup I think I'm in early labor :happydance:

That's great news, good luck! :hugs:

is anyone else getting really bad shooting pains up them? its usually when baby moves so he must be hitting a nerve or something :(
so much wriggling going on, im sure i just heard something squelch in there haha!

TMI probably (most things seem to be during pregnancy) but seemed to have a case of the runs this morning, and on 3 hours sleep i dont feel all too healthy today.

I've been getting shooting pains into my pelvis and the mw said its the baby wriggling it's head down into my pelvis, I hope you manage some sleep x

My NCT ladies seem to be dropping out one by one....because they are having their babies. Early. I am starting to seriously go off them. :haha:

My NCT ladies seem to be dropping out one by one....because they are having their babies. Early. I am starting to seriously go off them. :haha:

:haha:

Well if there are none left tomorrow I am always available to eat cake!

I am exhausted today, that's the problem with all this keeping busy, I can't go into labour, I haven't got the energy! :dohh:

I know exactly how you feel! I was the first due and now there are only me and one other lady left to drop - I am not impressed!

Congratulations to all the ladies that have had their babies!

Lockandkey - good luck, I hope the next post I read of yours will be your birth story :thumbup:

Hope all the ladies that are left are doing well and you haven't gone slightly mental with all the waiting! :hugs:

Congratulations to everyone who's had their babies! Still waiting to hear from Midnight Sun though, hope everything went well for her.

Hope things are progressing nicely for you too L&K!

I'm enjoying having my mum here, company is good and she gives lovely massages :D she keeps doing my dishes too which I can't complain about!. We were going swimming this morning but ee got there and it was shut!

As for labour signs I've given up hope for a May baby but the 3 bloody shows today hopefuly means things are happening soon. I've been going to the toilet all day today and yesterday too, its driving me a bit batty. I thought you were meant to be getting diarrhoea at this stage but I seem to be getting the opposite?!

I am exhausted today, that's the problem with all this keeping busy, I can't go into labour, I haven't got the energy! :dohh:

Hun, I'd be more than happy to have you over, I'm trying to stock up on local mummy friends! That said, you've not seen the cakes....that may change your mind. When the box said 'mini cakes' I didn't think they were that literal. :blush:

On another note, even my neighbours have just been round to see if the baby is here yet. :dohh:

Hun, I'd be more than happy to have you over, I'm trying to stock up on local mummy friends! That said, you've not seen the cakes....that may change your mind. When the box said 'mini cakes' I didn't think they were that literal. :blush:

On another note, even my neighbours have just been round to see if the baby is here yet. :dohh:

We'll have to arrange to meet up, I won't impose this week, especially while I have a 12 year old in tow!! I'm still relatively new to Sheffield so it'll be lovely to meet some new people.

Your neighbours popping round to check made me laugh, I hope you warned them they'll hear the baby!

I wonder how Midnightsun is getting on, I hope she's having an OK time and getting the natural birth she wanted.

you know what...I was DESPERATE to not go overdue, and I have no idea why!!! Baby ended up being a bit early and this week has been EXHAUSTING. Baby had mild jaundice so I spent a night in hospital while she had UV light therapy, I havent slept longer than 3 hours in a row, my hormones are all over the place etc......and she could have quite happily stayed inside for weeks!

you know what...I was DESPERATE to not go overdue, and I have no idea why!!! Baby ended up being a bit early and this week has been EXHAUSTING. Baby had mild jaundice so I spent a night in hospital while she had UV light therapy, I havent slept longer than 3 hours in a row, my hormones are all over the place etc......and she could have quite happily stayed inside for weeks!

It does sometimes feel easier when they're inside! I think this is why I'm not in a rush for the baby to arrive.

I am still completely exhausted, have finally got the kids off to bed and I'm ready to follow and it's not even 8.30pm. I have got terrible lower back pain and lots of strong BH but I don't think it's anything other than over doing it and tiredness.

Time to settle down with banoffi pie, cuddles with my OH and series 6 of 24!

:hugs:

I agree Jessica, I remember feeling like that with my first!

We'll I'm still here! What happened with Midnight in the end? Did she go into labour naturally or did she have to get induced?

Sounds promising for some ladies!

Jessica - sorry you're exhausted! So exciting you have your girl though!

Nothing for me. Still a backache, no cramps. Made hubby clean house with me. Doesn't feel like nesting. Just seemed like we're not going to have time after work this week and if he helps me I wont be doing everything while he's at work. Seeing the doctor Wednesday to talk induction. Don't really want one though, but starting to be really uncomfortable.

Anyone else feel really emotional? I've been more teary in the last couple of weeks. Not so much the last couple of days... but definitely more so lately!

Just to let you know that Rose Eleanor Claire arrived on May 29th at 8.29am weighing 6lb 15.

Birth story and photos to follow x x

Congratulations again Midnight! :) Send me some of that labor dust LOL

How is everybody doing this morning? Any babies over night?

So today is the last day of May. We all better get busy having these babies!!! I do really want a May baby as I was born in May... So, bring on the contractions!!! :)

Congratulations midnight! Well I'm officially overdue, I went into labour at +1 with James and had him at +3 so I'm fine until then and then I'll start getting impatient!

Spunky, yes I've been very emotional, like you not so much now but a couple of days ago for a few days!

We'll have to arrange to meet up, I won't impose this week, especially while I have a 12 year old in tow!! I'm still relatively new to Sheffield so it'll be lovely to meet some new people.

Your neighbours popping round to check made me laugh, I hope you warned them they'll hear the baby!

I wonder how Midnightsun is getting on, I hope she's having an OK time and getting the natural birth she wanted.

That would be great! Even though I have lived here for 6 years I have to admit I still don't have a very wide social network and it's got even harder since we moved across the city, as everyone I did know lives on the other side!

Congratulations Midnight Sun. :happydance:

I've had these weird are they/aren't they contractions during the night. Really, really infrequent and mostly set off by me turning over or getting up to pee....my bump goes tight and is accompanied by excruciating period pains, the type that would normally have me reaching for the paracetamol but they are at least half an hour apart if not more, any idea what they are? They are not as tight as the pains from Sunday but hurt way more....one is just starting now.

My plan for the day is 'keep calm and carry on'. :thumbup:

no news here, still very much preggo, and hit 41 weeks today blAhhhhh lol x

Anyone else feel really emotional? I've been more teary in the last couple of weeks. Not so much the last couple of days... but definitely more so lately!

I was a little over emotional around my due date but am better now. I still cry easily at sad things though!

Just to let you know that Rose Eleanor Claire arrived on May 29th at 8.29am weighing 6lb 15.

Birth story and photos to follow x x

Congratulations! I can't wait to read your story and see the photos.

:happydance:

Happy end of May everyone! I wonder if any babies will squeeze in, or rather out, before midnight? My back is better today so it must have just been over doing it on Sunday. A day out with my boys is in order I think, the weather looks good too.

Good morning May mummies, I hope your all doing well!

MidnightSun - congratulatons again!

I wonder how lockandkey is doing ...

Spunky - ever since going overdue I have been really really moody and emotional, I don't think my OH knows what has happened to me poor bloke.

Sooz - I was getting those pains all last night, but they were really irregular and now they have completely stopped. I just feel really sick all the time - have no clue what they are though :shrug:

I have my first sweep today so I am slightly nervous about what they will do, and that the MW will tell me I'm not at all dilated and STILL not engaged and that LO is just floating merrily around.

Wild2011, Spunky, Sooz, Scuffer, Pinkclaire, Jiya90, Sunday_girl and Sophisticat; I hope today sees you all pop your sprogs, and Jessicax5 you manage to get your May baby :)

I have my first sweep today so I am slightly nervous about what they will do, and that the MW will tell me I'm not at all dilated and STILL not engaged and that LO is just floating merrily around.

Wild2011, Spunky, Sooz, Scuffer, Pinkclaire, Jiya90, Sunday_girl and Sophisticat; I hope today sees you all pop your sprogs, and Jessicax5 you manage to get your May baby :)

I hope the sweep goes OK and it gets things moving for you!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->