A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Yes- best of luck for tomorrow sundaygirl. Looking forward to seeing your announcement pop up! Fingers crossed they will let you use the pool? This is my number 1 reason for wanting to avoid induction but at this stage I really must say que se ra se ra (or however you spell it! ) Wishing you all a restless contraction filled night ;-) x

Yeah im going in at 9.30 tomorrow, so leaving in about 7 hours! I know im not keeping my fingers crossed or anything but it will be such a better experience if they do. Getting strapped to a bed in this heat will turn me into a right cranky bitch haha. Thanks girls, best of luck to you all too!

Oh hun, sending you huge congratulations! What a whopper!

Beautiful game though lovely, hope little one is doing well.

Such a shame that you have torn so badly, my Rose was only 6lb 15 and I have second degree tears internally.

Looking forward to seeing you in Baby Club hun, and hope they don't keep you in too long as there's nothing like your own bed x x.

Thanks. I was gutted about the tear as laboured on just Entonox and then had to have a spinal in theatre for the repairs. On so many drugs now I virtually rattle, but we're home and OK and that is the main thing.

MW has been round and they are happy with her weight and BFing is established.

Well done Sooz! Il be looking out for birth story. 6 hours is very impressive!
Ouch, 3rd degree tear. I didn't tear but was cut and only advice is don't let yourself get constipated!

Thank you, I hope to get it up in the next few days. It's just so hard to find the time now. I'm on plenty of drugs to keep the pain away, swelling down and poo flowing. I only dared look at tha damage today and it doesn't look too bad but MW said most of it is inside. :wacko:

It means I have to have my 6 week check at the hospital and also a consultant appointment at the trauma clinic in September.

I really hope those of you who are still waiting are on the final stretch, I was so frustrated at only being 3 days over, but then when it happened it was all so fast it left me a bit shell-shocked, I've only really got used to everything the last two days. I was moving in a dream world from Tuesday onwards.

Good luck sunday_girl! I hope it all goes / is going well for you!

Everyone else who hasn't had their babies :growlmad: where are they?!

x

Tuppance I'm still here. 9 days overdue and depressed. Have an appointment tomorrow I was hoping to not have because I would have a baby or be in labor, starting to think I'll make the appointment though. I dont' want an induction, but I want to be done. I've been very patient waiting for this little boy! He needs to get the hint and get out so I can meet him and count his toes! And see what color hair he has! (we have redheads, blondes, and brunettes in the family! He could be anything!)

Yesterday went for a walk, had sex, made "Jump start your labor cookies" and ate a ton, went for a drive on a bumpy road. He just doesn't want to come out. :cry: :cry:

Hope Sunday Girl is having an easy birth!

Good to see all the May Mommies still visitng! Jessica! Don't leave us here! You don't have to move on until all the May mommies have had their babies! :winkwink: Sorry about the tears Jessica and Sooz, I hope you heal quicker. I am so worried about tearing!

Does this make 3 of us left now?

I'm still hanging around like a loser, I don't like baby club..will wait until more of you lot appear in it!!

Look.....I have changed my picture! First time since I started B&B. Eeeek! Cant believe she is all mine!

I saw the midwife again today and on going through the notes apparently I DID get a second degree tear as well as having the episiotomy! I don't quite know where I tore though, doesn't say. Its feeling better today anyway, going to take longer to heal as the top layer of stitches burst.
I am taking fibergel to help soften my stool as it friggin hurts every time I go and I discovered I do indeed have a solitary hemroid. Oh the delights of bringing a small person into this world!

On a plus....baby is sleeping better so I am feeling great. Boobs and nipples don't hurt at all (I really suggest you all buy some 'lansinoh nipple cream', brilliant stuff!) and I am enjoying eating whatever I want and still seem to be losing weight!

That's a lovely new avatar pic! Wow! The after effects of bringing a baby into the world do sound difficult. Our lactation consultants said no to the nipple cream, bought some anyways! Glad to hear breastfeeding is going well and that Tabitha is sleeping so well! Congrats! :thumbup:

Yesterday went for a walk, had sex, made "Jump start your labor cookies" and ate a ton, went for a drive on a bumpy road. He just doesn't want to come out. :cry: :cry:

What's jump start your labour cookies? They sound promising!

I keep on eating my body weight in chocolate / biscuits / bread (which is something that I never do) very annoying! At this rate I'm going to double the amount I've put on during the whole pregnancy in two weeks!

Are you finding it really hard to concentrate on anything? I go to watch a film or read and all I can think about is being overdue and when labour is going to decide to come and visit! Ack. Could literally scream!

All I can do is send you massive :hugs: and hopefully the dr will tell you tomorrow that your in fact 4cm dilated and baby is ready to pop out and say hello!

I saw the midwife again today and on going through the notes apparently I DID get a second degree tear as well as having the episiotomy! I don't quite know where I tore though, doesn't say. Its feeling better today anyway, going to take longer to heal as the top layer of stitches burst.
I am taking fibergel to help soften my stool as it friggin hurts every time I go and I discovered I do indeed have a solitary hemroid.

I was on fibergel at the hospital, horrid stuff, but also lactulose which they have sent me home with. I still think I am glad to have torn rather than have an episiotomy, at the time I wasn't aware I was tearing, it was only when they examined me.... and I think I puffed more Entonox for that than when she was crowning!

Good luck Sunday Girl, we're all thinking of you lovely!

Sooz I adore your profile picture, yours too Jessica - so nice to see your little ladies after all this time waiting for them.

I have just had yet another tea tree, lavender and milk bath and was brave enough to have a feel 'down there' ... I had been told the stitches were all the way up the posterior wall, but turns out they actually come right out at the bottom too, although I don't have a perineal tear (I am still giving thanks to the perineal massage for that!)...

Jessica that dragging feeling is bloody awful isn't it! I literally feel so much pressure down there everywhere it's like I have a brick up my bum and a brick up my foof! It really does feel like my fanny is going to fall off and my bowel fall out of my bum!

What's worse is that I can't take Codiene either, so am just stuck with Paracetamol and Ibuprofen which aren't much help a lot of the time really.

I have noticed a difference since I have been taking some homeopathic remedies though; Arnica, Bellis Perennis, Calendula and Hypericum (all 200c) all of which are meant to help with trauma after birth and a couple of them are great for people with stitches and tears or who have had forceps etc.

On a plus note I put Rose in her first cloth nappy today :thumbup: so adorable I could eat her!

Come on May Mummies, get those babies out!!

I'm still here! Really fed up now, by my LMP I am now 15 days overdue, but 6 by scan date, I feel like I've been pregnant forever! I have never wished for pain so much in my whole life! Have absolutely no signs at all which is crap!

Lovely to see all the babies hopefully we'll all be there soon!

I'm still here! Really fed up now, by my LMP I am now 15 days overdue, but 6 by scan date, I feel like I've been pregnant forever! I have never wished for pain so much in my whole life! Have absolutely no signs at all which is crap!

Lovely to see all the babies hopefully we'll all be there soon!

Yay! (but not yay for you) at there being more may mums! I know exactly what you mean; I keep on wishing for the old labour pain and have started getting really jealous reading about people who were in said pain! Has your MW spoken to you about induction yet or do you think you will try and go naturally?

No signs here either ... Baby isn't even properly engaged argh! :dohh:

Well, my May baby turned into a June baby, just as expected! I was induced on the 1st and baby Madison was born at 7:14pm and weighed 7lbs 11oz! I just posted my birth story over in the announcements section!

Hopefully it's not too much longer for all you girls!! Hang in there and sleep while you still can!!

Tuppence and pinkclaire I'm still here too. Grrrr!! Really felt fed up today. Will be 1 wk over tomorrow, been trying my midwife to get a sweep for the last 3 days but no joy. Fingers crossed I can get one from someone tomorrow?! Good luck ladies and hopefully we'll all see our little ones v soon xx

Ps Congrats justjill- great news! How was the induction? I'm a bit worried that's what I'll end up having?! X

I have an appointment on weds and know it will be discussed then so I need to decide what I'm doing by then. I have declined sweeps so far, but think I'm going to have to have one weds as I would prefer to try that before induction. *sigh* I really didn't think I would have to be considering this stuff!

I feel so depressed seeing all the birth announcements and I'm I'm labour threads in third tri, I think they should be banned for the next week :haha:
Congrats justjill!!

Ps Congrats justjill- great news! How was the induction? I'm a bit worried that's what I'll end up having?! X

The induction was fine! I'd def do it again if I was overdue and couldn't stand it anymore. I got pitocin to start contractions and got my epidural before I really even felt any of the contractions. I went in to the hospital at 7:30am and by 7:14pm my baby was born!

Hopefully your induction goes well too if you end up having one :)

I'm still here too! 40 +12 DAYS!!!!! Have 1 day left to make it happen or it's induction on Tuesday. Beyond caring now I'm afraid. Just want my baby x Good Luck to everyone still waiting x

Oh wow, congratulations justjill! Your little lady is gorgeous! Glad you are both doing well :thumbup:

Tuppance- you're still here? Couldn't find the May threads earlier and panicked you'd all gone! Any signs? What's the plan for you now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->