A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Congratulations tuppance!

Omg the afterpains were worse than my labour this time! They only last three days though but terrible at the time!
Second time definitely was easier on my body, but I didn't get any stretches with James and my tummy is covered this time. Mind you she was nearly two pound heavier :haha: my tummy is nearly back but like you guys said it needs toning but I feel so depressed about the stretches :dohh:

I have been seen by the HV 3 times (one this morning) midwife 3 times also (they are very good in Cambridge with these visits) but now I have been discharged as I am coping well. Tabby has gone from 6 lb 8 (she lost a tiny bit) to 8 lb 9 in 3 weeks!! Midwife is very impressed!

Lovely weather today, I think I may lay spread eagle out in the garden and try and get some colour on these bleached limbs!

Pinkclaire, I swear they get stronger with each baby! My Mum had 4 babies and still winces at the thought of afterpains.

I have been seen by the HV 3 times (one this morning) midwife 3 times also (they are very good in Cambridge with these visits) but now I have been discharged as I am coping well. Tabby has gone from 6 lb 8 (she lost a tiny bit) to 8 lb 9 in 3 weeks!! Midwife is very impressed!

Lovely weather today, I think I may lay spread eagle out in the garden and try and get some colour on these bleached limbs!

You're both doing so well Jessica. We're about to go out into the garden too, it's lovely out.

I saw the midwife yesterday and they're really happy with Wilf's weight gain, my uterus appears to be back where it should be. I've been having some dizzy spells that don't appear to be food related so they're just doing blood tests for anaemia but that's all. HV is due at midday, I'm hoping she's nice.

Scuff- maybe just take an iron supplement regardless of iron levels will help? I am still taking supplements such as a multi vitamin, a omega fish oil (really important for baby's IQ) and an iron liquid called Feroglobin. I was super healthy during pregnancy so want to keep up the good work throughout breast feeding too. I am finding it difficult to stay hydrated though...I have always struggled to drink enough! Keep having to remind myself and then down a pint of water!

My uterus hasn't been checked yet, but with the strength of my contractions I presume it has shrunk back quite quickly.

I have a lot of pride over producing a lot of milk. Such a funny thing to be proud of! I just love that my little girl is growing so fast and its all down to feeding off me. Sounds rather parasitic!

Scuff- maybe just take an iron supplement regardless of iron levels will help? I am still taking supplements such as a multi vitamin, a omega fish oil (really important for baby's IQ) and an iron liquid called Feroglobin. I was super healthy during pregnancy so want to keep up the good work throughout breast feeding too. I am finding it difficult to stay hydrated though...I have always struggled to drink enough! Keep having to remind myself and then down a pint of water!

My uterus hasn't been checked yet, but with the strength of my contractions I presume it has shrunk back quite quickly.

I have a lot of pride over producing a lot of milk. Such a funny thing to be proud of! I just love that my little girl is growing so fast and its all down to feeding off me. Sounds rather parasitic!

I feel proud too, it's a very satisfying thing.

I feel like I now want to be even more healthy, it's weird but when I was pregnant I would have the occasional burger and I cannot bring myself to do that now, it feels wrong to sit bf with a gob full of junk food!

I am constantly thirsty at the moment, but always have a pint of water by my side or a litre bottle of water if out. I'm usually rubbish at keeping hydrated but I am so thirsty.

I'm really proud as well Jessica, its a really good feeling BF your child when it starts getting established! I've found it so much easier this time around as well. She's already put on 5oz when I had her weighed yesterday!

Scuffer- that's helped me make my mind up about no more kids then! :haha:

Jessica - I am on a million and one laxatives prescribed by the hospital, I end up having to wobble-run to the toilet on regular occasions. I refuse to go out in public until I have stopped taking them as I dread to think what could happen!

Does anyone know if laxatives can transfer through the breast milk? Ru-Bear seems to get the most awful wind / runny poo bless him and I'm just wondering if it's got anything to do with that.

I haven't felt any contractions of my uterus tightening; getting slightly worried that I'm going to look five months pregnant forever! I had to have a drip to release the hormone that makes the uterus start to contract because of a hormone they used in my labour (I think), did anyone else have this?

Also completely agree with you all, BF is so satisfying. I love the fact my little one can get all the nourishment he needs from me, but like you Scuffer have got really picky about the things I eat (more so than before).

Really glad your all doing well. I am now just wondering when babies start to realise the night is for sleeping ...!

I'm really proud as well Jessica, its a really good feeling BF your child when it starts getting established! I've found it so much easier this time around as well. She's already put on 5oz when I had her weighed yesterday!

Scuffer- that's helped me make my mind up about no more kids then! :haha:

She's doing really well. Sorry about sealing the no more kids thing, it's weird as you forget the labour pains (I think) but not the after pains! My Mum said she hated them because you don't get a lovely baby at the end but at least it is your stomach making some sort of effort to go back.

Jessica - I am on a million and one laxatives prescribed by the hospital, I end up having to wobble-run to the toilet on regular occasions. I refuse to go out in public until I have stopped taking them as I dread to think what could happen!

Does anyone know if laxatives can transfer through the breast milk? Ru-Bear seems to get the most awful wind / runny poo bless him and I'm just wondering if it's got anything to do with that.

I haven't felt any contractions of my uterus tightening; getting slightly worried that I'm going to look five months pregnant forever! I had to have a drip to release the hormone that makes the uterus start to contract because of a hormone they used in my labour (I think), did anyone else have this?

Also completely agree with you all, BF is so satisfying. I love the fact my little one can get all the nourishment he needs from me, but like you Scuffer have got really picky about the things I eat (more so than before).

Really glad your all doing well. I am now just wondering when babies start to realise the night is for sleeping ...!

I don't know if they do transfer but Wilfred has very runny poo and is a big fartbag so I think it's just normal.

I didn't get as bad after pains with my first so it may just be that or the hormone could have had an impact. It does take a while to get your stomach down so don't worry just yet.

The eating thing is weird, when I was pregnant I felt like my body would somehow filter out the food so he only got the good stuff but now I'm bf I feel like I have to be really careful! :dohh: Which is no bad thing I suppose, I could do with it too. We were stuck out somewhere the other day and the baby was desperate for a feed and we hadn't had lunch and all there was to eat was McDs. I couldn't bring myself to stop there, as the thought of eating it while feeding was too awful and I simply could not let my 20 month old have it! We ended up driving another 10 minutes with a crying baby to find something more suitable, poor lamb.

Tuppance, I meant to say about the night time, they do get it but it's worth teaching them too by behaving differently at night time, so keep the lights low and don't talk to them at night (this can feel a bit weird) but if you are sort of colder towards them at night they realise it's not a time for playing and should get the idea!

We really should now create a May mummies and babies group! I love chatting you you all and having babies all so close in age is really useful as we are all going through the same experiences.

We really should now create a May mummies and babies group! I love chatting you you all and having babies all so close in age is really useful as we are all going through the same experiences.

:thumbup:

Tuppence I think it's pretty normal for them to be windy and poo to be runny! They gulp down a lot if air and what doesn't come up goes down lol.

It took my James 6 months to sleep through the night (well close enough!) but your body does start to adapt to it better I promise!

P farts constantly when she poops, doing her nappy last night we had an explosion of wind propelled poo about 5 times before I could actually take the dirty nappy away and then she did another one as soon as I got the new one on! :dohh:

She hardly ever spits up though, last night is only the second time she has been sick after a feed and it was the first time she'd had a go on both boobs one after another. Little fatty over-filled herself.

Another one proud of their milk production here, though am not sure being able to pump off a full 4-5oz in 10-15 minutes is going to help regulate my milk supply but sometimes I need it just to get comfortable and so P can latch.

lol. Ive now learnt not to change nappy directly after hearing a squelchy fart noise as undoubtedly there will be a projectile explosion the second I lift her legs up to change her. Its the fine balance between not wasting multiple nappies in haste to change vs not allowing nappy rash to set in!

Congrats tuppance! Can't believe you did without many drugs!

Hey! I think I might be starting to feel human again. I've had a couple good days of tears. I just feel ruined with my tear. It hurts, not a lot, but enough to remind me how horrible birth was. I feel like I'll never be the same, but slowly things are getting better...

My tummy is almost back to normal. It still feels different, but at least the size has gone down. As of this morning, 6 days since birth, I've lost 20 of the 23 lbs I gained! My engorgement is mostly over, they're not hard as rocks and have almost stopped bleeding (ugh, we got some good tips and I don't dread BF anymore). I too find it quite satisfying that I can not only grow a person but nourish them outside my body too. My rash from the penicillin (GBS postitive) is almost gone!

LOL, not sure I'm ready to move onto the baby club thread, but I'd love to stay with you ladies!

Spunky- get some lansinoh nipple cream, fantastic stuff. Well done with the weight loss! And I'm really glad your rash is subsiding. I think it's normal for new mums to have glum and teary days...it doesn't help when you are tired, hormonal and in pain either! I'm getting past the crying stage, but still very upset by the horrendous job they did of my stitching. Im almost a month post partum, and still in pain from my cut :( I'm a healthy girl and I heal fast normally which makes me think the job they did must have been really poor for it to take so long!!

So glad to hear all our babies are well... just us that needs to get back to normal now!

I am still feeling really heavy with lots of pressure down there. I have convinced myself I have a prolapse :blush: I also have a HUGE skin tag (although it's hard, so maybe not just skin?) right at the bottom of my vagina that hangs out of my inner labia slightly and is bloody uncomfortable. I know I will have to have something done about it as there's no way I can ever have shenanigans with that there :nope: Just gutted I will have to have stitches etc and almost be back to square one.

Rose is doing well at on day 17 (yesterday) she was weighed by the HV and is now 8lb 3oz! We do have a little bit of a spit up/reflux problem though and are seeing the Dr next week, although she's putting on weight so I am not that concerned.

Anyway, first bath today as have just been topping and tailing... she loved it!

Attachments

• P1010891.jpg
    P1010891.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010892.jpg
    P1010892.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
Love the strategically placed sponge! We've been bathing P every other day since birth but she's cried every time except for yesterday, when she was too busy trying to climb over the back of her bath seat whilst I washed her bottom to notice!

Her leg and head control is so strong it's frightening.

Thank you Scuffer :flower:

I hear you Sooz, with Rose she has such heavy creases in her underarms that I am having to put cream on them as they get a bit red, trying to lift her arms up to get in there is a nightmare, she's so strong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->