A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

i'll second the above, i only had bad recovery on baby number 1, the last 3 have been speedy and mostly fine :hugs:

x

i'll second the above, i only had bad recovery on baby number 1, the last 3 have been speedy and mostly fine :hugs:

x

I was going to say the same, it took ages the first time round but the following two were fine and I was up and about straight away.

i was back on school run by foot next day with last 3 :lol: was wedged on top of a rubber ring for weeks first time round tho.

It's a posterior vaginal wall prolapse, with part of the bowel pushing through :(

Been told to take it easy and not do too much, and throw as many kegels as I can at it and she will review me at my 6 week check.

She did say that of course it is very early days, but that if she had my vagina at 3 weeks PP she would be very pleased!

She told me not to worry or panic about it, and sometimes these things just go away of their own accord...

I really hope so :cry:

Rose on the other hand is doing so well.... I am only up twice in the night for feeds now and she goes out like a light being swaddled and listening to her Sleepy Sheep. I am going to take her to be weighed this week, hopefully her spit up problem hasn't caused her to lose any weight at all.

I on the other hand have lost 7lbs - probably through stress whilst worrying about my sodding vag!! :blush:

Midnight- once the vagina regains its original shape and muscle strength will it go away by itself?
At the 6 week check do all doctors/nurses do a thorough internal check? I really wouldnt mind being properly looked at and (hopefully) be given the all clear. I SHOULD have pushed the doctor to look at my vag properly last time...I am such an idiot for just letting him shrug and say that they dont re-stitch. Just had another look this morning and I am 'gaping' (horrible word)

I didn't ask, I was just a bit taken aback really. All she kept saying was that it's easrly days and I have pushed a baby out, so it's normal what I am dealing with.

It makes me feel sick to think of it to be honest! She was 6lb 15, not 10lb 15!!

Oh love I am sorry you're still suffering - it's bloody horrible isn't it. I had to have a swab taken for Bacterial Vaginosis yesterday too, think I have got it from using tea tree and lavender in the bath! Swab really hurt, more than when she had a feel down there.

I think they always have a feel at the 6 week check?

in uk, they dont do internals at 6 week check up, they generally just ask if u feel ok and do a questionaire to determine if u have PND, ive never with ne of my babies been checked and did ask on 1 of them. x

I'm having my 6 week check at the hospital so I think I will be getting one because of the severity of my tear. I suspect they'll also want a look when I go to the trauma clinic in September.

I'm hoping they'll do an internal at my 4.5 week check up. Don't know why it's not at 6 weeks, but they made the appointment for me. I want them to make sure everything is back in it's place before I start things like exercise and heaven forbid sex. (Anyone else have a random sex drive? I don't want to attempt it at this point, but it randomly does come to mind!)

I'm hoping they'll do an internal at my 4.5 week check up. Don't know why it's not at 6 weeks, but they made the appointment for me. I want them to make sure everything is back in it's place before I start things like exercise and heaven forbid sex. (Anyone else have a random sex drive? I don't want to attempt it at this point, but it randomly does come to mind!)

Oh yes! I'm not feeling ready for sex but am very horny from time to time! :dohh:

Right...so regardless of healing I thought I would have sex anyway...was a bit scary but THANK **** its all normal! I was really worried about my internal stitches but they have healed beautifully. The bit that was worrying me that I thought was not healing is in fact a weird flap where the top stitches burst. Its not healing in the place it should be, I was cut at an angle towards my anus (I hate that word) so where it was just a neat cut and then both sides of the cut sewn together, where the stitches came out I have a groove and a flap that was meant to be sewn on the other side but now healing separately as a flap. That is the only bit that requires healing but I will never look the same down below ever again. Not that I was planning on modelling my vagina!

Right...so regardless of healing I thought I would have sex anyway...was a bit scary but THANK **** its all normal! I was really worried about my internal stitches but they have healed beautifully. The bit that was worrying me that I thought was not healing is in fact a weird flap where the top stitches burst. Its not healing in the place it should be, I was cut at an angle towards my anus (I hate that word) so where it was just a neat cut and then both sides of the cut sewn together, where the stitches came out I have a groove and a flap that was meant to be sewn on the other side but now healing separately as a flap. That is the only bit that requires healing but I will never look the same down below ever again. Not that I was planning on modelling my vagina!

Damn, I thought you were going to do vagina modelling for my blog!

Glad sex was OK, I can't see us waiting much longer, my oh is scrummy :winkwink:

Sorry Scuff- I will eventually get round to doing a bit on your blog. My concentration span at the moment is terrible!

I plan on settling Tabby and then laying spread eagle out in the garden. It's England....we may never see the sun again!

Wow Jessica! I'm impressed you had sex! (Kind of a weird thing to say, but I'm a little terrified - but interested when I'm not sleep deprived and mad at my husband for not taking James more in the middle of the night.) Sorry about your weird healing. I know I'm never going to look the same down there either - I don't have a flap but where I was sewn together I seem to have a ridge about an inch long (don't know why it wasn't sewn flat like the rest of the tear), but like you said it's not like I'm going to be modeling that area. Still sad I wont look the same, but as long as it feels the same I guess I should just be thankful I have a son and came out ok. Enjoy the sun! Where I am we have the blinds closed as it's just too hot! We've been seeing 88+ degrees each day for the last couple weeks, and I'm just thankful we're not 100+ yet!

Spunky, theres not many men I know who do help once the novelty wears off! My hubbys at that stage where he thinks because hes been to work he doesnt need to do anything when he gets home! Yeah, because I've been sat on my arse the whole time!

Jessica well done! We DTD a week ago and it was good to get that milestone out the way as it was all fine and actually enjoyable ha!

I am so upset :sad2: LO has a birth mark that runs across her lumbar spine, I was relieved to be told that it was a strawberry birth mark and that it would clear up by the age of 5.

Just been told that there is a 1 in 3 chance of her having spinal problems due to where it is. Something called a spinal tethering. She will have to be sedated to have an MRI to check it out :(

pinkclaire - my husband is off of work for 3 weeks! So this is supposed to be his job! BUT he's been doing so much work around the house that he gets tired (lawn work etc) and so I'm left with the baby. Arg. I think you're right about the novelty. He's still helping, jsut not as much.

Jessica - How scary!! I hope the MRI goes well! :hugs:

Yeah! My hubby does work long hours, but so do I at home lol. It's not an easy job this motherhood, but it's the most rewarding :thumbup:

Jessica how scary! I've never heard of that! When will she have to have that?

Jessica, I hope it goes OK, poor baby.

Pinkclaire, long hours must be tough going, by the end of the day I'm counting the minutes until my OH gets home! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->