A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

That's really scary Jessica, I hope all is OK when she has her scan. :(

I'm trying to get hold of my Drs as still having tear related issues, I've started to bleed from my back passage when I have a bowel movement and it's painful. I think they've sewn it up too tight. For some reason the Drs phone is diverting to the GP collaborative though. :shrug:

DH is doing less than he was TBH but he is still helping. She'll be having her first EBM bottle later so he'll have less excuse to keep passing her to me if all goes well.

That's really scary Jessica, I hope all is OK when she has her scan. :(

I'm trying to get hold of my Drs as still having tear related issues, I've started to bleed from my back passage when I have a bowel movement and it's painful. I think they've sewn it up too tight. For some reason the Drs phone is diverting to the GP collaborative though. :shrug:

DH is doing less than he was TBH but he is still helping. She'll be having her first EBM bottle later so he'll have less excuse to keep passing her to me if all goes well.

Oh no sooz. Are you sure it's not piles? I hope they see you asap.

If it's anything like my GP they close in the afternoon until 4pm, it'll be with the collab until then. But between 4 and 6 you should be able to get through to the GP. It may even be the same surgery as mine, it drives me insane!

MRI will have to be done when she is 3-4 months old. I have been researching it and IF she does have a spinal tethering then although she will require an operation and it will be very stressful, its a relatively simple operation with no long term problems once done at all. Currently booked in for ultrasounds next week of her spine just for a preliminary look.

Sooz, oh no..ouch! bloody doctors!

I guess it could be but I can't see any and it doesn't hurt the rest of the time. I can normally reach them any time between 8-6, so thought maybe they were on a training half day or something?

I guess it could be but I can't see any and it doesn't hurt the rest of the time. I can normally reach them any time between 8-6, so thought maybe they were on a training half day or something?

With my piles I sometimes just get a bleed with no external lump but it's definitely worth getting checked - if piles they'll give you anusol which I used for the first time ever the other day and couldn't believe how well it worked. I've had bloody piles on and off for years and can't believe I put up with it. I also can't believe I'm discussing this with you as I'm hoping we'll be having coffee and cake together before long, I might be too embarassed now!

They might be on training. My GP surgery also closes all day Thursday, I always end up trying to call when they're closed! :dohh:

PMSL, at least we won't be discussing it over coffee and cake in public aye? :rofl:
I'll try again tomorrow as DH is off work so can run me up there if needs be.

I'm sure I had something to numb my wisdom teeth with a similar name to that, I think it was Anbesol. Wouldn't want to get those two confused. :haha:

PMSL, at least we won't be discussing it over coffee and cake in public aye? :rofl:
I'll try again tomorrow as DH is off work so can run me up there if needs be.

I'm sure I had something to numb my wisdom teeth with a similar name to that, I think it was Anbesol. Wouldn't want to get those two confused. :haha:

I don't know, I'm quite shocked at the conversations I have in public with the other Mum's I know. I swear childbirth makes you forget people have boundaries :blush:

Definitely make sure those two are clearly labelled... You'll end up with a numb bum and shrunken gums.

:rofl: dont eat anusol, my dh once took mine out the bathroom cabinet and thought it was the bonjela as was half asleep, germaloids is pritty good too, and sudocrem helps sooth if they ever get sore from straining, suffered with them every pregnancy, theyve finally buggered off this week. :happydance:

I can't believe my little thread is still going strong! It's so lovely to keep in touch with all the late May Mummies :winkwink:

Sooz hun I really hope that things are okay for you *down there* !

Jessica I am sorry to hear about little Tabitha's spine/birthmark :( really hope that the MRI is all clear, can't imagine how worried you must both be.

Scuffer maybe the dental cream is a good idea for piles? :D I know when I was a dental nurse I used to use the topical local on my ulcers to numb the pain :haha: I imagine a numb pile would be very welcome relief!

Glad to hear you are pile free Wild :thumbup:

Well Rose was diagnosed with reflux last week, after days and days of crying and being sick and generally being a grumpy little hedgehog. The Dr immediately prescribed Infant Gaviscon, which I wasn't particuarly happy with as I wanted to change formula first, but nope he wanted to do it this way. So we did ... and so she screamed non stop all Friday and Saturday night. So I went out the next day and after spending over 2 hours on the phone I managed to track down some SMA Staydown ... well she's a different baby! No sick, no crying and a Mummy that doesn't look like a zombie :thumbup: AND it's vegetarian, so I am very happy!

The ongoing saga with my fanny .... Well today has been a bad day, I must have jinxed it as yesterday I told my Mum that I thought it might be marginally better down there. Sods law!! It feels very red, dry and hot too so I have some antibiotics from my GP. The prolapse is still there, waving at me almost whenever I take my undies off :wacko: Still doing my kegels, no idea if they are helping, probably not. Going to ask for a referral to a PT at my 6 week check, fingers crossed my GP agrees, she can be a bit of a one for doing what she wants and not what you want.

So because of the fanny saga I am having terrible trouble using my beautiful Silver Cross Sleepover pram :( It weighs around 17.5kg and doesn't have swivel wheels so when I am out with it I am having to push down on it to turn a corner, and everytime I do that I feel it pull down on my vagina. Hence I am having to buy ANOTHER pram/pushchair system with an aluminium frame - trust me eh!!

Thank heaven for Pinot Grigio is all I can say!

hope ur bits are better soon hun, and boo at having to buy another pram, glad uve sorted the formula out. weve had to go to hungry baby sma, as with ly eldest lo first stage doesnt touch the sides and he'd feed an hour alter every hour if i allowed it, so were onto hungry abby stuff tomorrow when ive used up this last first stage.

Poor you! All of my sister's children were on hungry baby milk from what I remember, as was I and my siblings...

Luckily that's one thing that Rose is okay with and she will always go three hours, usually 4 at night.

Still gutted I can't BF though :growlmad:

:hugs: i didnt even attempt it this time, it took some long hard thinking over it, but my last lo was a nightmare to bf and i made myself ill feeling like i was failing her, she lost wieght for 2 months solid from birth, finally held her weight wen we started combine feeding, her latch was hurrendous, i had so much support but got so depressed, coupling that with having a 7 5 and 2 yr old, and a dh who works 7 days a week long hours, it would have been such hard work with all the school runs etc, so this time bottle has been best for both of us, especially glad i stuck to formula tho with him feeding so much, id never have him off the boob. :lol: im only glad i successfully bf 2 of my lo's .. xx

:hugs: i didnt even attempt it this time, it took some long hard thinking over it, but my last lo was a nightmare to bf and i made myself ill feeling like i was failing her, she lost wieght for 2 months solid from birth, finally held her weight wen we started combine feeding, her latch was hurrendous, i had so much support but got so depressed, coupling that with having a 7 5 and 2 yr old, and a dh who works 7 days a week long hours, it would have been such hard work with all the school runs etc, so this time bottle has been best for both of us, especially glad i stuck to formula tho with him feeding so much, id never have him off the boob. :lol: im only glad i successfully bf 2 of my lo's .. xx

I think this is absolutely the thing to do, what is right for you, your baby and your family.

I am starting to have issues with my 12 year old about me bf as he is embarassed by it and is dealing with that by commenting on it constantly. I have explained it's natural and what breasts are for and he was actually shocked, he just didn't know. We're quite open with him and answer questions he has and I was shocked that he didn't realise this, I suppose it's just not something we talked about before.

is he getting over it now? it doesn't help that you get people in public tutting and looking, i cant think of anything more natural, and it angers me when they pass comment. if a couple saw a woman sat down with a baby in one arm and a fag in the other hand they'd mutter quietly, yet if they see someone bf and some boob on show they make a song and dance, i know not in all cases, but ive witnessed it myself. :( i used to have a light blanket that covered me and baby, nobody ever had to look at any of my flesh yet ud still get comments.

happy mummy = happy baby! x

is he getting over it now? it doesn't help that you get people in public tutting and looking, i cant think of anything more natural, and it angers me when they pass comment. if a couple saw a woman sat down with a baby in one arm and a fag in the other hand they'd mutter quietly, yet if they see someone bf and some boob on show they make a song and dance, i know not in all cases, but ive witnessed it myself. :( i used to have a light blanket that covered me and baby, nobody ever had to look at any of my flesh yet ud still get comments.

happy mummy = happy baby! x

Quite right about happy mummy = happy baby.

I think I've been fortunate regarding reactions to feeding and I am gobby enough to tell people off! Maybe I have a 'don't f with face' on while feeding?!

Funnily enough he was fine to begin with and it's just this week he's started being silly about it. It makes me a bit cross but I try not to show it as I know it's a pretty normal reaction for a hormonal near-teenager.

Ive never had anyone in public say anything about me feeding I must be lucky! I've had a few friends make comments but I can handle that lol.

it didnt hapen to me iften thankfully, ive witnessed it happeing to frineds more so, i have a dont f with me face too, and im quite discreet ne way, so if they did say owt, i'd prob lnock them clean out with the :holly: :rofl:

i can quite imagion most teenagers, being oh mammmmmmm pleast put ur boobs away my frineds will see type attitude :haha:

I have a quick BF question if that's ok! I'm done with my initial engorgement, but when baby takes a super long nap I get engorged again (though not as bad!) how long will this happen for? As long as I BF and there's a big enough time gap between when he last fed? Or will it go away completely and milk will just be ready when needed? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

I have a quick BF question if that's ok! I'm done with my initial engorgement, but when baby takes a super long nap I get engorged again (though not as bad!) how long will this happen for? As long as I BF and there's a big enough time gap between when he last fed? Or will it go away completely and milk will just be ready when needed? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

You will continue to get really full if the baby goes longer between feeds, but it will usually settle. If it's really uncomfortable you could try expressing a little but I've found it just goes down again after a while.

Wilf is all over the place with feeding times, sometimes it's every 1-2 hours and then he'll go 4 hours so sometimes I get really full and uncomfortable. I tend to just wait for it to go as I am no good at expressing milk!

Midnight Sun - I've been meaning to say, I know you're sad about not being able to BF but it makes you no less of a wonderful Mummy. She can still snuggle into you when she has a bottle and have lovely cuddles, she is still eating and growing as she should xx

how are we all today, weve had a feeding marathon and im at my witts end with what to do, on stronger hungry baby formula up to 5oz and hes demanding more every 1.5 hours, hasnt settled all day and has consumed stupid ammounts of milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->