A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Anyone else having a tough time emotionally? When they gave me antibiotics they also gave me anti-depressants. I’ve had depression problems in the past and just get so worn down with such little sleep, not feeling good, and just not feeling good enough I’ve been very teary. I keep telling myself he’ll start sleeping more and when I start feeling better things will be looking up, right? Hopefully I’m not alone in this. Well, hopefully I am and none of you are feeling the same.

:hugs:

Emotionally I'm ok this time, though I have my moments. I felt similar to you after my first baby, it's good you're talking to your doc about it. Keep talking and keep getting out and seeing people (even when you don't feel like it) and it will get easier. It does get easier once they stop torturing you with sleep deprivation! xx

Feeling ok. Had a few tears first few weeks but now that I'm sleeping better (thank god this growth spurt is over) had about 8 hours last night. I'm feeling much better. Too busy during the days now to feel depressed, my social life seems to be much busier now than when I was working! Plus faffng around with multiple hospital trips and useless NHS surgeries.....had my 6 week check up, but wasn't 'checked', I have to book a separate appointment in order for someone to check my stitches....what's the point?! I had to bully the receptionist into giving T an emergency appointment as she needed her 6 week check and the only next available slot was in august, when she is 12 weeks! Plus she needs her 6 week check in order to have her 8 week injections! Ughhhh, the incompetence!

Spunky I'm so sorry to hear your having a tough time. When I had mastitis I got so down both mentally and physically that I just cried at anything. I think it's hard because our bodies feel ill but we can't recuperate because we have little ones to look after. Now my mastitis has gone I feel so much better mentally and can cope with the massive lack of sleep. I think (hope) it's just getting past this patch and then things start to look up again. I hope you feel better soon :hugs: xxx

Spunky I'm so sorry to hear your having a tough time. When I had mastitis I got so down both mentally and physically that I just cried at anything. I think it's hard because our bodies feel ill but we can't recuperate because we have little ones to look after. Now my mastitis has gone I feel so much better mentally and can cope with the massive lack of sleep. I think (hope) it's just getting past this patch and then things start to look up again. I hope you feel better soon :hugs: xxx

:hugs: Tuppance that's a really good point. When I was really poorly with my chest infection I was definitely more tearful x

Big hugs to everyone feeling down and tearful :hugs:

I too am on antidepressants, went to the Dr again yesterday as my urtethra and bladder have fallen down :cry: was actually diagnosed with a Cystocele and a very lax posterior vaginal wall. I have a referral to a PT and apparently it should work wonders for me.

I am in a lot of pain and feel intense pressure down there and it's caused me to have panic attacks, so I am also having to take Diazapam if I need it. I am hoping that once my anti-d's kick in I won't need them at all as th panicky feelings will subside.

Rose is wonderful but such hard work! She has taken to waking up at 2.30am and then not wanting to go down again! :wacko:

Ohh Midnight :( sorry you are having problems...could you request surgery just to fix it once and for all? Which anti-D's are you on?
Naughty awake Rose! Tabby wakes up at 3am and demands food so sometimes I give her expressed milk as she doesnt find the bottle as comforting and so stays awake enough to get a lot down her and then she passes out!

Thank you ladies.
scuffer - I'll try to get out and see people, it;s just so much easier to be at home.
Jessica - That's ridiculous about the appointments! I'm finding my pediatrician books up fast, but I've only been getting appts 1 week later, not several.
tuppance - I'm glad you're feeling so much better. It probably is just everything together right now and I hope once I don't feel sick anymore things will look up.
Midnightsun - :hugs: So sorry to hear about everything that's going on!!! I hope it will work wonders for you, But in the meantime I hope your drugs help you feel better. I've had panic attacks in the past to the point where I no longer wanted to leave my home and go places. Completely miserable. I hope they are able to help you feel better soon.

Midnightsun, do you have any help at night? I hope you start to feel better physically soon too x

Spunky, it does feel easier staying at home but getting out does help. Unless you live in Yorkshire like me and get rained on every time you leave the house!!! x

Spunky, it does feel easier staying at home but getting out does help. Unless you live in Yorkshire like me and get rained on every time you leave the house!!! x

I'd welcome a little rain right now. It's so hot where I am! Right now it's like 95 degrees outside. Too hot for me and baby. We're going to see 100 or higher for over a week. Ugh!

I'd welcome a little rain right now. It's so hot where I am! Right now it's like 95 degrees outside. Too hot for me and baby. We're going to see 100 or higher for over a week. Ugh!

I would be staying inside for that too! :hugs:

Spunky when I had mastitis at the start of the week I was a nightmare couldn't stop crying!

I'm used to the sleep deprevation a bit more this time but with James it was such a culture shock. You can see why it's used for torture! Everything does always seem better with more sleep. Try staying in bed for 24 hours and resting. If you've got someone who can help out, take it and get some rest! It's a really hard time.

My mastitis seems to have cleared (thanks everyone for your support) but my nipple is still red raw! We have no bf support round here at all it's rubbish! Once I'm through this I might train so I can offer some support for others

My mastitis seems to have cleared (thanks everyone for your support) but my nipple is still red raw! We have no bf support round here at all it's rubbish! Once I'm through this I might train so I can offer some support for others

That's a brilliant idea.

With my sore nipple last time I fed from one side and expressed from the other for a day and it gave that side a break from being sucked in a wet mouth and did help. I used lots of Lanisoh too x

:hi: how are we all :flower: doing well here Luca is doing perfectly on his comfort milk for the colic, soon as we give his meds before feeds he starts frantically kicking and ooooooo'in ready for his feed :cloud9:

Hi everyone, just popping in to see how you all are while baby is sleeping. Sorry some of you are having such a bad time :(

Hello :) Also popping on. I feel for those having a tough time. My ds was a nightmare as a baby. As for my little bubs..i have to say, im blessed. She generally takes her milk, sleeps of just lies there staring. She is such a calm baby.Dont get me wrong, she has her moments but its usually short lived. Just as well too with a 4 year old and a 3 year old if she was a very demanding baby i dont know how i would have coped!

That's Charlotte as well, my son was a nightmare, she's such an angel thank god!

Scuffed thanks I might try that once I'm sure the mastitis has been shaken xx

My LO is definitely not constipated but seems to spend the majority of late evening and early morning straining and grunting? Is this normal? I think she is trying to relieve wind and sometimes does an explosive fart settles for a few minutes and then starts grunting again.

My LO is definitely not constipated but seems to spend the majority of late evening and early morning straining and grunting? Is this normal? I think she is trying to relieve wind and sometimes does an explosive fart settles for a few minutes and then starts grunting again.

Wilf does the same, I think it is normal. I don't know if my level of hydration makes a difference though.

I was such an idiot yesterday and tripped and fell in my friend's garden. Thankfully I was not carrying the baby at the time! I have got scrapes and bruises (including my cheek!), my arm took the brunt of my fall so it is very sore today and I'm struggling with holding and carrying the baby :nope:

I feel like such a wally :dohh:

ah! hydrations levels...what is your theory? I am TERRIBLE at hydrating myself some days.

You poor thing!! look after yourself woman!!

I get the same. I put Charlotte on her front and let her kick about when she's like that. A poo tends to follow shortly after or some big farts! I just let her moan unless she's screaming as I find I can't do anything to help and the wriggling seems to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->