A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

ah! hydrations levels...what is your theory? I am TERRIBLE at hydrating myself some days.

You poor thing!! look after yourself woman!!

Well... I know our little limpets are supposed to get what they need first but I do wonder if we're not getting enough fluids whether they become dehydrated and therefore a bit constipated.

I try and drink a large glass of water with every feed. I think it might make a difference as I have failed in doing this the past few days and he hasn't been pooing as regularly.

And you know I am a scientist so probably a genius and pretty much know everything, either that or I am concussed from yesterday...

I find Paige will let rip with some wind/poopy farts in the morning if I turn her on her side when she starts writhing and grunting. She co-sleeps from around 6am so I just support her against me until she stops.

I saw the physio today for my tear and they're not happy to sign me off so I have to go back again. I have control of my pelvic floor and sphincter muscles but no strength in them...I can only hold for like, 1 second. Terrible. :(

On the plus side my diastasis recti is closing up nicely.

I have my 6 week check with the consultant on Thursday, physio found a lump where the internal sutures have not dissolved and wants me to get it checked as it hurts.

child birth..pfft.....I am going to pay for a surrogate next time!

Tell me about it. Every time DH starts a sentence with 'next time' I want to belt him round the head. :dohh:

I STILL have an inch of skin/mucous membrane that isnt bloody healing!!!

Surely that's not normal? Have you had your 6 week check?

yes. I had a 6 week check, but wasnt checked!! saw a nurse who said it wasnt her job to check stitches and for me to book another appointment with a doctor!

How ridiculous! As I said, even the physio checked me down below today and looked at the stitches, I had to sign a consent form but still. Do they not realise how much hassle it is to make appointments with a new baby in tow?

Could someone answer this question for me: With warmed expressed BM, how long can you keep the bottles out for after heating before they need to be chucked?

How ridiculous! As I said, even the physio checked me down below today and looked at the stitches, I had to sign a consent form but still. Do they not realise how much hassle it is to make appointments with a new baby in tow?

Could someone answer this question for me: With warmed expressed BM, how long can you keep the bottles out for after heating before they need to be chucked?

I would treat it like any other milk so no more than a few hours.

You both sound like your having a tough time following the birth, but you will forget soon enough and start to think another baby is a good idea!

So sorry Sooz!!!

I agree with Jessica and Sooz - surrogate all the way!!! And maybe a wet nurse!!!

AFM - Had my check up yesterday. Things were looking good, stitches have dissolved. Advised that I need to do more kegels and since I;m still having pain wait another month for sex, which I'm ok with...

Sorry your still getting pain Spunky. :hugs:

I had a letter through the post today asking us to take part in the EAT Study at St Thomas', London as we are exclusively breastfeeding. It's a research in to infant allergies.

https://www.eatstudy.co.uk/

Sooz..me to! Not sure if I will take part or not.

Tabby is going through ANOTHER growth spurt. I just cant seem to fill her up, I think I produce too much fore milk and she is getting full before reaching the hind milk which is higher in fat and so needs feeding more. Really wondering whether to just give her one bottle of formula a day?

Jessica - James has been eating every hour and getting fussy. Feel like I'm not filling him up either. :/ It's been a long morning. (Been wanting to eat every hour since like 2am). I know they say not to supplement as the more they try to get milk the more we will produce, but I'm starting to wonder if a bottle might not be a bad idea (get him fuller and give my boobs a break!)

See Paige has spent the last 3 days seemingly bolstering my milk supply in the evening and then last night was completely uninterested and I woke up with a boob like a boulder this morning....so much so I expressed 6 oz off quite easily. I can't work out if we've had the 6 week growth spurt already or not?

Could you bother perhaps try pumping after they've fed to get a bottle of fattier milk and save that to give them in the evening to try and get them further through the night? Or pump some fore milk off before feeding them so they get to the hind milk quicker?

:( I did it. Gave her 80mls of 'hungry baby' formula. Feel guilty but shes asleep! I think shes been grouchy today due to being overtired as too hungry to sleep.

The problem is I can easily express off 9-10 oz in about 8 minutes now. I think il pump out maybe 5 oz and then latch LO on

Pumping morning milk could keep baby awake if given at night, doesnt contain any Serotonin (sleepy hormone)

I tried giving James a bottle, but he regected it. Not sure what his problem is today.

Jessica - don't feel guilty! And DAMN! You produce tons! THat's awesome!

My little girl has been really unsettled and constantly feeding. I hope she's just having a growth spurt. It's hard work when they are like that isn't it.

My little girl has been really unsettled and constantly feeding. I hope she's just having a growth spurt. It's hard work when they are like that isn't it.

Wilf's been the same, I'm exhausted!

Just in case B&B somehow is wiped from the face of the earth....you lot can add me on FB if you wish?

'Jessica Roe' and profile pic is me (blonde) holding Tabby on lap and I am from Cambridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->