A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

The engorgement is a definite down side to them sleeping through, I roll over on to my front (love being able to do that again) and then have to stop myself squeaking with the pain of landing on two rocks! :rofl:

I hate you all. Its TYPICAL that I would have a baby that doesnt sleep well! I was woken up 3 times last night....have a horrible feeling T is starting to teeth!! Shes irritable, drooling, gum looks a bit pinker than normal and she did some funny poo's yesterday. Shes not even 2 months yet! Apparently runs in the family, I teethed at 3 months and so did my siblings.

hope she isnt though...breastfeeding may become painful!

Jessica - he normally doesn't sleep well! I'm used to being up at 11-12, 2-3 and 5-6 to feed, so that's why it was so weird and wonderful!!! Sorry about T's gums, for your breasts' sake I hope she's not teething either! :thumbup:

My NCT post-natal leader went to great pains to assure me teething should not result in pain when BFing but I have to say I wasn't convinced!

Jessica - Rose isn't a great sleeper either! I am hoping another few weeks and I will actually have a little uniterrupted sleep rather than her waking every 3 for a feed.

As for teething, I have got her a Dino Daisy amber teething anklet for her when she does start....... Mind you it's rather purdy, so I might nick it and buy her a little amber necklace instead :blush:

3 hour stretch is amazing for us! I've BF when they have teeth it doesn't hurt. What hurts is when they are tired or start to come off and have a little chew when they are teething! Honestly it's fine though x

T has been up every hour last night. She had her jabs yesterday so wondering whether she feels a bit poorly.

I know I keep going on about it, but she's CONSTANTLY wriggling and grunting and straining trying to fart?! The waking up to feed isn't an issue, takes her 5 minutes. It's the HOURS of her moving around that is keeping me awake.

Will she grow out of it? Should I be trying different methods to reduce how much air she takes in? I'm wondering whether my let down is too aggressive.

Rose does it too Jessica. Not so much since she has been swaddled though, and since she has her sleep sheep.

They will grow out of it, its just a newborn thing.

As for her possibly teething, go on over to Dino Daisy and get her something amber, lots of threads in natural parenting to support that method too.

sleep sheep!?

The amber bracelets look pretty, but not sure id want LO chewing something that could choke her if it came apart plus im a sceptic when it come to 'healing powers' of crystals. The wooden chews look cute though and I like the GUMIGEMs!

The Waldorf Oval is beautiful!

They don't chew the amber hun, they wear it as an anklet, bracelet of necklace. Each bead of individually knotted so if it were to break only one beadnwould come off, and they are pretty small.

Like I said have a look at natural parenting, so many ladies have said it really helped with their little ones pain.

Yes Rose has a Cloud B Sleep Sheep - it plays nature sounds and it soothes her off to sleep, she loves it. Really helps when I lay her down, and in the night I pop it on and swaddle her a bit tighter if she is doing all those noises and both really help :)

Mind you at the moment she is sound asleep whilst Metallica are on loud lol... The girl has got my taste lol

:dohh: ohhh!

STILL!..reinforces my scepticism! hehe

I live in a horribly dull scientific world, I blame my husband.

Lol I used to too, that's what happens when we work in the medical industry for many years though isn't it!

I really like that the sheep makes a mothers heartbeat sound...I am considering getting one!

I don't have that one Jessica, I have the out and about one. Plays a stream, ocean waves (her favourite), rain and then whale sounds.

Best £20 I have spent in a long time!

I don't have that one Jessica, I have the out and about one. Plays a stream, ocean waves (her favourite), rain and then whale sounds.

Best £20 I have spent in a long time!

where are they from?

I used to be a real sceptic when it came to natural methods, but since having James I keep finding them working more and more! Give the teething necklace a go, you've got nothing to lose lol.

I'm struggling with bf, which I'm surprised at as I fed James for 11 months pretty easily. I'm just not getting her latch right and as I am a second time mum the support seems to be minimal!

Jessica - if I want James to fart I sit on the couch with my feet on our coffee table with my knees bent up. He sits in my lap with his back against my legs. For some reason that sitting position really helps. He just sits there and smiles and farts and poops. It makes him so happy! Maybe try it?

I've looked at the amber as I saw it in the baby forum. Had never heard of it before. I like the idea of non medicated, but I have to say I can't see how it would work... They are pretty though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->