A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Awwwww...good luck ladies...i am watching this thread..lol....in fact i am sat here on the internet all day (no life you see..its all about baby now...lol) looking for news from different peeps....hopefully out babies wont be long. Will have to start a sweep watch thread tomorrow....lol....xxx

Midnight sun....i had excrutiating pain/sensations in my bum and cervix last night....like something is burrowing..jabbing me in them...i honestly thought something was going to pop out of me last night felt so low...still nothing in the way of contractions...im living in hope that something could change.xx

I've been getting this too. It's horrible. I feel like the baby is trying to burrow her way out. It's horrible I can feel it in my lady bits and shooting pains up my bum! Baby is so low it's freaking me out. I have been having irregular contractions since Tue and lost my plug too, waters still in tact. Getting induced at 8pm tonight. Im shitting myself now. I cant believe how sore contractions are, Im probably not even 1cm dilated I feel like such a wussbag! I was going to go for a water birth but I raelly dont think I'll cope without some strong drugs! Scared!!!:cry:

Edd today!! Was up for a few hours during the night, real nausea feeling and period pains, this morning only pain every now and again. Got midwife and a sweep at 3.45.

Good luck to everyone due today, or having sweeps!!

Xxx

Midnight sun....i had excrutiating pain/sensations in my bum and cervix last night....like something is burrowing..jabbing me in them...i honestly thought something was going to pop out of me last night felt so low...still nothing in the way of contractions...im living in hope that something could change.xx

I've been getting this too. It's horrible. I feel like the baby is trying to burrow her way out. It's horrible I can feel it in my lady bits and shooting pains up my bum! Baby is so low it's freaking me out. I have been having irregular contractions since Tue and lost my plug too, waters still in tact. Getting induced at 8pm tonight. Im shitting myself now. I cant believe how sore contractions are, Im probably not even 1cm dilated I feel like such a wussbag! I was going to go for a water birth but I raelly dont think I'll cope without some strong drugs! Scared!!!:cry:

Oh hun, please try and relax :hugs: the water might really help with the pains. You can have gas and air in the water too... How about nipping out today and getting yourself a tens machine?

It might be an idea to download an mp3 of some labour relaxation techniques today so that you can have a listen to them?

I know that if it weren't for my hypno relaxation techniques that I would be really worried about it all x x

I had this yesterday evening when I went for a walk, it felt so strange as it wasn't a contraction just a stabby pain in my cervix so I had to give up walking :shrug: I'm hoping it means baby is on the move!

MidnightSun I was hoping to come online today to read you had had your bubbakins!

And excitedgal good luck with your induction, I'm sure you will be absolutely amazing! Try to remember breathing, to loosen jaw and attempt to relax (still not quite sure how the latter is meant to work!) Just think this time tomorrow you could be holding LO in your arms :)

Morning all.

I'm not feeling too great today, I couldn't sleep so am probably just over tired. But I'm sitting typing this and sobbing my eyes out because I feel so lonely. We live hundreds of miles from our family and friends and today I just need my Mum and sister and best friend. Oh dear, I seem to have got myself worked up into a complete state! We've lived here since last summer and I have made some lovely friends but it's not the same, I feel ridiculous for sitting here wanting my Mum, I'm 33 for goodness sake!

Aww hun :hugs: We all have low days, I think it's just that our emotions and hormones are so all over the place at the moment that we are maybe sitting over analysing things that we wouldn't normally have such a huge reaction to.

Tuppance I was hopeful too, especially with the pains all radiating everywhere and the shotting up the bum ones!

I think I am going to do some cleaning this morning and be positive that tomorrow's sweep will work and so I will need a clean house lol... Then this afternoon I am going to go and gatecrash my friend's house for coffee and cake in the hope that sitting on someone else's sofa might cause my waters to break :haha:

Thank you. I've calmed down again now, it suddenly all felt like too much!

I hope the signs you're all feeling are things getting moving for you x

Bless you :hugs:

What would happen if we were to all jump up and down? :haha:

Excitedgirl, I found the first bit when I wasnt in established labour the worst bit with my son, I am sure you will be fine! The other ladies are right, try to relax it will really help!

:hugs: to everyone with teasing signs, or no signs! I have been having irregular contractions for 5-6 days now ffs so annoying!

had irregular niggles today but theyve stepped up a notch or two over the last few days, have been spewing all morning. come on baby anytime soon would be nice lol

Morning all.

I'm not feeling too great today, I couldn't sleep so am probably just over tired. But I'm sitting typing this and sobbing my eyes out because I feel so lonely. We live hundreds of miles from our family and friends and today I just need my Mum and sister and best friend. Oh dear, I seem to have got myself worked up into a complete state! We've lived here since last summer and I have made some lovely friends but it's not the same, I feel ridiculous for sitting here wanting my Mum, I'm 33 for goodness sake!

Aww, poor you. In a similar situation myself, my family all live 150 miles away too. It's horrible sometimes isn't it? Glad you're feeling better now though!

I've had a bit of an exciting morning here. Went to the toilet for a *ahem* number 2, sat down and did a wee but loads more came out than I was expecting and it didn't feel like I was weeing... and when I was pushing :blush: more was coming! So I thought, hmm, is it waters breaking? Am I just becoming more incontinent? Anyway, put a pad on, and nothing else has come out since, so now I've convinced myself it was just wee!

Got midwife appt booked at 3 anyway so we'll see what he says, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

Morning all.

I had a rubbish nights sleep too Hun.

My family and friends are also 200 odd miles away and I do get quite lonely at times, ML has become a real drag for me with little to do and few people to see. I am very grateful for my NCT course right now as I at least get some adult female company once a week when we all meet up for coffee. I don't know what I'd do without them!

It's normal to feel deserted at times like this and you are more than entitled to have a good cry about it. :hugs::hugs:

Little update: my waters haven't gone! But midwife says my cervix is "nice and soft and stretchy" and he wrote 1cm dilated in my notes. He said he can feel baby's head and he thinks the sweep will work. Hopefully these are all good signs, fingers crossed!

Thanks lovelies. Sohoisticat - how exciting! I hope to hear baby news from you soon x

Oooh exciting!

I have had bad period pains all afternoon sat on my friend's sofa, so hoping it starts tonight so I don't have to have the rotten sweep tomorrow morning!

MidnightSun - I didn't find the sweep painful at all. Slightly uncomfortable maybe. But I guess it depends on how your midwife does it and how relaxed you are! Very bizarre having another man's fingers up my floozy though (my midwife is a man)! :haha:

Little update: my waters haven't gone! But midwife says my cervix is "nice and soft and stretchy" and he wrote 1cm dilated in my notes. He said he can feel baby's head and he thinks the sweep will work. Hopefully these are all good signs, fingers crossed!

Good luck, I hope something happens for you. Will keep an eye out for any updates!

Due date today, had MW appointment and managed to have a sweep. I have been booked for another sweep on Sunday morning (my birthday!) and have also been booked in for induction for 10 days time just incase it doesn't happen naturally before that.

I am not looking forward to it as my MW said it will only work if it hurts basically!

I could not imagine my MW being a man lol... although having said that when I had an ectopic scare at 6 weeks my OB was a man and he did an internal where he put his hand up my vagina to feel my whole uterus to rule out a growth :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I can't imagine a sweep would hurt more than that lol

I am going to use my hypno techniques to try and relax hun... was it fairly quick?

So got my fingers crossed for us all for this weekend! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"