A home for EVERYONE!

Hugs to you Aspe. I know how it is when all you want, is to be pregnant. I hope it happens for you soon. :flower:

Thanks Janelle. I want to have a baby so extremely bad. I am off to the Doctor tomorrow to see if he will refer me to a gynecologist.

Well ladies, if you're around I could really use some of your advice right now. I just went to see my new gynecologist, because the one that I loved moved to Australia, and this new one I've only seen once and this is my second time seeing her. A little back story. I'm sure you've heard it, but to refresh your memory. I've been on Topamax for awhile now. I started it just after Sara turned a year old for my migraines. It's helped a lot in preventing them, but if you get pregnant on this medication you're guaranteed a baby with birth defects. So, to be on the safe side, I got the mirena IUD. It was "okay" at the beginning.My periods seemed lighter. They were still predictable. They didn't disappear like advertised, but I don't care about that. We still used condoms. But lately I've been getting an infection. So, my new doctor thinks that my body maybe rejecting it. She put in an authorization to remove it and thinks I should go on the pill. THEN she tried to talk me into getting my tubes tied, which I'm not totally against, but here's the kicker. My entire life I've always had horrible, terrible heavy long periods. That are crampy and just plain suck. She said if I had my tubes tied there is no guarantee that my periods would get better, but if that happened then there is another surgery that I could do to help that. I know which one she is talking about, it's the one where they scrape your uterus. I was asking her, if you're going to tie my tubes, and I have these terrible cramps and periods, why not just give me a hysterectomy and she said there is no chance I would be able to find a doctor that would do the surgery to do that. I don't want to get my tubes tide and get STUCK with terrible periods and not be able to do anything about it. What does she think money just grows on trees? I can't just wait around and have surgeries right and left?

The other thing is my Mom had a hysterectomy as well as my sister, but I have no idea as to why either of them had one because I don't speak to them. I just know that they were medically related and they needed to be done. So, in hindsight, I guess if I did want to get one, I wonder if I could some how find a way to figure out why they had theirs with out actually speaking to them. Maybe say there is family history? I don't know...

I do know we are for sure done having kids. Anyone want to give me there advice? I'd really appreciate it.. Thanks in advance.

Hello strangers! I know we were using real names in here but I am ashamed to admit I'm forgetting real names. :shrug: I'm so sorry!

mnj - wow exciting things in your world!

magicwhisper - ahhh your sweet girl is growing up! I hope the allergies get sorted soon. I imagine that's challenging.

janelle - I remember your name! :haha: Yikes I have heard too many iud horror stories to want one for myself! Glad you got it back where it belongs! Adorable pics of your kids! Sorry I'm of no help regarding your question. How is krissy doing these days?

aspe - big hugs. We were ltttc after a loss so my heart goes out to you <3 Hope you could get in with a gyn and you found it / will find it super helpful.

AFM, baby girl turned 1 a couple of weeks ago. She is so funny. I know they say they are all different, but it's amazing the differences between her and her big sister. She is walking, not super confident for long distances, but it's more and more her preferred way of getting around. She is still not a super awesome sleeper (understatement), which totally caught me off guard since her big sis started sleeping like a rock star around 3.5-4 mos with no guidance. Oh well, it's slowly improving and we are learning how to function. :) She is getting more personality every day. Her facial expressions are just too much! Hilarious. She says mama, dada, uh oh, hi, bye, baby, and bottle. She and her sister love each other so much. Big sis is still a little jealous when little is getting the attention. :)

Hi everyone! I hope you all are doing well. Sorry for not checking in. I hadn't been getting emails that there were responses in the thread.

Janelle - Do you know why your periods are so bad? Maybe that's why your relatives had to get a hysterectomy. Would you be open to seeing another doctor?

Erin - Happy belated birthday to your little. It's good to hear you all are doing well.

Zoey - It sounds like you are having a blast with Ella. Sounds like she is doing great.

Aspe - I hope things are getting better. We're you able to get that referral?

Misty - Congratulations! :happydance:

AFM - The boys are doing well. Ethan has a slight limp when he runs, but other than that there is no evidence of the strokes in his behavior. J is doing great. It amazes me how different they are.

Grace, I have endometriosis (sp). Happy to read your kids are doing well. :)

AFM, I got my IUD out yesterday and I feel like I'm giving birth to a baby today! HOLY CRAP, I'm having the worst cramps of my life. I also feel like I got hit by a truck. Every muscle in my body is sore. Not like eh, a little ache, like Helga the gladiator German gave me a deep tissue massage... with a rolling pin.

Oh yea, Dan is getting a vasectomy.

This thread isnt very active but i just wanted to pop in. I hope this pregnancy sticks. I am very nervous, anxious, happy - you name it. Anyone have any tips, advice, or opinions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
Oh Aspe, I'm so excited for you!! Congratulations!!!!!!! Big hugs to you!!

I know, this thread has gone in the crapper. :(

It's a real bummer. I'll talk with you though, I still get email updates, I'm still here, I wont leave you hanging. How are you feeling other than what you stated, do you have any pregnancy symptoms?

I'm not sure what advice I can give you... Go celebrate!! Bake a cake and have a slice...or two!!! Don't stress, enjoy it!!

Thanks. I really thought i was out this cycle. Now the volcano pimples and few bouts of nausea makes sense but I chose not to symptom spot. I have been testing daily to make sure my lines are getting darker. The nurse confirmed my pregnancy yesterday. Now to keep it a secret from public until second trimester. Any advice on having two kids? It is crazy to think Baby P, will toddler P lol, will not be my only baby now.

Hmmm.. I sometimes can't believe that I have two kids. Sara was a lot easier than Samuel was. She's still easier at times, but very diva I guess you could say. Has to do everything on her own. I don't do anything for her anymore unless it's tie her shoes and even that she's wanting me to teach her. I think it's because she wants to be like her big brother, so that's the plus to having two kids. The other plus is potty training!! Sara was so easy to potty train because of Samuel. Well, that and her divaness I'm sure. But, it's fun having two kids, I enjoy it. You're going to love it, I'm so excited for you!!

Thank you so much. It was a steady worry while trying. Now, i am taking tests everyday to make sure they are getting darker.

Well, I had another miscarriage. Our baby we lost last year would have been due next month, in April. Almost April, and we miscarried again. :cry:

Thanks. We are going to try again. Still waiting on that appointment to get dye in my tubes. Then hopefully, fertility meds.

What does the dye in your tubes do?

Did Misty's daughter have something like that done?

Dye is testing to see if my tube(s) are blocked or uterine abnormalities.

Yeah, I think she did.

Did you take low dose aspirin to conceive?

I remember taking it. Not sure if took it to conceive, or if I took after I got pregnant, but I do remember taking it to prevent myself from a miscarriage. I remember, I was suppose to stop taking it at like 32 weeks and I didn't because I was so afraid of something going wrong. So, I secretly took it all the way until the end. I do remember waking up one night sure I was having a miscarriage. So I cried and went on bnb went on the thread and posted to the ladies. I went in for an emergency ultrasound and my doctor was out of town or something, but the doctor I said told me to continue the ld aspirin, she said we couldn't have sex forever, I couldn't lift Samuel, I couldn't exercise. It was crazy, I remember that!! But I went on to have Sara.

I think i will go on low dose aspirin next time. I considered it this time but didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->