A little update on me, re lactating and a pat of the back ha ha *updated*

Did you!!! I seriously need to get over my fear too!! I keep thinking I will do it, but then she doesn't wake up/get hungry when we are out!!

That's excellent! :D I'm trying to relactate for my 7.5 month old! 6 months break from breastfeeding... Just started pumping every 2 hours, still need to get some herbal supplements, but I got colostrum right away :D

Just another little update, that may also help others relactating.

I am now bf full time, not giving any bottles or formula :happydance: which has helped with the sickness and with supply.

Have to say something controversial here and not for everyone, but I stopped expressing as it was stressing me out, lo has plenty of wet nappies and is gaining weight and is now going 3 hours between feeds. I am even waking up engorged and can feel boobs filling up, something that I never thought would happen again.
I have stopped all of the supplements and herbs/oats etc and now feel I have enough milk to offer her. I started relactating 17th Jan after a 5 week break from bf.

She has had her ranitadine upped to max dose, and we have to give gaviscon and colief again, she has also been referred to a paed. Finally feel we are on the right track.

Hey thats not controversial; I don't think you need to express any more cos LO is fully on boobie milk, well done you! I think maybe this thread should be made a sticky as its really helpful and inspiring to other ladies....

Awesome news hon, you have done so so well :hugs: So proud of you!!!

Just another little update, that may also help others relactating.

I am now bf full time, not giving any bottles or formula :happydance: which has helped with the sickness and with supply.

Have to say something controversial here and not for everyone, but I stopped expressing as it was stressing me out, lo has plenty of wet nappies and is gaining weight and is now going 3 hours between feeds. I am even waking up engorged and can feel boobs filling up, something that I never thought would happen again.
I have stopped all of the supplements and herbs/oats etc and now feel I have enough milk to offer her. I started relactating 17th Jan after a 5 week break from bf.

She has had her ranitadine upped to max dose, and we have to give gaviscon and colief again, she has also been referred to a paed. Finally feel we are on the right track.

Hey thats not controversial; I don't think you need to express any more cos LO is fully on boobie milk, well done you! I think maybe this thread should be made a sticky as its really helpful and inspiring to other ladies....

Awwww thanks Summer Rain, couldnt have done it without all your support though ladies:hugs:

Nightkd, I maybe wrong but I am sure I have read that you don't get colostrum again, only when your very first bf, so you are getting milk:happydance: which can be worked on by pumping/latching on etc. Good luck I commend you:hugs:

Awesome news hon, you have done so so well :hugs: So proud of you!!!

Aw farie thanks hun, hows little Nim doing? Theyve upped Millie ranitadine now to 0.75ml 3 x day and brought back colief and gaviscon, just so hard trying to get it down her though. She's still sick but not in as much pain:thumbup:

thanks Ke, hows Ellis doing now with the latchng on? Are you still pumping?

Yipppee got paediatrician appointment through for next Thursday, hope they can fathom out why she is still being sick,

another little update as I know lots of you have been following our story

I have to admit, I was all set to give up today. Millie has gone from sleeping through to now waking 2am and 4am and with 2 other kiddies, one with special needs its not easy and I had convinced myself she wasnt getting enough.

We were going to paediatrician and I was all set to ask for a formula to try which would make the reflux better, until she was weighed, she HAS PUT ON 13OZ IN 2 WEEKS
me and hubby talked about trying her on one bottle of formula, but hubby said I'm doing such a good job why risk it, he said obviously my decision but Ive come this far and she is obviously thriving, wow what support on the old bf front.

On the reflux front paed has prescribed domperidone twice a day so she is now on this plus, ranitadine 3 x daily, gaviscon and colief.

Any one any exp with domperidone for reflux?

not for reflux but I use it at work for chemo induced nausea, it pushes everything through the stomach into the gut so it would make sense it would be good for reflux. I am taking it myself for relactation! Good to hear that all is going well with breastfeeding!

thanks ke, how are you getting on? I took it for relactating but not on it anymore, made her worse to be honest as has lactose in it, ah well we have to try it.

aw thanks flubdub, how are you getting on now?

Fab thanks!! Much better days now. He sleeps most of the morning, and only wakes up 2 or 3 times at night. At least, now, I can feed him, and go out for an hour, and know he wont be crying the whole time. A couple of weeks ago, I couldnt even nip to my mums (right over the road) for 5 minutes. Im loving it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->