A long term weight loss thread

We shared a rack of pork ribs for dinner... I think I have mastered the art of fall of the bones meat ribs!

Cews: maybe it's time to switch up your workout to something else so you don't get bored by it? Or push through it, because afterwards you know you feel good about it!

My work out was grooming the dog today, in all seriousness, he's pretty good about just lying there for his groom so not really a work out but i was baby free for about half an hour which is note worthy. Tons more to brush.

Cews i was going to say, looks like a big mac! Yummmmmm.
Not sure on the bike...are you doing anything while cycling? I used to cycle in a room with a tv. Watching a show really helped. I actually got REAALY into a show once and made the rule I could only watch it on the bike.

Pl how did you score child-free time?! Lucky.

Cews i was going to say, looks like a big mac! Yummmmmm.
Not sure on the bike...are you doing anything while cycling? I used to cycle in a room with a tv. Watching a show really helped. I actually got REAALY into a show once and made the rule I could only watch it on the bike.

Pl how did you score child-free time?! Lucky.

It was like a BigMac! I couldn't believe how tasty it was. The first time I had the sauce was a month ago but I haven't had a burger since. I knew as soon as I saw the salad I would have to try it with this sauce.

Good news this morning! I stepped on the scale first thing and it was down to 175.4!!!!
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

When I started on this board I was 185/186 so I am officially 10lbs down! I cant freaking believe it! Only 5lbs more to reach this months goal and 15lbs to reach my end of june goal of 160.

Love me my big Mac....we have that special sauce in our fridge, it probably just screams calories at you. ;)

Gigs, DH understands that I can't just do baby all day all week long and tries to give me breaks when baby agrees with them. DH came home from work early yesterday and L was still having his nap. Just good timing too.

Love me my big Mac....we have that special sauce in our fridge, it probably just screams calories at you. ;)

Gigs, DH understands that I can't just do baby all day all week long and tries to give me breaks when baby agrees with them. DH came home from work early yesterday and L was still having his nap. Just good timing too.

BigMacs are one of my guilty pleasures... seriously my favorite fast-food burger ever! Closely followed by their cheeseburger and then Carls Jr. Western Burger. Ugh... Im hungry lol!

DH is the same way. Since I am home all day with the boys he gives me breaks whenever he can. Usually I try to get out for a few hours on the weekend to catch my breath.

Cews--I was going to say maybe your body is telling you that it wants a variation of workouts, sometimes my body will respond better by alternating workouts because it is getting too used to one its not as effective. But you know what is good and what you are able to do.

BigMacs are one of my guilty pleasures... seriously my favorite fast-food burger ever! Closely followed by their cheeseburger and then Carls Jr. Western Burger. Ugh... Im hungry lol!

DH is the same way. Since I am home all day with the boys he gives me breaks whenever he can. Usually I try to get out for a few hours on the weekend to catch my breath.

I am far from a few hours. Baby is only 7 weeks old and exclusively bf'd.. Lol guess I can't complain.

So my journey of getting my dogs food allergies under control has lead me to kangaroo meat. It only has 2% fat! Talk about super lean meat, not enough to sustain a dog, and I won't do it long term as my dog actually needs to gain weight. Compare that with lean ground beef which contains 17% fat! Even chicken is over 10%.
Best part is the price as it's significantly cheaper then beef!
I ordered a case of trim of it through my butcher for dogfood. Trim is good for human consumption, basically all the pieces that are too small to make up steaks or roasts, etc. Lots of people use it to make sausage. Maybe I'll have some nice pieces for a stew ;)
I am weirdly exited about it :haha:

I am far from a few hours. Baby is only 7 weeks old and exclusively bf'd.. Lol guess I can't complain.

So my journey of getting my dogs food allergies under control has lead me to kangaroo meat. It only has 2% fat! Talk about super lean meat, not enough to sustain a dog, and I won't do it long term as my dog actually needs to gain weight. Compare that with lean ground beef which contains 17% fat! Even chicken is over 10%.
Best part is the price as it's significantly cheaper then beef!
I ordered a case of trim of it through my butcher for dogfood. Trim is good for human consumption, basically all the pieces that are too small to make up steaks or roasts, etc. Lots of people use it to make sausage. Maybe I'll have some nice pieces for a stew ;)
I am weirdly exited about it :haha:

Ive never had Kangaroo meat but I would be game to try it! I grew up in the South (USA) and ate a lot of deer meat growing up. As an adult I still prefer it over cow. I used to go to the place that served a lot of different meats at different times of the year but never had Kangaroo. I bet it's good.

Cews, I like deer! Actually I like all the game animals. While they all look pretty in nature, they taste good too. When we lived in the prairies I made friends with a hunting co-worker and through him got to try a nice variety: bear, moose, elk, deer, antelope, mountain goat.. etc they are so wonderful lean!
Turns out kangaroo is all harvested from the wild. They are seen as a neusance over there (worst then the deer that walk through town here attacking dogs and people)...
My delivery arrives today :)

I would try kangaroo. I do love venison!! My dad brought some venison jerky last week:) sorry I'm not here much. I've been eating terribly and ashamed I had been gaining. I'm feeling more committed to eating better now though. I've lost a bit I had gained though :) huge congrats to those losing. Maybe I should make a ticker

I would try kangaroo. I do love venison!! My dad brought some venison jerky last week:) sorry I'm not here much. I've been eating terribly and ashamed I had been gaining. I'm feeling more committed to eating better now though. I've lost a bit I had gained though :) huge congrats to those losing. Maybe I should make a ticker

I have to do something to make me accountable so I am losing with my sister! She is a beast and has lost over 35lbs but she had a lot more to lose than me. I have been using the Noom app and it helps me keep track of weight and calories burned and consumed. Without it I would be a mess. I lost and gained for a good while before using this to track everything. Its really helped!

I have switched it up a bit. Still riding my bike but watching a new show (cold case show on Hulu) and its helped keep my mind off just biking. Right now I am about 12lbs down. My mom is coming to visit next month and I hope to be down to 165ish before she gets here. That gives me about 6 weeks to lose 7/8 lbs. I think that's totally doable.

Well done Cews on the weight loss!! I'm loosing weight sooo slowly, but the good thing is it is down from the start! Things change don't they as you get older, in my 20's I would be in shape in two weeks.

I'm sharing this recipe with you guys, really loved it! It's amazing for those sugar cravings. Still high in calories, but all healthy! Also helps lower the cholesterol, full of antioxidants, fiber... my little one also loves them.

IMG_5875.PNG IMG_5881.PNG

Thanks for the share Luna ^_^ I'll have to try that as my days of eating my weight in cadbury mini eggs comes to a close.

Fluek I too have been gaining weight back and have the weight gain shame :(

I am starting a bet with my MIL on Monday though! First to lose 20lbs wins $100! Think of all the cadbury mini eggs I could buy! :rofl:

Anyway I don't feel entirely ready for a weight loss challenge but I hope it motivates me. Honestly i think I could lose all my weight in the kitchen if I could manage to stop with the sweets.

Hows everyone doing?

Ive been good but today is a cheat day! Im having Lasagna and texas toast! OH MY GOD!!! I cant wait! lol

Currently my weight is 172.9 so Im pretty happy with that. Ive been looking for some new recipes on pinterest and found a few new ones to try. Ill let you know if any of them are really good!

I really want to be at 169 by the end of the month which is achievable and 160 by the end of next month. Im getting close! I know it should happen sooner since I am so close to 169 right now!

What are your short term goals right now?

Oh yummmm texas toast!

My fat ass is officially up to 185.2! That is so sad considering I had gotten down to 175.8...so I've gained 10lbs! It stops now though. My weight loss challenge started today and I also went grocery shopping yesterday. The sweets are gone from my house as well. Baby has begun sleeping in longer stretches so I think it's time to get this weight OFF! This first week will be kind of a test to see if simply taking sugary snacks out of my diet makes a difference.

Well, that and getting some walking in. The weather is finally warming up!

Cews you are doing great! Your goals are totally doable.

My short term goal is to get back into the 170's within 2-3 weeks.

Gigglebox I love the idea of a weight loss challenge! I will try to get partner be part of that as he needs motivation to loose weight too but once he puts his mind to it can do really well.

My goal is to loose 6pounds by the end of the months so no chocolate eggs here... we were building and painting a playhouse for the kiddo so I wasn't in the mood for cooking and we ended up eating unhealthy on the weekend. I don't wanna weight myself to see the damage. Gna try to better this week and exercise a lot.

I tried having celery juice every morning and that was working well, I just find it hard to keep up.

Oh yummmm texas toast!

My fat ass is officially up to 185.2! That is so sad considering I had gotten down to 175.8...so I've gained 10lbs! It stops now though. My weight loss challenge started today and I also went grocery shopping yesterday. The sweets are gone from my house as well. Baby has begun sleeping in longer stretches so I think it's time to get this weight OFF! This first week will be kind of a test to see if simply taking sugary snacks out of my diet makes a difference.

Well, that and getting some walking in. The weather is finally warming up!

Cews you are doing great! Your goals are totally doable.

My short term goal is to get back into the 170's within 2-3 weeks.

Giggle, you have this! I had to cut out sweets and soda to lose the weight and work out 5 days a week. Its working but I do occasionally let myself have something or I would go nuts! I did buy some skinny cow ice cream sandwiches that were pretty good. Just a thought... for my soda I bought flavored sparkling water. Its working so far. With soda I CRAVE that acidic taste so the sparkling water really hits that for me!

I know you can get back to 170's in that time frame. Good luck! I can always be a part of your motivation team! That goes for ALL of you ladies. My little sister and I have been pushing each other and its working for us!

Gigglebox I love the idea of a weight loss challenge! I will try to get partner be part of that as he needs motivation to loose weight too but once he puts his mind to it can do really well.

My goal is to loose 6pounds by the end of the months so no chocolate eggs here... we were building and painting a playhouse for the kiddo so I wasn't in the mood for cooking and we ended up eating unhealthy on the weekend. I don't wanna weight myself to see the damage. Gna try to better this week and exercise a lot.

I tried having celery juice every morning and that was working well, I just find it hard to keep up.

I have to ask what is celery juice? Is it pureed celery or something you buy? Celery is good for weight loss so I read. I like cucumber and lemon water myself. I buy powered lemon from amazon and use that. I found it while I was pregnant since I suffered from HG with both pregnancies and it helped me keep liquid down and helped a little with the nausea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->