A msg about modesty

For me it was the tone of it that really bothered me. Like how would a child at that age understand and know something to be sexual? Of course I don't mean that I totally censor myself about my daughter, I'll say things to my husband as well that are probably kinda cheeky :blush:

But the difference is that my daughter has NO idea that my words are meant in that context. Granted she's in the process of being diagnosed with Autism so she doesn't normally "get" those things anyways... but I'd say the same for my friends kiddos too.

Am I the only one who thinks it a bit off that a 2.5 year old understands sexual intention? :flower: That's how the OP came across to me as, lol.

Nope, I think it's extremely weird for anyone to think a child is capable of understanding anything sexual. It's for exactly that reason that children are taken advantage of, because they're innocent and don't understand.
I'm willing to bet the boy in the original post just made the connection between leggings and hearing someone comment on a "nice butt" in similar leggings (if that even happened, perhaps the person on Facebook that the OP was quoting was just so outraged and seeing leggings that they started exaggerating things?) and thought that was just the cool thing to say?

I'm so weirded out that people are so overly analytical about things that they see (or hear about someone else seeing) about children they don't know.

Nope, I think it's extremely weird for anyone to think a child is capable of understanding anything sexual. It's for exactly that reason that children are taken advantage of, because they're innocent and don't understand.
I'm willing to bet the boy in the original post just made the connection between leggings and hearing someone comment on a "nice butt" in similar leggings (if that even happened, perhaps the person on Facebook that the OP was quoting was just so outraged and seeing leggings that they started exaggerating things?) and thought that was just the cool thing to say?

I'm so weirded out that people are so overly analytical about things that they see (or hear about someone else seeing) about children they don't know.

That's a forum for you! Its full of opinions about people's kids whom most have never met. :rofl:

For me it was the tone of it that really bothered me. Like how would a child at that age understand and know something to be sexual? Of course I don't mean that I totally censor myself about my daughter, I'll say things to my husband as well that are probably kinda cheeky :blush:

But the difference is that my daughter has NO idea that my words are meant in that context. Granted she's in the process of being diagnosed with Autism so she doesn't normally "get" those things anyways... but I'd say the same for my friends kiddos too.

Am I the only one who thinks it a bit off that a 2.5 year old understands sexual intention? :flower: That's how the OP came across to me as, lol.

To be fair that was my first thought as to whether she was exaggerating or not, I don't know, I just find it hard to believe that that kind of language in that context came from a small boy of that age? :shrug:

I think that like you say she was probally herself 'outraged' by how the little girls were dressed and by writing a status like she did, she expected the majority to agree with her.

To add though, if the little boy did say what was claimed I would be looking as to where he had heard it from because, if he had said it in the context that was stated in the OP then I do agree that something just doesn't sit right with me iykwim?

:flower:

I've been watching my 5 year old niece and I don't think she'd understand the sexual intentions let alone my nearly 27 month old!

This is like "slut shaming" or "rape blaming" for babies. The mom of the boy who passes the blame to the mother of the girls for what her son said is the mom who will someday blame a women for being in a situation to be raped by her son because she was "dressed provocatively". Vicious cycle.

Neither of my kids would come out with something like that...if my little boy had seen her and made any kind of comment about her bum...he wouldn have said something like "poo poo comes from bums mummy!"

He would not mention about wanting to touch it.

Again its up to each own on what they and there children wear. DD wears leggings, as do I. They are part of the fashion and quite normal IMO :shrug:

I've been watching my 5 year old niece and I don't think she'd understand the sexual intentions let alone my nearly 27 month old!

This is like "slut shaming" or "rape blaming" for babies. The mom of the boy who passes the blame to the mother of the girls for what her son said is the mom who will someday blame a women for being in a situation to be raped by her son because she was "dressed provocatively". Vicious cycle.

Absolutely!

I would be mortified if my son came out with that at any age tbh :s

Lol I'd be quite impressed my two and a half yr old could talk so well.... Maybe mines behind though.

If he did say that though I'd be more worried about where he'd picked it up from

Hmmm, maybe the person who originally posted this on facebook was indeed the one thinking these things? I find it hard to believe a 2 year old would say something like that. Maybe to notice the little girl had a butt, yes. But to say that it was nice and he wanted to touch it? And then she bought him a toy car? Really?

Anyhoo, it sounds to me like these girls were dressed modestly. They had tanks layered with tees, and quite honestly, it sounds exactly the way my 4 year old daughter dresses. Leggings are comfortable and easy. If my daughter wants to wear a short skirt, leggings come in handy for that as well. Now, I don't like to see girls dressed older than their age either. I have seen plenty of little ones with short shorts (butt cheeks hanging out), or those spaghetti strap tanks that are very low cut for a little girl. But the girls in this example just don't sound like there's anything wrong with it.

Sounds like a load to stir things up. If it is real (doubtful) then the mum should be seeking help for her son as it sounds like he has been exposed to innapropriate ideas. I am not going to dress my daughters in burkas just so a perverted man (or 2 year old?) cant see human shape. Good grief!

This child is raised a strict Jewish. He has seen 1/2 hour of tv in his whole life. So where he go it, who knows.
But no, little girls should NOT be able to wear tight leggings that hug their ass, unless a shirt covers it. Just because they are young, doesn't mean they should get to run around dressed like sluts.
And yes, butt-hugging tights are slutty. On anyone.

This is my friend's response:
"He's 2 1/2, does not watch television, movies, go to daycare, etc. what IS going on, is he is very curious about bodies now. Especially girl bodies. The curiosity is completely normal for his stage of development. And since he is a very verbal child, his ability to articulate that he wanted to touch the girls butt falls in line with his learning curve as well. And I'm assuming it is the biological imperative of being a male coupled with being exclusively breast fed - but the kid is hung up on boobies as well - to the point where I don't take him into the family locker room at the YMCA when the teenage swim team is in there because his stares make them so uncomfortable. The point of the anecdote that I shared is that when little girls dress to emphasize a body part and it draws the attention of even a little toddler (not ever to imply it was sexualized attention) the style of dress is going to also demand the attention of grown men - and THAT attention will most likely be sexualized."

wow.
Now I'm convinced this woman made this up.

This child is raised a strict Jewish. He has seen 1/2 hour of tv in his whole life. So where he go it, who knows.
But no, little girls should NOT be able to wear tight leggings that hug their ass, unless a shirt covers it. Just because they are young, doesn't mean they should get to run around dressed like sluts.

"He's 2 1/2, does not watch television, movies, go to daycare, etc. what IS going on, is he is very curious about bodies now. Especially girl bodies. The curiosity is completely normal for his stage of development. And since he is a very verbal child, his ability to articulate that he wanted to touch the girls butt falls in line with his learning curve as well. And I'm assuming it is the biological imperative of being a male coupled with being exclusively breast fed - but the kid is hung up on boobies as well - to the point where I don't take him into the family locker room at the YMCA when the teenage swim team is in there because his stares make them so uncomfortable. The point of the anecdote that I shared is that when little girls dress to emphasize a body part and it draws the attention of even a little toddler (not ever to imply it was sexualized attention) the style of dress is going to also demand the attention of grown men - and THAT attention will most likely be sexualized."

Nice to see you think my 3.5 year old daughter is slutty. Guess what? She was wearing a shirt with leggings today. She looked cute and age appropriate - not a slut.

IMHO: Anyone who thinks that a child can look slutty has some serious effin' issues. :nope: I have to say I doubt the validity as well. :haha:

Is this a joke or something?

You come in here and talk about how 5 year old girls are dressed like "sluts"?

wow.
Now I'm convinced this woman made this up.

Hate to say it but ditto.

Nice to see you think my 3.5 year old daughter is slutty. Guess what? She was wearing a shirt with leggings today. She looked cute and age appropriate - not a slut.

Don't feel bad hun my 2.5y/o son is currently in bed at his dad's wearing stretchy leggings, (they are very - let's say 'figure-hugging' as they're a bit small and all his other pyjamas are in the wash) - he's clearly a slut too :lol:

I am wondering if the OP made this up. Get a life! More than half the world are sluts then...and you are a narrow minded, judgmental person who needs a lesson in manners (and clothing attire).

OP - get a grip!

Sorry, but having raised 3 girls, AND in the process of raising my 4th, I can categorically say that my children ARE NOT and DO NOT look like sluts in leggings! Are you also saying that ballerinas in tight leotards are also sluts?

In fact, I truly believe that either you or your 'friend' have made the whole thing up!!

To say that
"I'm assuming it is the biological imperative of being a male coupled with being exclusively breast fed"
is the reason why he is 'obsessed with boobies' and why a 2.5yr old has (apparently) said he wanted to touch a girls butt is just beyond belief.

Oh, and one other thing. Having (again, apparently) not watched more than half hour of TV in his whole life and being able to come out with such things makes me wonder what he is being exposed to at home! I studied child development, and I studied Sigmund Freud & Erik Erikson (along with others) and I cannot recall anywhere where it states that any of what your 'friend' has said is 'normal childhood development' (if it did indeed happen in the first place!)

Just my opinion, of course!

Just because they are young, doesn't mean they should get to run around dressed like sluts.

That's a very bold statement! But I assure you my 5 year old daughter is no slut. Leggings/tights are in style right now, and they're comfy and easy for younger girls to put on by themselves.

If this story is even true, then perhaps that little boy should be seen by a mental health care professional? While curiosity about bodies and how they differ is normal, I don't think being obsessed with butts and boobs and staring to the point of making someone uncomfortable, or wanting and trying to touch all the time is very normal.:blush:

I'm still disturbed by this statement... and it's the next day! :shock:
I hope this is only the view of extremely conservative people and not the general population because that means I've been walking around like a giant slut this whole time. They've kinda become my uniform since being on mat leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->