A msg about modesty

Kat541

New Mom 9/5/12
Reaction score
This is from my friend's fb post:

"Moms of little girls might want to listen to this one: I am in line at the store with my son - mind you, my 2 1/2 year old son. There is a mom and three little girls in front of us in line. I am guessing their ages to range between 5 and 8. They are all wearing similar outfits: striped tees layered over tanks, ugg-like boots of varying colors and heights and leggings. The fit of the clothes left very little to the imagination. As I was mentally judging the mother for letting her young daughters wear such clothing, my son interrupted my thoughts, "Everybody has a butt?" he asked loudly - his gazed transfixed on the derrière of the youngest girl. "Yes [son]. Everybody has a butt AND a nose AND toes AND a head..." I answered, hoping to change the subject. "That girl has a nice butt" [son] continued on - not to be deterred from the subject at hand. At this point the mom turned around to look at us and all I could give her was a withering smile. "Momma" [son] shook the handle of the cart to regain my attention, "I want to touch that girls butt....". At that point I left the line and took my toddler to the toy isle to pick out a car. All I can say is if a 2 1/2 year old boy can't tear his eyes off a little girl's leggings-shrink-wrapped rear then there's probably plenty of nasty old pervs who feel the same way. I don't care if it's what's in "style" - dress your kids modestly!"

UPDATE:
This child is raised a strict Jewish. He has seen 1/2 hour of tv in his whole life. So where he go it, who knows.
But no, little girls should NOT be able to wear tight leggings that hug their ass, unless a shirt covers it. Just because they are young, doesn't mean they should get to run around dressed like sluts.
And yes, butt-hugging tights are slutty. On anyone.

This is my friend's response:
"He's 2 1/2, does not watch television, movies, go to daycare, etc. what IS going on, is he is very curious about bodies now. Especially girl bodies. The curiosity is completely normal for his stage of development. And since he is a very verbal child, his ability to articulate that he wanted to touch the girls butt falls in line with his learning curve as well. And I'm assuming it is the biological imperative of being a male coupled with being exclusively breast fed - but the kid is hung up on boobies as well - to the point where I don't take him into the family locker room at the YMCA when the teenage swim team is in there because his stares make them so uncomfortable. The point of the anecdote that I shared is that when little girls dress to emphasize a body part and it draws the attention of even a little toddler (not ever to imply it was sexualized attention) the style of dress is going to also demand the attention of grown men - and THAT attention will most likely be sexualized."

THAT was the point behind the post. And have any of you seen this South Park?: https://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s08e12-stupid-spoiled-whore-video-playset

I really do not know what to say, but should you not be teaching your son some manners and some discipline?

Tring to be polite!!!

I really do not know what to say, but should you not be teaching your son some manners and some discipline?

Tring to be polite!!!

Sorry missed this bit

"This is from my friend's fb post:"

Your friend needs to correct her son!

Mums of little 2 1/2 year old boys also need to wonder why their son is thinking those things at that age?!

although, going with the point of the fb status, I do agree that sometimes girls are dressed way above their age.

as if a 2 1/2 year old boy would say he wanted to touch a girl like that! this is disgusting.

:shock:

I think it's the little boy who needs teaching some manners, not taken to the toy section to get a reward for saying that! Little girls should be able to wear leggings ffs!

I agree with the others, it is that boys parents that need to be teaching him the manners.

I seriously cannot belive that a 2.5 year old would be saying them kinds of things though, I mean a 'nice butt' and 'I want to touch that girls butt'. Either I think your friend is completly exaggerating or, If I was her and he really did say that I would be seriously considering where he had heard and learnt that from.

And as above, girls should be able to wear leggings without anyone judging either them or their mothers, its not like she took them down to the local shops naked. :wacko:

All I can say is if a 2 1/2 year old boy can't tear his eyes off a little girl's leggings-shrink-wrapped rear then there's probably plenty of nasty old pervs who feel the same way. I don't care if it's what's in "style" - dress your kids modestly!"

I'd say the problem lies more in the 2.5 year old son than in the girls clothing. :shock: At that age children tend to mimic what they hear from adults... perhaps they should be taking a very hard look at how people act in front of women around their son.

:nope: Just my 2.5 cents.

A 2.5 year old little boy wants to touch a girls butt because it looks nice WTH????

I have a 4 year old son and to him a butt is for pooping from and not for touching, am I missing something here or are there 2 year old "babies" that understand things like this ??

Wow, what a messed up mother- her toddler is making inappropriate comments and instead of questioning where he has learnt them she criticises children for wearing leggings?? She sounds vile to be honest- her comments make it sound almost as if she is justifying paedophilia because of children wearing "provocative" clothing. They are young girls, there is nothing sexual in what they're wearing, leggings are comfortable, easy to move and play in. They are children.

It's not the little girl's clothes that are the problem chick, it's the boy's parents, what the hell are they teaching him that he's going around talking like that?

Only one thing disgusts me about this and it isn't the little girl's butt :dohh:

wow,i am almost speechless.
where the hell does a two and half yr old leard to say this???
how dare the mother question what the girls where wearing-it was leggins and a tshirt for f-sake.

to the op,what was ur response to ur friend?

I hate seeing little girls in skimpy clothes and clothes with motifs on the bum.. they're just asking for people to look at them!.... TBF I hate seeing them on women too! I know many disagree but I think leggings are skimpy, esp when worn with just a t-shirt! It's like people have forgotten to put their skirt/shorts on!!!

I was also shocked at the little boy's response! My DS is nearly 3 and he thinks bottoms are for pooping.... It is highly inapropriate that this little boy talks this way!

I hate seeing little girls in skimpy clothes and clothes with motifs on the bum.. they're just asking for people to look at them!.... TBF I hate seeing them on women too! I know many disagree but I think leggings are skimpy, esp when worn with just a t-shirt! It's like people have forgotten to put their skirt/shorts on!!!

I was also shocked at the little boy's response! My DS is nearly 3 and he thinks bottoms are for pooping.... It is highly inapropriate that this little boy talks this way!

no way are little girls asking to be looked at.

WTF :shock:

As above, no little girls ask to be looked at.
Seriously anyone would think the women had taken them down to the shops pratically half naked, it was leggings and a T-shirt. :wacko: All 3 of my girls 2, 4 and 8 wear leggings and not for one minute do they look skimpy or are asking for people to be looking at them.

I'm not saying they're asking to look at them because they have leggings on!.... I just think they're skimpy on girls or women or men or whoever!!!.... But I also think skinny jeans are skimpy! :shrug:

I am saying though.... I hate seeing girls and women and men!! with trousers on with motifs on the bottom... why have something writen on your arse, like "juicy" if you don't want people to look and read it! Of course people are going to look and read it!!!..... I'm not saying the girls are asking for it but surely their parents should think twice before putting them on their children!!!

I'd be disgusted if my 2.5 year old son said that! my daughter wears leggings and a t shirt all the time and she's not "asking for it".

Leggings and skinny jeans skimpy? Seriously? I'm glad I don't have a daughter because I would have the most "provocative" child ever, I see nothing wrong with skinny jeans or leggings, leggings are comfortable and skinny jeans at least don't look like someone crapped themselves. Not my fault pedophiles exist, I should be censoring children because of this?
I don't think either parent of the original post are "vile". Kids just like to mimic adults, one saw an adult dressed like that, the other heard someone say something about a "nice butt", we need to get over ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->