A much more "crampier" pregnancy than my first

marigold91

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My first pregnancy was about 5.5 years ago, so it's possible I'm just not remembering properly, but this pregnancy seems way more "crampy" to me. I know it's most likely just stretching pains as I'm just now transitioning from 1st tri to 2nd, (I'm not concerned about miscarrying or anything), but I just don't remember feeling this with my first.

It seems to get worse with any sort of activity, however moderate. I just wonder if that means I should take it easy (ok, yesterday I stripped the sheets off the bed and then was crampy - how could I take it any easier than that?!). What are your thoughts?

I was told my my OB that subsequent pregnancies hurt worse than the one before, it's your uterus moving about and growing. I feel you, my DD was 5 years ago and I'm feeling *quite literally* your pain.

Nope, you're not forgetting, they get worse with each one, this is my 3rd and there have been several times where I seriously thought I must be miscarrying!

I am a lot crampier this time around. I've had some really weird pains!

I can relate to everyone here! Weird pains that are even stabbing at times and just plain hurt feeling all the time! But baby is good so I'll deal with it!

Huh! Didn't know it was so common in subsequent pregnancies! You'd think it would be worse the first time around since the uterus is being stretched for the first time, etc... Thanks for sharing your experiences though, at least i know I'm not the only one!

Do you guys notice yours is related to any activity? Do you continue activities like normal? If I stopped doing something every time I got crampy, nothing would ever get done!

This is my first pregnancy that has gotten this far (I've had two early losses) so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have been really crampy since hitting 20 weeks. I can feel baby kicking away, and everything was perfectly normal at our 20 week scan so I'm not worried, but I feel like like I'm going to get my period a lot of the time! I also hurt myself sitting up in bed this morning! I have to remember to roll to the side and not try to sit straight up!

Huh! Didn't know it was so common in subsequent pregnancies! You'd think it would be worse the first time around since the uterus is being stretched for the first time, etc... Thanks for sharing your experiences though, at least i know I'm not the only one!

Do you guys notice yours is related to any activity? Do you continue activities like normal? If I stopped doing something every time I got crampy, nothing would ever get done!

Yes but not always, I can get weird crampy pains out of no where but there are definitely times when my body is telling me I've done too much, yesterday was one of those days and I sure regretted it, after about 3 hours worth of shopping (boring shopping not fun shopping lol) and then coming home and tidying up and then preparing and cooking on the grill for my dh birthday, my back was killing me and I had some pretty intense cramping. Dh was a little upset with me for doing so much but I wanted to make it special for him.

Man I'm only 5 weeks in and am already crampier! With dd I had zero cramping the entire pregnancy. My nurse told me 1) I got very lucky and 2) subsequent pregnancies hurt worse. Oh the joys.

Same here! My son is 5 and I don't remember having cramping with him at all past the first couple of weeks. This pregnancy I have been super crampy the whole time. I asked doc and he said it was just stretching and nothing to worry about. Guess it's the whole subsequent pregnancy thing. I've stopped worrying about it but it surely is a nuisance. :)

This is my 5th pregnancy and most definitely my crampiest. They've been so bad I had convinced myself I might be miscarrying, but I have a drink and it helps ease off. I find mine come on most when we're really busy at work, and I already work in a fast paced environment so when we get really busy and I move more, that's when they tend to be the worst. Cramps also happen because of dehydration, so try some water when they come on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->