a newbie - help with leaks

MrsD

Reaction score
Hello all!

My little man is 3.5 weeks old and I'm joining the reusable club! :thumbup: I'm having a few problems with leaks and was after some advice.

I'm using Cotton Bottom nappies, I'm changing them every 2 hours and they are soaked and have often leaked. I'm making sure that the actual flat nappy bit is very well tucked inside the waterproof nappy wrap.

He was in the newborn size which i could barely do up (they kept popping open!) So I've moved up to small (he's 10lb) could it be these are too loose?

It seems like he leaks out the legs, the wraps don't have any sort of gussett do you think that could be the problem? If it is is there anyway I can sort it?

Do some babies suit some nappies better than others? Do I need to change him more?

Sorry sooo many questions!

hello and welcome to the club!

It sounds to me like he's not quite fitting in them right if it's leaking at the legs, I have found this before especially in my BTP when LO has been between sizes. You are right though, some nappies do work better for others and some don't. There's various reasons for this, your babies size and shape, the way you put them on, how much they wee etc etc. Did you only ever buy this kind of nappy? Might be worth trying some different ones and seeing how you get on or maybe experimenting with different folds tho tbh i think its the wrap fitting rther than the prefold.

Sorry my stupid A button is sticking so plz ignore my spelling!

Thanks for the response, I think you're right he is between sizes, I have mainly cotton bottoms but a few other sorts, the ones with the added leg gusset thingys seems to work better, although i've figured out that I probably wasn't fastening the nappies tight enough, I was scared I would squash the skin on his legs, now I know I can do them up fairly snuggly with no ill effects on my man and less leaks. I think it's trial and error until you get used to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->