A question about Hormonal Migraines

SarahxLynn

TTC for #1
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So my husband and I just started cycle 3 of our TTC journey. Last month, I suffered from really bad headaches, which I know are attributed to the hormones during my AF. I managed to get through it with Tylenol and very few problems When I was younger, I would occasionally get them during that time. Whenever I started taking BCP, they stopped. Since we are TTC, I'm not on them anymore.

This month has been completely different. Since Thursday I have felt my headaches getting gradually worse. On Friday, I ended up having to call into work due to nausea. Then Saturday I almost decided to go to the Urgent Care in order to get some medication to handle the pain and Nausea. Instead, I took left over pain medicine from when I had surgery. This also included medicine to help dizziness.

Well on Sunday I felt better, but took it easy in order to give myself some time to heal. Well, today I went back to work and discovered that it was a terrible mistake. I can now feel the migraine creeping back. I plan on making an appointment with my Pcp, but I was just wondering if any of you ladies experienced something similar.

If you did, did you find a way to manage them without having to get a prescription drug? I would rather find a natural way to relieve the pain.

I am a chronic migraine sufferer. Hormones and environmental issues set them off (for example not getting enough sleep or getting too much sleep). I actually found my migraines got BETTER once I was pregnant. I had them quite a bit in the very beginning of pregnancy when my hormones were all out of whack and used Tylenol and a cold compress to keep them at bay, but then once my hormones leveled out I felt much, much better. Also the migraines lessened a bit after having a baby. At least this was my personal experience... it may differ from person to person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->