A question for the future?

JessyG

cautiously pregnant #1
Reaction score
I have to return to work when Bella is 8.5 months old in May. I hope to return 3 days a week. My oh has his days off midweek so he will watch her then and she will most likely go to nursery the other day.

My question to those to have 8/9 month olds....how many naps does your lo have and how much awake time before you put them down?

I know they are all differebt but I just want an idea as my oh has never really looked after B on his own for more than an hour. Atm she has approx 4/5 naps of around 30-50 mins and sleeps 7-7 at night with one night feed.

Also we intend to start a mixture of traditional and blw at 6 months so how many meals is your lo on at 8/9 months. again just so i sort of know roughly as i will prob have to prepare a lot of this stuff in advance.

Thanks!

At 8 or so months, Paige still had maybe 3/4 naps during the day. She was a terrible sleeper at night though and her naps were only short (30/40mins.) At 10mths, she was in a better routibe with 3 naps, 2 naps at 13mths and 1 nap at 18mths.

We did blw, and she would have breakfast, lunch and dinner although wouldnt alwayd eat much. We still offered it although lunch was usually snacky type foods as opposed to a proper meal x

Only 1 nap at 8-9months but that is all she ever had since she was about 2months :wacko:!

Food wise she was eating three meals a day at 9months (I think) but as it was BLW she could eat as much or as little as she fancied or just play with it. She was still having bm 5 x during the day.

At 8 or so months, Paige still had maybe 3/4 naps during the day. She was a terrible sleeper at night though and her naps were only short (30/40mins.) At 10mths, she was in a better routibe with 3 naps, 2 naps at 13mths and 1 nap at 18mths.

We did blw, and she would have breakfast, lunch and dinner although wouldnt alwayd eat much. We still offered it although lunch was usually snacky type foods as opposed to a proper meal x

Thanks! thats helpful to know. oh and how many bottles was she on at that age? I will still have to wash steralise bottles as he is not too great at all that so i just hope shes down to 3/4. she is currently on 5.

Only 1 nap at 8-9months but that is all she ever had since she was about 2months :wacko:!

Food wise she was eating three meals a day at 9months (I think) but as it was BLW she could eat as much or as little as she fancied or just play with it. She was still having bm 5 x during the day.

Oh really one nap at 2 months! you must be exhausted!

Oh really one nap at 2 months! you must be exhausted!

It was awful - there were some days where she wouldn't sleep at all...she was a mess with overtiredness and I spent a fortune on petrol driving round for hours on end trying to replicate a nap she once had in the car, then wheeling her round the park in the pram because she once did that too!!!

I think her eczema was worse than I realised and she just couldn't sleep because of the itching. Finally got her in to a routine of one regular nap in the sling at 5 months but she fought the second one soooooooooooo hard that I gave up!

Sorry hi-jacked that a bit....

no not at all. u thought i struggled to get B to sleep but she had a 45 min nap this morn and 2 hrs over lunch. she was a terrible sleeper prior to 3 months.

I want to have her in a predictable routine for when my oh looks after her. not sure how realistic that is!

no not at all. u thought i struggled to get B to sleep but she had a 45 min nap this morn and 2 hrs over lunch. she was a terrible sleeper prior to 3 months.

I want to have her in a predictable routine for when my oh looks after her. not sure how realistic that is!

My almost 7 month old is on 2 naps a day. Can't see him dropping to 1 in the next few months... They tend to do that around one (obviously all babies are different). Food Wise it depends on you. My son is already on 3 meals a day as was my first. We do traditional weaning.

thanks, 2 naps a day would be good as i think my oh could deal with that! he is a chef so you would think he could make food for her to eat but i can tell hes nervous about it!

At 8-9 months my eldest was eating 3 meals a day, had 2 naps and had 5 7oz bottles of formula. 1 bottle with each meal and 2 evening bottles. Milk should be main source of nutrition until 1 so really bottles shouldn't change. He dropped to 1 nap at 10 months the dropped them totally by 17/18 months.

shes on 5 7oz bottles atm but sometimes will only take 5oz and still go 4 hrs until her next feed so i dont think shes a super hungry baby. shes getting better at self settling and can do it at night and even for the occassional nap but she still needs to be swaddled to sleep which i am trying to wean her off! only a v light swaddle for naps so she can move her arms.

My lo is 8 months. She has 2 naps totalling 3 hours (normally 2 hours in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon but can vary). She's generally awake between 3 and 4 hours. She doesn't sleep well at night though. She has 3 meals and we are just starting to introduce snacks but we do blw so she doesn't eat much each time. She has 3 bottles during the day and one during the night.

2 naps, 2hrs in morning and 1hr in afternoon. he went down to 2 naps at 7 months :)

Both of mine were on 2 naps a day with an awake time of 2-2.5 hours. So if awake at 7am, first nap would be at 9am. Awake at 11am, asleep at 1:30pm, awake at 4pm, in bed by 6:30pm.

Sophie is able to have long naps though, she's always been an epic napper. A lot of babies this age have 2 medium length naps and then a 30 minute catnap to get them through to bedtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->