A question.........

babycakes76

Reaction score
about baby rice.....

I think Seb might be nearly ready to be weaned...he is waking more in the night however i do want to wait til he is nearer 6 months (but am prepared to start earlier if need be).
I have just switched to hungry baby formula to see if that satisfy him more.
He is 18 weeks old.

The question is:
How much rice do you put in a 7ozs bottle of milk, i want to try it this way first rather than on a spoon if i am going to have to start early weaning.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

I think this weaning malarky is confusing!!!

I think the general concensus is not to add rice to milk, use hungry baby milk and if thats not enough then give baby rice as a 'solid' not disguised as milk.
The whole point of weaning is to teach your baby how to eat so i think a spoon is best idea, if he won't take a spoon try letting him take it off a clean finger.

Yeah you really should never add rice to the bottle as it can be a choking hazard and also they don't realize they are taking in more and it can cause them to overeat. IF you have to start this early I would do it from a spoon only. But do keep in mind that around that age is a big growth spurt, anywhere from 3-4mo and it might just be that causing him to wake and need more. I'd try sticking it out awhile longer and see if he goes back to normal

Agree with what the others say. Think would be safer to try him with it off a spoon. :)

i'd agree with everyone else in suggesting that you use a spoon instead of adding it into the bottle. :)

i will add that it is so much fun to watch LO eat with his little spoon and react to the different new tastes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->