a rant: grrr why the snobbery about birth?!

As for a c-section the baby is all off a sudden born - personally I would get a bit more of a shock if someone opened up the roof of my house and picked me up then if I left through the front door. :)

haha brilliant !
I agree though, if you go into labour naturally then the baby is ready to be born. Imagine being all cosy in the womb sleeping away and then whoosh all of a sudden your taken out !

I have noticed a huge difference between the behavior of babies in the home births I have seen and the hospital births. The HB babies all seemed so much calmer and way more alert. The hospital babies are red and screaming and shaking. I think a lot of it has to do with the environment. Hospitals are cold and bright where at home it is warmer and usually the lights are lower.
Plus if a woman has a great support system around her, then her stress levels are going to be sooo much lower. And so what if she is vocal during birth, that is actually good, she won't be holding her breath and it will help her relax as well. It is only those around her that might see it as being bad, but it is actually a good coping techique. It is only natural to want to eliminate the pain of someone near and dear to us. As for me, I plan to be vocal. My DH is already preparing himself for being called many dirty names. :)

I have noticed a huge difference between the behavior of babies in the home births I have seen and the hospital births. The HB babies all seemed so much calmer and way more alert. The hospital babies are red and screaming and shaking. I think a lot of it has to do with the environment. Hospitals are cold and bright where at home it is warmer and usually the lights are lower.
Plus if a woman has a great support system around her, then her stress levels are going to be sooo much lower. And so what if she is vocal during birth, that is actually good, she won't be holding her breath and it will help her relax as well. It is only those around her that might see it as being bad, but it is actually a good coping techique. It is only natural to want to eliminate the pain of someone near and dear to us. As for me, I plan to be vocal. My DH is already preparing himself for being called many dirty names. :)

Be as vocal as you want hon, it works wonders! I was doing low loud moans and there was quite a bit of yelling :blush: but I honestly think it helped me through the contractions. They kept telling me to breath and I completely ignored them as it felt natural to do what I was doing. I'm sure I scared everyone outside though lol! I was really really loud but meh. I'm giving birth here! not a day at the spa :rofl:

is baby not also affected by the stress and screaming? I dunno, just a thought. I wouldnt fancy being squeezed through a small hole and listening to screams and feeling stress for 32 hours.

If you do research on natural birth you will learn that most mothers don't scream like on the movies. If you do feel the need to make noise, usually it's a lot lower grunt, growling type of noise rather than screaming. Birthing isn't like it looks like on t.v. and movies.

Be as vocal as you want hon, it works wonders! I was doing low loud moans and there was quite a bit of yelling :blush: but I honestly think it helped me through the contractions. They kept telling me to breath and I completely ignored them as it felt natural to do what I was doing. I'm sure I scared everyone outside though lol! I was really really loud but meh. I'm giving birth here! not a day at the spa :rofl:

:rofl: Damn right!

i feel so angry when i had my twins 5 yrs ago no one told me that having a c section would affect my future pregnancy's and after my c section i was told i could of had them naturally now im poopin my self with things my mid wife has said like my scar perforating above the old scar line and i cant have my baby at home plus docs might get me to have yet another c section and there is no way unless my baby was in danger would i have this done i think we believe to much our doctors say i wish i had researched c sections before having one i feel so gutted at the min and let down sorry rant over :cry:

Hun, the risk of scar rupture is 0.5%. There are a whole lot of other things that are more likely to go wrong than that. Also, some women do go on to have home VBACs - I'm planning one myself for next time lol! check out www.homebirth.org.uk for a lot of info about VBACs both at home and in hospital.

Hun, the risk of scar rupture is 0.5%. There are a whole lot of other things that are more likely to go wrong than that. Also, some women do go on to have home VBACs - I'm planning one myself for next time lol! check out www.homebirth.org.uk for a lot of info about VBACs both at home and in hospital.

thanks hun lookin now thanks so much

well i have had 5 babies and am hopefully having number 6 anyday
i ahd an epi with number 1 and the next 4 with no pain meds at all and you no what i am not better then anyone i was just lucky,i was also induced 4 times and lover it my only spontanious birth was great aswell but very fast 28mins so a little scarey an i went into shock and had a pph ok all my births were quick but maybe because i knew it was comming i dont know,but my best friend has had all her babies by c/s and her kids are all healthy and happy,my sister went through 4 days of labour determind to do it with out pain meds she became so tired that she ended up with a high forseps delivery and a spinal block and dont tell me she didnt try i was there and she went through hell and then felt like a total failure for what,with this bub things could be differant he is breech and while i know that i usually handel labour well maybe not this time and i will take whatever drugs i feel i need and know that i did what i could i dont want a c/s because they scare me not because i think there wrong so doing this vaginally will probably be hard so im taking it as it comes,all my kids are healthy and happy were all born in a hospital and as for screaming babies mine were just fine i think 1 was screaming but hay she has been that way now for 13 years so just her personality i think lol.
always remember no mother ever tries to put there baby at risk and you need to do what is best for you be that a c/s ,drugs ,drugs and more drugs or an induction or totally natural we will be mothers that the end goal and so long as those choices are made with love tell everyone else to get over it and mind there own busness mother hood is the most guilt ridden job in the world give yourself a break

If you do research on natural birth you will learn that most mothers don't scream like on the movies. If you do feel the need to make noise, usually it's a lot lower grunt, growling type of noise rather than screaming. Birthing isn't like it looks like on t.v. and movies.

I did :rofl: in fact the woman next door screaming made me wanna leave & change my mind.... whoever was on the other side when I went probably actually did try & leave :rofl:

I don't think Tinytoes was passing judgement on ANYONE other than those small minority who do look down on other peoples choices & those who are not proud of themselves (we all should be its a wonderful experience) but think their better than the best mate or the next door neighbour because they did it 'that way'. I see what shes saying.

i feel so angry when i had my twins 5 yrs ago no one told me that having a c section would affect my future pregnancy's and after my c section i was told i could of had them naturally now im poopin my self with things my mid wife has said like my scar perforating above the old scar line and i cant have my baby at home plus docs might get me to have yet another c section and there is no way unless my baby was in danger would i have this done i think we believe to much our doctors say i wish i had researched c sections before having one i feel so gutted at the min and let down sorry rant over :cry:

You have every right to have the birth you want, they will probley go against a homebirth due to your previous section but dont let anyone put you off if you really want a homebirth. When i was pregnant second time round my consultant said he would rather i had my baby in hospital due to my previous c-section and the risk of rupture. However as marley has already said the risk is very small and i went on to have a successful vbac.

Oh and im with wobbles on the screaming...i screamed the place down !!!! lmao!

i plan to have a natural birth but have a open mind about needing drugs or a c section. i havent made a birth plan and plan to take each stage as it comes. if for mine or the babies sake i need any intervention then i am willing to take it. i feel everyone has thier own personal choice to make and i personally wouldnt treat any new mother differnently i think all women are amazing to produce such amazing new life.x

As for a c-section the baby is all off a sudden born - personally I would get a bit more of a shock if someone opened up the roof of my house and picked me up then if I left through the front door. :)

it's either this or being woken up and forced to leave the house by the tiny cat flap and potentially listening to a soundtrack of scary moaning and screams at the same time...
I dont fancy being the baby in either...poor little mites!:rofl:

I'm all for natural birth. I personally (speaking for myself no one else) hate drugs in labour because it does have an affect on the baby. I think more women need to be informed and educated about the choices they make while in labour. I really dislike it when people have non medical c-section, just because they do not want to damage down there. And I do not think it makes you and less a woman for having a c-section. Natural birth Mamas get as much crap as c-section mamas. I do all the time, the same comments even though I've had children. No one is better for doing it either way. I don't think c-sections should be a choice unless medical, people may not agree but that's what I think. Epidurals scare me; though I'm scared of needles that's why I try and avoid them.

I support the womens choice as long as it is educated. :)

Did you know, you can have a VBAC? The scaring from a c-section heals just as quickly as any other cut? It's perfectly safe to have a VBAC and most hospitals support them. Go out and talk to as many women who have had VBAC's and maybe they may teach you something that books can not :) As for a home-birth, it is doable, you just need to find a midwife to support you.

Did you know, you can have a VBAC? The scaring from a c-section heals just as quickly as any other cut? It's perfectly safe to have a VBAC and most hospitals support them. Go out and talk to as many women who have had VBAC's and maybe they may teach you something that books can not :) As for a home-birth, it is doable, you just need to find a midwife to support you.

I agree, it used to be 'once a c-section always a c-section' but thats not the case and many hospitals support VBAC. My consultsant was all for my choice when i said i wanted a VBAC and even encouraged it before i mentioned it ! The hospital was very supportive too :)

I agree, it used to be 'once a c-section always a c-section' but thats not the case and many hospitals support VBAC. My consultsant was all for my choice when i said i wanted a VBAC and even encouraged it before i mentioned it ! The hospital was very supportive too :)

I'm lucky, where I live all the hospitals are pro VBAC if it's possible!!! :happydance:

It's a choice thing. Me, personally, I plan on pushing my babies out of my vag and being drugged out of my mind while I do it, thank you very much. So would love for us to have a natural, drug-free birth, but i don't see any kids comming out of his hoo-haa, so he can jsut shove it :rofl:

It's a choice thing. Me, personally, I plan on pushing my babies out of my vag and being drugged out of my mind while I do it, thank you very much. So would love for us to have a natural, drug-free birth, but i don't see any kids comming out of his hoo-haa, so he can jsut shove it :rofl:

hahahahhaa:rofl:

Interesting discussion. I have to say I was radically natural birth for my first, but long story, ended up with a c-sec. I'm less radical about it now, because I have come to appreciate that the end result is what is important, though I would still prefer a natural vbac this time. My biggest beef with the c-sec (other than the risks inherent in any major surgery) is that for some reason I do not know, because it does not happen for everyone, I had a bad reaction to the medication and have no memory of my son's birth. I have really struggled with some depression regarding the fact I will never be able to tell him the story of what it was like when he was born. That I can't remember that first cry. That I can't remember when he was first placed in my arms. It's been a process, and I've gotten over it, but I still would rather not repeat that experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->