absoloutely bonkers, or forward planning?

tanana

Reaction score
DH and I have been ttc for one month, we were out shopping and decided to have a wander through babies r us, and oggle the buggies to price them up for in the future, anyway we saw the perfect travel system and loved it, it was 1/2 price and too good to miss, DH says its forward planning and we can store it till its needed, Im not certain, I think its a bit bonkers buying a buggy for a baby thats not even concieved yet! shop assistant who was helping us says she did the same thing when she started ttc, and she now has 3 kids!
Im a little worried about tempting fate though.
Well whatever doubts I may have its too late and its now sat in the kitchen waiting to be stored.

Bonkers!! But you'll be really pleased with your bargain once you're pregnant!
Good luck,
Abi x

Lol! I say why not!? :happydance: Great to have a OH who is so keen too! mine would never do that...he'll prob want to wait practically till its about to pop out before buying stuff! :wacko:

Good luck :thumbup: :hugs:

I'm quite surprised by dh's enthusiasm tbh, he wasn't even sure he wanted a baby till a month ago, now hes all for it! He does have a very stubborn and determined streak, when he decides something will happen that means it WILL happen and it will all go his way lol.
He has also tried to persuade me that if we just nipped to ikea we could have a cot already too! I think he is a little mad lol, but I love him and I'm really glad he is so keen :-D

Aww thats brill! are you telling people your trying? my hubby doesn't want people to know incase it takes longer than we planned, so defo not buying stuff till got the BFP as people would see stuff in the house! tho have feeling my mum may have clocked my folic acid, tho shes been discrete enough not to mention it...

haha i dont think thats mad at all, you go fort it hunni, it gives you that little bit more enthusiasm too XD

Good idea! I've been wandering around mothercare and eyeing up a few things already but OH is really superstitious about the whole thing and wont buy a thing until we get a :bfp:

No one knows yet apart from my supervisor at work as I have quite a dangerous job and she is helping me to stay on slightly safer duties till I am confirmed pg when I will be moved to an office job. The enormous box with incriminating piccies on it will go in our bedroom with a blanket on it... his mum is disabled and will only use our downstairs loo and I dont think his dad would even notice it was there so we safe (no probs wit my family finding out we havent spoken in years) although I had a close shave the other day when hid dad visited and used the toilet but luckily didnt spot the supply of frer's on the bathroom shelf....

Lol i always go through the baby section of our supermarket OH said to me the other shall we stock up on nappies now their on special offer!! We too are not yet pregnant bless him.

The only thing i would say is a friend of mine wouldn't keep her buggy in the house when she was pregnant she said it was bad luck and kept it at her mums, but thats just superstition and if you don't believe in it then thats fine.

My OH didn't want me to tell anyone either so we didn't get the added pressure from friends if we didn't concieve straight away.

But i cracked and have told a few people at work. But like you I have to because of the nature of my job, and my best friend looked at me and guessed!! And my other best friend i had to tell because she was planning a girly holiday next year and i couldn't think of a good enough excuse as to why i couldn't go when i said originally i would!! x x x

P.s what was the bargain? if you don't mind me asking was it a good price?

my OH doesn't want to even think about getting a buggy etc.. till i fall pregnant and the wee'n is practically out. Just like as brownlieB said - it's supposedly bad luck

Won't be much use if you end up having twins or something though :haha:

I would never do that! I know which pram i want etc but i'm not buying anything till i know i'm pregnant. It could take us years t concieve and i dont want to have to look at something everyday that i cant even use.

each to their own though. What did you get?

if anyone is wanting Tommee Tippee Closer to nature essentials set it is going for £59 at Babies R us (for those who like to buy a great deal early)

It's a graco. Metrosport travel system, it was half price at £150 so we thought why not? We had the money in The bank and if we tried to save it till later we would only have spent it. I hadn't really thought of twins... My dad was a twin... Erm duct tape two together? We have agreed if it all goes tits up it will go on eBay. Tbh it has cheered me up as I now have physical proof that we are serious about it and it's given us new energy to bd as we just say we gotta fill the bloody thing now!
I know that it's. Not normal to have it already but it's made it all seem a bit more real like I might actually happen I can't explain it but it seems to have been the right thing for us to do ATM

We have some things left over from our daughters but i am buying clothes.
I'm really picky and loves loads of reds and unusual bits. We have picked our pram though :thumbup: but it's like £500 so we won't be buying it yet although DH has hinted he wants to get it as early as after the 12 week scan lol.

It's a graco. Metrosport travel system, it was half price at £150 so we thought why not? We had the money in The bank and if we tried to save it till later we would only have spent it. I hadn't really thought of twins... My dad was a twin... Erm duct tape two together? We have agreed if it all goes tits up it will go on eBay. Tbh it has cheered me up as I now have physical proof that we are serious about it and it's given us new energy to bd as we just say we gotta fill the bloody thing now!
I know that it's. Not normal to have it already but it's made it all seem a bit more real like I might actually happen I can't explain it but it seems to have been the right thing for us to do ATM

Well Fx'd and massive good luck to you! lets hoping its filled this time next year!! ...or actually quite well used by this time next year!:hugs:

I had a dream :sleep: last nite that I was buying a baby stroller. First I was looking at the cheap kind, then I was moving toward the expensive good kind.

Me and hubby go thru the baby section now and then. He loves it :hugs:. Im always tempted to buy stuff, but dont :nope:

:dust:

Well Fx'd and massive good luck to you! lets hoping its filled this time next year!! ...or actually quite well used by this time next year!:hugs:

Hear hear fingers crossed and lets hope the duct tape isn't needed!! :happydance: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->