ABSOLUTE BEST two gifts to receive postpartum!

Stellae

Reaction score
This seems ridiculous, but after I had my daughter I was totally dependent on
- the robot vacuum I got for Christmas (an iLife v4), and
- a membership to Shipt (a grocery delivery service stateside).

Seriously ladies, if you have room on your registry or room to splurge, get yourself that vacuum and at least a few months of Shipt! People may say "let your house go and just get carry-out, you're allowed to!", but if you're anything like me that just makes life feel even less normal and less in your control! I cannot tell you how sanity-saving it was having clean floors and the food I wanted in the house.

...plus who doesn't want to put in a grocery order while BFing at 3:00am, knowing the food will be on the porch at 6:30am? :happydance:

other experienced moms, what were your favorite gifts?

Those are great! I make freezer meals because grocery shopping isn't my problem (I take my newborns out all the time), but finding the time to cook 3 meals every single day IS a struggle. My two favorite gifts would be the Arm's Reach cosleeper and a house cleaning. PLEEEEEASE come clean my house when my baby's like 2 weeks old and I just need to get some sleep and nurse all day long and my house is in shambles. Or maybe a babysitter for 2 hours. If someone would come take my older 4 kids and leave me alone to nurse my baby and watch some trash TV, I'd be a VERY happy camper. :) That's 3; I cheated. ;)

yes yes and yes! There's never enough mom to go around after a new baby, so any gift that makes you feel like you've cloned yourself is amazing. Babysitting, house cleaning, chore-doing = the beeeeest.

I admit I've thought about getting a robot vacuum to follow my 3 year old around :rofl:

Seriously though... that kid tracks crumbs around the house like you wouldn't believe, and with a crawling baby that puts everything in its mouth, that is a huge issue to keep the floors spic and span.

I second the babysitting. Honestly my relatives think that every single moment I get with my kids is precious, which I do try to enjoy every minute of it, but people don't seem to realize that with three kids plus one on the way, I do need help sometimes, and by "help" I mean I would love for someone to take my older kids to the park for a couple hours just so I can take a nap or eat while the baby sleeps. I mean we BFing moms need our food to keep up with supply and caring for other kids makes it hard to remember to eat. The slow cooker has been a life saver for me with kids because I can forget about it longer than if I cooked on the stove and it wouldn't burn.

I also have a Swiffer wet jet mop that I absolutely love. It is great for cleaning up messes that the vacuum can't because you simply remove the pad after cleaning and wash it in the washing machine. No buckets of soapy water needed and nothing to wring out. I actually enjoy mopping with that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->