Accidental natural parenting

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
I just realised that i seemed to have slowly veered into the natural parenting section and i didnt even realise lol.

So far im into

*wearing River as much as i can (although she is a big chunk so am going to look for a better carrier then the one i have atn)

*Amber teething necklace

*would like to get into cloth nappies

*am planning baby #2 and would really like a natural home birth

People look at me like im a nutter when i say im interested in these things:wacko:

Pointless thread really lol

I seem to have ended up here without having put much thought behind it either hon! The main natural parenting thing I don't do is cosleeping now that we've just started the cloth nappies - I never saw myself as anatural parent but here I am! :lol:

I think a lot of us here are in the same boat :) I used to be into purses and shoes and now I can't get enough of cloth diapers and baby carriers, lol. I really thought our mum and baby yoga class would have more granola-cruncher types, but they look at me like a nutter too when they see Emma's cloth diapers and now her amber teething necklace- oh well, the natural stuff suits us :shrug:

I think once i had River in my arms it just feels right to follow the more natural approach. I guess we have been having babies for so long for the most part the natural approach feels best

I really really regret not pushing on with BF now so hopefully #2 i can add that to my list :D

HaHa -

I didn't know that what I did put me in the "natural parenting" section until I joined BnB. Breastfeeding, cloth diapering and babywearing are pretty common where I am so I never really thought of it as an "alternative" parenting style. LOL

xx

HaHa -

I didn't know that what I did put me in the "natural parenting" section until I joined BnB. Breastfeeding, cloth diapering and babywearing are pretty common where I am so I never really thought of it as an "alternative" parenting style. LOL

xx

In my town their pretty rare. I dont know a single mum who does any of those things

:wave: hello!

Yep I'm odd because I let Caitlyn sleep with me in the mornings...I wear her, I use Cloth nappies and an amber teething necklace and refuse wherever possible to use medicines on her :blush: and she has no routine to speak of either!

I'm in the same boat, will be bfing number 2 though! :)

HaHa -

xx

:happydance::happydance:
same here, the only thing i don't do is co-sleep

My mamma was a "natural parent" so I'm proud to follow in her footsteps ^_^ x

I always planned to be here :rofl: And way back when I was preggers I was one of the weirdos on this very forum lol! Now there are loads of us!

But it's lovely when people sort of drift into natural parenting just because of things they do that feel right that they never thought about before :thumbup:

I think the answer is in the title really, natural parentlng just comes naturally, not that people see it that way.

It's bizarre the we are made out to be stange when we are doing what has been done for thousands of years, no-one put their babies in cots, or pushchairs, or disposable nappies a few hundred years ago did they. I'm not saying these are bad things, I couldn't cope with my LOs in bed with me now, and carrying DD isn't really practical with SPD, but co-sleeping saved me when my LOs were smaller, I'd have never slept if not, and DS would only stop crying if he was being carried.

I got a bit rambly there, I love cloth nappies, co-sleeping and babywearing!!!

I find myself spending more and more time on this forum. I am bfing and baby wearing at the moment and starting cloth nappies as soon as they arrive. We did co sleep alot when Olivia was younger but I still sometimes bring her into bed with me if she is unsettled.

I think I fall in to this catagory and also if it wasn't for this forum I probably wouldn't even know there was a name for it! I love babywearing, breastfeeding, co sleeping and now I think I'm gonna have a slight addiction to buying cloth nappies but me, hubby and the wee guy are All happy doing it this way x

Yep i think most people think OH and i are "hippies" or just plain crazy sometimes (we're not really!) :roll:

We co-sleep and babywear and use cloth nappies part-time and i am breastfeeding and loving it :cloud9:

A few people have been "good on you- whatever works for you and your baby!" :thumbup: but others...well, not so much!

I never thought "oh we'll do natural parenting" though, we just do what feels right to us, and it just happens a lot of it falls into the "natural" or "ap" camp i guess :thumbup:

im a bit of a part time natural parent ( im greedy and like a bit of everything :haha:)

i part time BF
Alex has a part time cloth bum (at the min till i build my stash back up)
i co sleep
amber necklace is always on
BLW
baby wear when i can

:flower:

The same thing happened to me. I just sort of fell into it. The only thing I dont do is babywear but that's only because Emma refused to do it. I carry her everywhere still though. hehe. I cosleep, breastfeed, cloth diaper, plan on BLW, use teething necklace, she's never had medicine besides her vaccines, plan on extended rear facing, and I'm proud of it! :haha: I get so many odd looks and curious questions about things that i do. Most responses are negative towards my decisions but I'm around the type of family that just thinks 'ah just let em cry they'll learn' or 'give em some whiskey that'll take away the teething pain'. :nope: I am TOTALLY not like that so it's a hard choice as far as people pushing their opinions on me but she's my baby so I'll raise her how I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->