Accidental natural parenting

I accidently came about it aswell, I planned to bottle feed my kids, had bottles steraliser, even a tin of milk powder but then breast was just easier, didnt even think about it I just did it.
We baby wear, co-sleep (yes some nights there are 4 of us in the bed) use cloth nappies full-time on the youngest now - I do alot of washing I only have 6 so far. use an amber teething necklace but not full-time. with both of them. Breastfeed, blw.
I didn't plan anythig, it just kinda happened but hey, my kids are happy and healthy

I think the only non natural thing is that we do have quite a routine, I couldn't cope if they wern't both in bed by 8 - I need my me time

same here...i didn't 'mean to' but have ended up parenting the way i do...most people consider me a bit of a hippy mummy! lol

i baby wear,
attachement parent,
Do BLW
use reusable wipes (not all the time tho- i don't use them with poo!)
am giving some serious thought to cloth bum- i confess i'm quite selfish when it comes to eco v convenience!
I'm selective with immunisations
planned a homebirth (altho i ended up with an emergency section so not quite what i'd planned)
did hypnobirthing
plan on having a second natural birth
generally i tend to go 4 the natural, gentle approaches to most aspects of parenting

i'd also like to b able to add BF (preferably extended BF) to the list after baby no2 - i can't add BF this time...long story :-(

I think the only non natural thing is that we do have quite a routine, I couldn't cope if they wern't both in bed by 8 - I need my me time

I don't think a bedtime constitutes a routine and a bedtime certainly doesn't strike me as non-natural :shrug:

Its just a few people I had met at bfing groups said they had no routine what so ever and why was I following my kids leads in everything but not that, we are also pretty strict with day time, breakfast is 8, lunch is 12:30, nap is 1-2, dinner is 5:30
Though Lylah bf's on demand aswell

Its just a few people I had met at bfing groups said they had no routine what so ever and why was I following my kids leads in everything but not that, we are also pretty strict with day time, breakfast is 8, lunch is 12:30, nap is 1-2, dinner is 5:30
Though Lylah bf's on demand aswell

I'm never sure whether we completely fall into natural parenting either to be honest!

We bf, babywear most of the time although sometimes use the pram, BLW, now use cloth nappies and soon reusable wipes if they ever arrive in the post.

However we don't cosleep, as far as I know we don't do attachment parenting (although haven't read enough into it to know!) and we do have a loose routine and a set bedtime.

So I'd say I'm a part time natural parent but it works for us! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->