Accupuncture ladies-from TTC to BFP

Jazz - so good to read your update!

I hope whatever decision you make is the best for you! As I said before it's not easy decision. For me we always knew we'd have 2 (for sure) so it was about when rather than should we.

Aww your daughter sounds like mine 😀

Good temperament but she's starting to throw the small tantrum

That is fantastic news about your acu !!! Congrats

Breaking - so sorry to read about your different pregnancy. I was nauseated permanently from week 6-week 24 day and night. I vomited daily for the first trimester and that gradually eased up. I was hoping you were going to say it was easier second time.

Hope the latter stages are better for you. The last trimester was the best for me even though I was massive.

We got flu over Easter (we had vomiting bug week before). So I've got a very whingey miserable child on my hands. So hard looking after a child when you are sick too!

X

Jazz - I'm feeling much better - thanks!

Oh no stomach bug - we had that too and it was horrible !

AFM - I hit the 24 wk viability milestone - yay! And am quickly approaching the end of 2 be trimester.

In some ways I feel like I have quite a way to go but then not really!

Breaking- can't believe you are 25 weeks!

Remember that mind/body fertility group I joined when I was going through IVF? We still all keep in touch and meet up every few months when we can. Well last weekend we met at a playground. It was so nice. Everyone is a mother now (or is pregnant). I feel so lucky to have those women in my life and just love to see that each of us has found our way after such struggles. Its beautiful.

ging! I know it's crazy how fast time goes

I'm now officially in third tri !!!

Wow that's awesome you are still in touch with that group of ladies !!

I was randomly reading around the TTC over 35 boards and ran across a post that said briss had a baby and that she never posted about her pregnancy here. I pray this information is true. Please please please be true.

Oh ging - thanks for this - I still think about her and wonder what happened. The old acupuncture thread is not active anymore.

How's everyone? X

I just saw the post. I remember stumbling on the post where brass asks about natural birthing centres but she stopped posting after that. I really hope it worked out for her. She went through so much

We are thinking of trying for number 2 next month. Scary! I'm most scared about birth recovery because mine took a good 18 months... I'm even wondering if c-section would be a better option. It doesn't help that one of my patients is a sexual health doctor and had an elective c-section after the horror stories of her patients ...

I scrolled back through the acupuncture thread and her signature changed in early June. Before that she had her whole TTC journey at the bottom then all of a sudden she took it out. Then stopped posting. Please please I hope this is true.

So exciting that you are going to start trying for #2! Every birth is so different. Maybe the recovery next time will be a breeze. Would you seriously consider having a csection? Might be worth thinking about if you had such an awful long recovery. But then again, that comes with its own kind of recovery too.

We have our appointment July 1 to talk about our FET. Not sure where that timeline puts us, but coming up in any case. Started a clean eating 28 day diet today. Not because of TTC but I do think it will be good to start to try to get my body healthier to prepare for pregnancy. Hope we don't have to do IVF again from the beginning, but of coarse we will if we have to.

I saw Briss post something about natural delivery, too, and I even replied to her, but never heard back. I, too, really hope it worked out for her! I guess we'll never know. :cry:

Jazz and Ging: That's so exciting that you're getting ready for baby #2. Good luck! Jazz, after your long recovery, I can see why you would be hesitant. You have to just do what will feel right for you.

We met with our doctor a couple months back, but decided not to proceed with baby #2, even though we have 5 viable embies in the bank. It took a lot of discussion, but it's a decision that we're perfectly comfortable with now. I think next year we'll dispose the remaining embryos. It makes me kinda sad to think about that, like I'm wasting a bunch of potential life, but I just cherish the fact that we have Gretchen.

Melly- hi! Good to hear from you. Glad you and your husband have figured out what is the right choice for your family. I definitely can see the draw to having one child. Most times I think we are crazy for wanting to start over. So good for you for knowing what is best for you. Try not to feel bad about having to dispose of the other embryos. We will have to do the same if we need to start over from the beginning.

Oh and *touch wood* J started sleeping through. Finally, only took a year and a half. :)

Melly - I totally understand your decision. If I'm honest I am on the fence slightly leaning towards another but if it doesn't happen by December I will be very much at peace with the one child. It's such a hard decision. I think I just feel in 5, 10, 15 years time I see 2. But it will be such hard work! I'm 40 this year so there's also that added time pressure. I'm delighted with our little one so its win win for us either way.

Ging - so excited for you. Hope you don't have to go through IVF again. I'm very hopeful it will work first time for you! So great J is sleeping through. We occasionally have a bad night and I wonder how I coped with so little sleep! Sleep makes every day so much easier!!

Yes I guess we will never know about briss. I'm hoping she got her special baby.

Hi Ladies!

So good to see some chatter here!

I too saw posts from Briss on birthing centres and pregnancy related - hoping she got her little bean!

I hope that if you are ready for #2 that the path to a BFP is easier this time around 😀

AFM - 33 wks here!

I'm also nervous about delivery, with DD it was rough lots of recovery time - my dr is open to talking about options which I think we will do at 35 wks!

Gingmg thanks for your post there. Briss and Blythe were great to talk with a few years ago when I was actively trying and getting stressed out about it. SO glad that Briss got a happy ending to her TTC.

Ging - that's wonderful news thanks for sharing !!!

So happy for her!

Breaking - how are you doing? Not long to go now. Are you excited?

Jazz - yes I'm in the home stretch now and done work! So getting some me time right now.

I'm excited but nervous for delivery - I hope it's quicker and easier than the first time.

I feel like the time flew by

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"