• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Accupuncture ladies-from TTC to BFP

Melly- so good to read your update. Glad G's constipation is better. How fun she is off crawling, changes everything doesn't?!

I agree it is so bittersweet. J will be one next week. EEEKKK! When and how did that happen? He's such a little boy now. He went from walking to running practically overnight, and said Mommy a few times now. Just melts my heart. I still have yet to make a baby book. Gosh I'm pathetic. I guess I need to get on that.

Jazz- hope you are well! How's acupuncture going?

Hello ladies!

So nice to read your updates. Can't believe Jack is nearly 1!! goes so fast

Melly - so glad to hear your little one's constipation is better.

AFM, we are now 15 months old. She started walking about a month ago. Its good because I can take her out and get her very tired very quickly! She still wakes early (Between 5 and 6am) but on the whole is quite easy to manage. She's very happy and rarely cries unless hungry or having her nappy changed!

I have been treating patients for a couple of months now. Have my first IVF lady so i've been taking additional courses to increase my knowledge in the IVF process and how acupuncture can support it. I feel very nervous though - such a huge responsibility. My practice is very small - I only really treat one or two patients a week but its good to start off slowly and gain confidence. The more I read about IVF and acupuncture the more I realise I want to study chinese herbs as well. That's a two year course and a £10K investment. Will have to think hard about that one. I can't even imagine making my husband look after her for 10 weekends each year for 2 years. He already works 60-70 hour weeks.

I see the Chinese Acupuncture forum has gone so quiet. Does anyone know how everyone is doing? I hope they are ok. I may post to say hi.

XXX

Hi Jazz- Sounds like your practice is going well. You will decide when you are ready to take on more patients. I bet it's so interesting to learn about the IVF process and how acupuncture can compliment it. I bet you are a great practitioner, those women are lucky to have you. I was wondering the same thing about the TTC acupuncture thread. I've wanted to pop in and say hi as well but haven't. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Such an emotionally draining journey. I really hope everyone finds their way to parenthood.

Yes I popped over and posted a hi to the acupuncture thread. Been wondering how Briss is doing but she's gone quiet. I hope this means good things for her.

I'm feeling a little low as my new IVF patient cancelled all our sessions after our first one ... So hard not to take these things personally. I care too much but also feel my skills are rusty now after a few years absence.

Jazz- Im sorry about your IVF client. You'll get your skills back up, but it really could have nothing to do with your practice why she cancelled further appointments. Don't loose your confidence. I'm sure there is going to be a learning curve at first. But before you know it you'll be right back into the swing of it all. Stay with it, you love it so much and have so much to offer your clients.

Hi Ladies,
It has been such a long time. I've been meaning to get back on here but I never know where the time goes and I love to catch up on sleep when I can !

I just finished catching up and it was so great to hear how your little ones are doing!

As you know I had a baby girl and she is amazing - love her to pieces - she is 10.5 months!!

It was interesting to read everyone's thoughts on baby #2. We decided to get going in baby #2 - I had a FET today!!

Yes, I completely can completely related Breaking Dawn, something or another just always seems to get in the way, I too keep meaning to catch up.

How time flies! My little girl just turned 8 months �� we've kind of taken the ntnp approach into baby #2 but after still no sign of AF this cycle I'm getting a little scared & nervous, don't even want to test! I've been wanting to be pregnant again but I feel I'll be betraying little Sophia Dixie because she's such an amazing baby!

She's been cruising for a month, crawling since before 6 months, has slept through the night from very early on, wakes after 7 or 8 depending on whether she's pooped! Haha. Been fabulous after all immunisations, is kind of taking to blw. She's just brilliant & now I think if another joins our little family too quickly that I'm being unfair to her.

So much second guessing!

Jazzbird, don't take it too personal about your ivf client, remember that when we're desperately ttc we can get so hormonal and make all sorts of decisions. I started with one accupuncturist & just out of the blue I left one day to just move on to another. It was nothing personal as she was a lovely lady but I just decided to flip out of the blue.

I also constantly have Briss, Blythe and the other ladies in my thoughts & pray for them to have the family they deserve. But I just don't want to ever make them feel the way I used to when I kept seeing pregnant women around me.

Really happy for all of you and your families. This is truly a beautiful experience & blessing to have our little ones.

Lots of hugs

Wow!! Hi breaking and kits!! Long time... So glad to hear from you!! So exciting that you had your transfer! Sending sticky dust your way.
Kits, possibly you too hugh?! I totally understand being unsure about posting in the other section. I think about everyone too and hope they are well and pray that everyone finds their way to parenthood.

Ging- Thanks Hun !!

Kits - good luck to you on NTNP

I know how you feel my baby is 10.5 months and I feel torn for trying for another like she's just a baby and I'm betraying her ??? But I also feel this is the right time to try for #2 for us - and she loves other babies so she would love a sibling!!

All the very best Breaking Dawn, I'll be praying for your second sticky bean. Sending loads of sticky dust!

It is so true, she's fallen asleep on me now & I'm just staring wondering if I am or aren't betraying her. Love her so much

Anyone else considering number 2?

Wow! So great to read your updates and thank you for your words of wisdom. I treated a lady that my colleague usually treats - just before egg collection and she just got a positive today! Hurrah!!! It might not be the acupuncture but it's so great to hear great news.

Kits - your girl sounds like an amazing baby! So advanced!!!

Breaking - keep us posted on your FET. How exciting

Yes I'm thinking constantly of whether and when we should start trying. It took us a year last time and I just turned 39. Trouble is hubby still has post viral fatigue and whilst he would like another he feels he is too ill. We haven't even had sex since before the birth which makes me very sad. It's partly because I had a very long recovery after the birth and couldn't contemplate having sex for at least the first 6 months but he just falls asleep as soon as he sits down. He has so little energy he can't face the prospect of sex.

So we may just enjoy the wonderful daughter we already have. She is a golden baby - eats well, sleeps well and has a very placid temperament. The only issue we have is early waking (5.30am)!!! Oh well you can't have everything!!!

So happy for us all! Looks like ging has the only boy!

Ps kits you are not betraying your daughter. You are providing her with a sibling who would be so close in age. What a gift!!!

Hi Jazzbird !!! So good to see you again!

So sorry your recovery sounds really tough!

I had a a bit of a rough time recovering during the first little while - it was not fun and I'm just not thinking about it as we are wanting #2

Update on FET - I have my beta tomorrow but I tested yesterday and got a BFP !!!!

Wooohoooo!!!! Congratulations Breaking! Really happy & excited for you :D

Af came round, which I'm ok with because I can really enjoy my mulled wine this Christmas.

Loads of hugs!

Thanks ladies !

When we were TTC our daughter it was a long journey full of lots of pain and tears. A journey will always stay with me and I feel so blessed and surreal that this is happening!

I had 2nd beta today and it more than doubled so my next appt is 7wk ultrasound.

Thinking of you ladies today. How is everyone? What's new? How are things?

Hey ging!

So nice to hear from you. All is well here - Autumn is walking and saying mummy now. She also gives kisses now. Love her to moon and back :)

Not much else to report. My acu clinic is slow - so much so I've decided to give it until the summer and may go back to my old line of work. I miss the money!

Hubby still ill with post viral fatigue. He is exhausted almost on a permanent basis. So he is now following a new diet and taking tonnes of supplements. Needless to say I'm not sure we should have another baby. I feel we are only just managing with one and think number 2 could put a real strain on us both. He is going away for some sun and relaxation for a week to see if climate change can help the healing process. So I'm going to be going solo for a week or so in February. It is hard to reconcile a family of 4 to 3. Always thought I'd have 2 kids and feel a little sorry for Autumn. She loves other children but - in some ways - I'm looking forwards to getting some semblance of my own life back. Going back to pregnancy and the night feeds feels like a very long time. But then again it is a short time in the grand scheme of things ...

I wish the decision was more clear cut for me! That's if we can conceive naturally again as I'm going to be 40 this year *gulp*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->