Accupuncture ladies-from TTC to BFP

Hi Jazz!

Good to hear your updates. Sorry the clinic has been slow. Hopefully it picks back up again in summer. What was your old line of work? Are you thinking about going back part time or full time?

Sorry your husband is still struggling. Hope he starts to feel better. Does he exercise? Maybe you all can go for long walks together? I know the weather isn't great these days, but we still try to get out.

There are some definite upsides to only having one child if that's what turns out to be the right choice for your family. There will be more money if you only have one, making it possible to have a certain lifestyle that may not be possible with more kids. And I can totally understand the worry of having to start over from the beginning- I don't know if my marriage can survive another bad sleeper.

J still doesn't sleep through the night. He did once last week for the first time, 8p-7a not a peep but mostly he still wakes up a couple of times. It feels different now than it used to though. He still ends up in bed with us but now I can just tell him to put his head back down and go to sleep and he will. Never thought I'd be a cosleeper, but it works for us and to be honest- I love to hold him at night. Not sure how to add a second to this arrangement, but we'll figure it out.
Before we add a second my wife and I need some major reconnecting. Taking care of J has been all consuming and we need to remember to nurture the love that brought us together in the first place. Sometimes it feels like we are good partners quite literally running a family business. We could definitely use some us time.

My wife is just starting her last semester of school, she'll be done in may! It will be sooooooo nice to have two incomes again. I'm hoping to be able to go down a little on my hours but we will see how it all pans out.

J is good. Crazy climbing up on everything and has a ton of energy (its exhausting!!), but such a sweet loving little boy. He gives the best hugs. He is just now starting to sit and play with things for more than half a second whereas up until now he's been on the move in constant motion since he started crawling. I'm still nursing him and don't really know what my plans are in that area. He relies on it so much, I'd hate to take that away before he is ready. He is much better behaved and less cranky and whiny when he can nurse when he needs to. He says a few words but never on demand and only once in a awhile. He will say something clear as day, but then not again. I'm assuming that's normal?

Well that's about all here. Every day is basically the same. Ha!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Stay in touch!!

Hey Ging

I totally hear you on the reconnecting with your wife. Very much the same for us - I feel like we are running a business too! My hubby snores so bad and I'm not a good sleeper so I sleep in another room. I feel so bad about it but I can't function when we sleep together. I'm lucky if I get 1 hour in a whole night.

Autumn sleeps so well after I sleep trained her but I have lots of friends who still struggle. I have one friend who co sleeps with her 3 & 1 year old. The other night she was up 8 times and they drank 5 bottles between them. So you are not alone! When J sleeps through regularly you are going to feel a million dollars!

We have just interviewed a baby sitter so we can go out after we put her to bed for dinner. I feel really good about the prospect of going on a date with hubby. Grandparents do offer but it involves overnight stays which evolve into weekend stats and with hubby so ill it's not worth it.

Yes we do walk together but the exercise really takes it out of him. We walked up a hill on New Year's Day and it knocked him out for a week.

He'll get there one day!

Just checking in - it's wonderful to hear your updates!! Look how far we've come!

Jazz - I hope your hubby is on the mend soon. Autumn sounds like a sweetheart !! How special are little girls - i love my daughter so much 😀

Ging - loved reading about J and his energy !! Reminds me of my daughter she was on the move with crawling and didn't stop - now she's cruising!

I agree with you both , finding time to connect with your partner is so important. And it does at time feel like you're running a business and missing the Connection. We started making time for dates or out with friends once baby girl was down for the night !

Jazz - we also did some light sleep training and our daughter is a great sleeper - knock on wood.

The good sleeping is part of the reason why I can fathom having a second and returning to newborn stage .

I'm now almost 14wks along with early August due date. We saw our second little bean at 12w u/s and my heart just over flowed.

Awwww Breaking stop it - you're making me broody!

Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Awwww Breaking stop it - you're making me broody!

Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

No we don't - we can find out at our next appt but I'd like to keep it a surprise again !

Lol I know the broody feeling !

We made an appointment with the RE and now I'm freaking out. I don't know if I'm quite ready yet. Yikes! But at the same time, what am I waiting for?

Gingmg - I know how you feel and I was thinking the same thing but when I put it into perspective it helped.

Example: I'm not ready for a baby right this moment (at the time DD was 9 months at my appt) but when we do go ahead it will still be another 9 months from that point.

And that really made more sense bc I was thinking to Summer 2016. I'll have been back to work for 6-7 months, DD would be in daycare and in a schedule for 6-7 months.

It is still sometimes crazy to think I'm pregnant right now and there will be 4 of us one day!

Good luck with whatever you decide but pls come back and keep us posted !

I'm 15 wks now - almost 4 months and have been bloated with a belly (not bump) for a few wks. Looking forward to the bump to start showing !

I think I'm going to push the appointment back a little. I don't feel ready to try to get pregnant again- for a few reasons.

But thinking ahead- breaking did you have to take meds to do a frozen cycle?

Oh wow...it's been way too long. I finally caught up on all the posts today.

Breaking: Congratulations on baby #2!! That's great news. I'm so happy for you!

Ging: I totally understand your dilemma. I'm in the same boat right now! Take time and do it when it feels right.

Jazz: I'm glad you're doing well. I'm sure business will build up more clients over time and you will have a thriving business that you enjoy. I hope your husband starts to feel better, too.

Gretchen is now 13 months old! She is almost walking (any day now). She is a complete joy with the happiest, sweetest personality. I just love her to pieces. Both my husband and I thank our lucky stars for her every day. As far as baby #2 that is a very hot topic in our household right now. Next week I will turn the dreaded 4-0! Ugh! I honestly never wanted to have children after the age of 40; I just didn't. A few months ago I was ready to have baby number two, but as I think about it more, I'm having my doubts. My husband would LOVE a second child, but he respects my wishes and will do whatever I want to do. Right now, I'm leaning towards not doing it. We have five embryos left in the bank, and that makes it hard, because they're healthy and ripe. I think it has to do more with my age than anything else, but also, we would have to move and buy a bigger house. And, as selfish as this sounds, it's just easier to have one child. Especially under the age of two.

Sorry it's been so long. I've been meaning to come on the board and post, but always got sidetracked. Between working part-time from home and the baby; my days go quickly and time escapes me.

Ging - i had an endometrial scratch/scrape the cycle before to make lining sticky. I took progesterone suppositories, and baby Advil 5 days leading up to the FET. And stayed on the suppositories until 10wks.

You will know when you are ready - take your time :)

Hi Melly!!so good to hear from you! Your DD sounds so cute! Baby #2 is a big decision and it sounds like you have lots to think about.

Breaking: Do they have you doing progesterone shots, too?

Breaking: Do they have you doing progesterone shots, too?

No P shots for me.

I actually never did them in previous cycles either - thankfully bc I hear they are not fun! (But of course I would do them in a heartbeat if I needed to ...)

That's good! Yeah, I had to do them for three months, and was not a fan of it. However, didn't hesitate doing it either because it helped to get out little G. Glad to hear you have a healthy pregnancy!

I cancelled my appointment with the RE. I just don't think I'm quite ready. I need a little more time.

Ging - take your time! You'll know when you are ready :)

AFM - I'm 20 weeks wow can't believe I'm halfway and anatomy scan this week as well!!!

Breaking: So happy to hear. Can't believe how fast it's already gone. Do you know the gender?

Hi Melly!

We decided not to find out (again)!

It's crazy to think I'm halfway - and now less than 20 wks to go - eek!

How are you doing ?

Can't believe you are already 21 weeks breaking. How's your pregnancy going this time compared to the last one? Do you feel more tired seeing as you are running after a toddler?

I think I'm going to make my RE appointment soon. My wife is really ready to get going with number two. I still don't really feel 100% ready but I agreed that we would do this sometime before the summer- so ready or not....
And then the other day she springs on me that she actually wants 3 kids. Say what?!?!?! I don't know that I'm on board with 3 but I didn't say anything and just let it go. I'm sure once we are in the thick of having 2 she will reconsider. In the meantime, it's making her extra broody to get going on number two. Guess I better get on board soon.

Hope everyone is well. Happy Easter ( if you celebrate Easter).

Hello ladies

Lovely to read your updates!

Breaking - congratulations on your 20 week milestone. It's going by so fast.

The number 2 discussions are starting to happen. We are on the fence but slightly shifting towards having another. Having said that I'm 40 this year so not sure if it will happen.

Otherwise all is good with my girl. She is saying words now and throws in the odd temper tantrum. Nothing too horrific yet but challenging if you're in public!!! She is generally very placid and very happy! We are scared a second might not have such an easygoing temperament.

The acupuncture is really picking up. I got my first IVF positive pregnancy test which absolutely made my day. I find the work so interesting yet challenging and at times draining. But overall I love it. It's also a great career to fit around children. I'm just working Friday afternoon/evening. I'd like to do another day but if we have another baby, not sure I should branch out just yet.

Anyway happy Easter. Off to the in laws today. First visit since she was born!

Xxx

Ging - I'm exciited for you to start the journey for #2. It's not an easy decision and sometimes I'm not sure if we are ready either but no turning back now.

The only reason I say that is bc we are so lucky with DD - overall she has been a great baby - sleep, eating, temperament - so what if the next is opposite - yikes lol.

As for being pregnant with a toddler - yes it's exhausting I won't lie! I remember with the 1sr pregnancy id come home from work and do nothing.

I don't have that luxury and I want to spend time with DD so I just do it - this pregnancy is different too so managing that at the same time has been tough but have had the support of my DH.
As I'm getting bigger he's starting to do bath and bed time routine so I can avoid picking her up!

Pregnancy comparison:
- I had all day "morning" sickness this time for 15 wks. Awful nauseated feeling all day and mostly vomit in the AM. Nothing would help to make the nausea go away. Also had very sensitive gag reflex brushing my teeth was an adventure - tying to brush without gagging/vomit. With DD I Had very typical MS in the AM for 12 wks, that's it.

I have awful rash that started at 12 wks - it's on breasts chest and belly. Didn't have this 1st time.

Started showing much earlier but it was more belly weight gain then bump until 16/17 wks when I finally popped.

Now that I'm at 22wks and have a belly Bump I'm feeling pelvic pains - didn't have this first time until I was much bigger.

Linea nigra- I had fairly obvious line the 1st time at 14wks - it was a couple shade darker then my skin tone and just passed belly button. I hardly have one this time - have to really look to see faintly.

So yes very different experience for me - I wonder if this means it's opposite gender!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->