Accupuncture ladies-from TTC to BFP

Yes I can't believe birthing classes are here already but I guess I'll be at term in 7 weeks so time is marching on. Bump is aching now as it grows. So hoping I'm not going to put too much more weight on. I'm at 18 pounds now.

We have painted the nursery cream with beige blinds - but we bought the cutest wall sticker which is a big dark brown tree with grey koalas and pink leaves. It looks great but it's very girly. I also bought a nice armchair which is beige with purple stripes. So I can feed her at night in it. I also bought a nice night lamp which dims and has auto-fade setting.

I got the uppababy travel system. Now I'm looking at breast pumps in case I have problems feeding.

Cotton sun dresses sound fab - I'm living in my oversized non maternity dresses now.

Starting to feel like I'm going to miss my current life of doing exactly as I please whenever I want. It's going to be such a shock to the system to be at 24 hour beck and call of someone else. What have I done? I guess though it is only like that for the first year then hopefully they do start to sleep longer hours eventually.

Jazzbird- the nursery sounds adorable! I can't wait to start looking into baby stuff, but I want to have my next ultrasound first. There is so much out there, it all seems a little overwhelming to even know where to begin, or what we actually even need and don't need. Once we get into the house and a bit settled, I will start doing some research as to what we want to get for him. So far, all we know is we like the color grey (or is it gray?- I can't spell) and a travel theme- maps, airplanes, trains, ect. But very minimal, I don't like too much stuff around. My wife wants to get the book "oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Seuss and have every teacher every year sign it, starting from the nurses/doctors at delivery. So a travel theme seems fitting.

When am I going to start feeling him move?

Hi guys I accidently went to this pregnancy part and I saw your thread i just want to let you know Jazz that the sleeping thing sucks but it gets better after a few months. Honestly when ever i get af it is a good way to make myself feel better as I sleep in until 830 :) At least i can sleep, sleep is so good. You'll do great though and you always can sleep during naptimes on the weekends, I loved naps.

I love the idea of a travelling theme - I've never been sure of the spelling of grey either. He's a lucky boy - so loved already!

Movement - I think I could feel for sure at 20 weeks. Before that I felt what I thought were muscle twitches but in retrospect were probably the baby. But defo didn't feel anything until 18 weeks. Now she constantly squirms - less kicking as space is becoming restricted. But she laid on my bladder today and needless to say I didn't make it to the toilet in time! It's feeling more uncomfortable than cute now!

I'm sure you'll feel him soon. Like popcorn or muscle twitches. It will be amazing. Then they often kick when you are trying to sleep which is really annoying! But I don't feel much movement when I'm walking around.

I know what you mean about what to buy - it's a minefield. You defo need a car seat. But then if you buy one you need to make sure it can fit with your chosen travel system. And if you buy a travel system you need to try them out to see if they fit in your car ok. I really want all the breast feeding equipment and bottle feeding just in case I can't do it. I just want minimal stress once she's here! But OH has reigned me in with ridiculously expensive cots etc.

I've also bought nappies (diapers) when I've seen them on offer! Some people said we were silly to buy anything before she is born - some people are very superstitious. I guess you have to do what's right for you. I also bought a maternity pillow to sleep with when your bump gets uncomfortable.

Thanks Alison! Always nice to hear positive stories. My sister in law has a 4 year old and a 20 month old and she hasn't slept more than a few hours for 4 years. She looks so ill. I wonder if her kids are born like that or whether it's parenting style. She's very much an attachment parent.

Ps Alison please join in if you want to :) we just set this thread up because we thought it was insensitive for us to talk about our pregnancies when others were still TTC in the regular acupuncture forum.

Hi everyone!

Ging: I love your nursery theme! That is so cute!

Jazz: Your nursery sounds great. Like you, we won't know the sex, so we'll have to keep it somewhat neutral.

I recently bought a book (I read a lot on this baby stuff) called "Baby Bargains", and they do a good job covering what you really do and don't need. Also it provides a really good product analysis of everything. I've found it very helpful to get my head around what we will need and how much we should be spending.

AFM: Great news! Another ultrasound today (9 weeks) to monitor the hematoma. The baby looks like a baby now! We saw a big head and little nubs for the legs and arms. It was so cute! We even saw he/she move around, too! That was cool. The best news, the hematoma is getting smaller and clotting. I haven't had a bleed in over a week and that's because it's starting to get reabsorbed back into my body. I'm starting to feel much more relieved and at ease.

Welcome Alison!

Hi!
I think it is parenting style unless there is a real sleep disorder there. My MIL helped me do sleep training. They may cry for 5-10 minutes you leave the room don't come back then they fall asleep. When they wake up in the night you get to know if the cry is a dreaming cry so you ignore it or a need to be comforted BUT most times wait before you rush in to see if they will go back to sleep on their own (once they are a couple months old that is). I would time the crying what seemed like an hour was always only about 10 minutes it's crazy. Some babies just do it natural sleeping thru the night though i hear. I would get support from other moms too. My sister said " IF I could get up in the middel of the night and eat whenever I would too!" But they don't NEED to after about 3 months it's just comfort. I had twins I had to sleep train :) or go insane.

Great news Melly! So happy for you.

Alison - yes I think my sister in law rushes to them when they cry in the night. In fact I think she sleeps on their bedroom floor. I will try not to race in after a few months.

Just booked my OH birthday - we are staying by the sea in a yurt. It is very expensive but I completely missed our 1st year anniversary laid up in my onesie with morning sickness. I didn't even get him a card so feel it will be a nice romantic last overnight trip for a while anyway!

Ging, what an adorable bump! You are not huge at all it's all cuteness all around:)

Jazz, love the birthing plan, I hope it all goes as planned :) the nursery sounds so nice! D you think you can share a pic?

Melly, such good news with the bleeding and finally seeing the baby, isn't it just the best feeling?

Breaking, so sorry you are still sick, hang in there and hopefully you'll be over the hump soon, very soon

Hi Alison, I just noticed you are from Florida too! :)

Afm, I missed you girls, I had a couple of days that were just very overwhelming with so many problems to solve and still feeling my loss, but I'm starting to see the light and a plan is starting to take shape and I'm full of hope again :) sometime life just pulls you in all different directions and you think you are going to break and then one by one all things slowly begin to get resolved (I'm not there yet, LOL) all in its own time.

BBbliss - you have a wonderful spirit. It is a God given gift and we should all follow your example. I wonder if your embryo would have implanted if it hadn't gone through the freezing process? I am so hoping that the next ivf will be the magic one. You deserve it.

I don't know how to attach photos! How mad is that?! But here's a link to my wall decal. The colours are slightly different - I have hot pink leaves where they are blue but it gives you some idea. I will be ordering blue leaves if the baby turns out to be a boy! But I'm told the sonographers are rarely wrong.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/122542296/modern-koala-cuteness-wall-decal-by?ref=related-4

Melly-great news!

Bbliss- I wish I could be more like you. I crumble for minor reasons. I am glad you are starting to feel hopeful again. In time you will know what to do, sounds like you have already started down that path.

Hahaha I just lost the longest post, I should be crying LOL

Jazz, my SIL said the same thing, but it did implant, just didn't develop. Sadly. I went back on my records and realize now that this is the second time it happened. I had a faint BFP last July and then AF, an HSG followed and showed blocked tubes so I thought it had been a false positive. Well it's been a year since I removed my IUD and that month of July was my only heavy AF ever! Not even this one was like that. I only gives me more hope that my body is trying.

You girls are stronger then you give yourselves credit for, I've seen it! ;)

Love! the wall stickers Btw :)

I think it's very positive BBbliss that you have had 2 near misses - although I know it's been painful for you. Have you thought about putting OH on Chinese herbs? They are reputed to work well on male infertility. My friends OH had 0% morphology and after 3 months on herbs it improved to 4% which is considered normal. The ivf clinic had to revise the method they used from icsi to normal ivf.

Your stats are so good I'm sure you would be able to conceive.

Were you born positive BBbliss or is it really a life choice? I'm naturally a negative person - I think I was born this way but both parents are very negative, very judgemental so I never had a great environment. But I try hard to be more positive. It's just so hard not to be negative!

Gingmg--sweet little bump you're growing there. You'll miss it when you feel like a whale in a few months! (But then once you're not pregnant you'll miss your beluga bump--weird but generally true.)

Very cute decal Jazzbird. I'm ahead of you and I haven't even started on the baby's room! Argh, I need time to just stop for a little while.

Melly--wonderful news! It's always so shocking/amazing when you first see a human-looking thing swimming around on the screen.

Breaking Dawn--I can't empathize with full-on vomiting morning sickness but I have been more nauseous this time around. Still can't seem to taper off my medication (Diclectin). I hope it clears up for you soon. Have you tried those motion sickness wrist bands? Some people swear by them.

I am awed by your positive attitude Bbliss. I am a natural-born pessimist. I really try to be positive but generally fail (even within this sentence!). If you could bottle your optimism you'd be a quadrillionaire!

AFM, had a frightening episode a few days ago where I couldn't get out of bed for two hours, the room was spinning so badly. Very strange. Dr. thinks it's a combination of low blood pressure and low blood sugar and I'm to go in if it lasts that long again.

I'm now measuring THREE weeks ahead. Either my abs are awfully lax or this is a honking big baby. I'm a little scared of my growth scan coming up. OB says she thinks my body merely makes "really good, nourishing placentas" and therefore larger babies (my son was 8 lbs 9 oz at birth). My son was hard enough to birth so I am dreading having to push this one out, though my dr. assures me things will go much better this time. From the mouth of a childless obstetrician…. I said I'm holding her to it!

Baby shower is this weekend. I'm a little nervous about things going according to my
mil's plan as I know she's spent a small fortune and I want her to be happy. My own parents still aren't speaking to me. At least they live far away and I'm not accustomed to talking to them much anyway (was that just me looking for a SILVER LINING?? Impossible!)

Must go toss my lad in the tub!

Try - why aren't your parents speaking to you? That sounds rough.

BBliss: I agree that is completely positive that your body is trying. I feel strongly it will happen for you soon. You are almost there. Your body is waiting for hte exact right embryo.
Where are you in flordia? I am in Gainesville not sure if my thingy says that.

Try - why aren't your parents speaking to you? That sounds rough.

I told them I thought it was sad they weren't more interested in me and this pregnancy and I guess they didn't like hearing that. It's not an ideal situation, I must say. I think their silence is supposed to be some kind of punishment.

Try - why aren't they interested?

Pregnancy brings such mixed emotions in families. My sister is almost too excited for me, particularly as we haven't really got along for years. Her youngest is 6 & she gets very upset around babies. She just loves having a baby. I'm happy she's happy for me but think she'll be turning up on my doorstep trying to relive her early motherhood days.

My mum is also very excited but more because she is looking forwards to have something "to do". She's lost since she divorced and I suspect I'll have her turning up too for days on end.

Families can be tough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->