Acne during pregnancy - Girl / Boy?

Tesh23

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

For any of you who have had mild or severe acne during pregnancy, did it stop some time during pregnancy or til after giving birth.

Also, what gender were you having /did u have?

:flower:

I'm pregnant with my first but wanted to pop in to say that my chest and back have been totally hit with acne!!!

Hey starlight, gosh that must be awful I hope it goes away for u. Have u ever suffered with acne previously? What do u think u are having?

I have been breaking out along my hairline mostly, with one or two on my chest. I used to suffer with acne a long time a go mostly in my teens and early 20's. Absolutely hate it as I have had clear skin for a while now before falling pregnant. I hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel for us, like with MS!

I never had chest and back acne (maybe like the occasional pimple). The chest/back acne surprisingly doesn't bother me too much; of course, I would rather not have it lol

And I'm not sure what we are having!!! What do you think?

I guess you're right! I would rather have it on my chest or back than on my face tbh!

I always thought girl from the time I saw the positive test lol but this is our first as well so not entirely sure. We hope to remain team yellow until the baby comes but we may crack before then! DH thinks boy!

We are going to find out girl or boy... I couldn't wait!!

I had the worst acne when pregnant with our son. It was horrible. I get mild acne with our girls... It did get better after having them. Hope it does for you too!

I had amazing skin whilst pregnant with my DS, this time around my skin is dreadful, around my mouth and chin is smothered in spots, I hate it!!

My skin went through a really hard time in the beginning of both pregnancys. ( first one boy second girl) it cleared up around 15 weeks both times.

I had a girl and had horrible acne that came and went randomly. Cleared up toward the end of my pregnancy then came back after she was born. Then left again. Then came back lol

Well I am staying team :yellow: and this is my first baby. During the first trimester it seemed like my skin was more oily/sweaty and my whole body was creeping up with acne. Granted I am 19 so the occasional zit on my back or face was not uncommon but they increased in frequency.

Now my face is a lot clearer, in fact the color is a lot more even--before I had some discoloration from old acne scars :happydance: I also get about the same amount of acne on my body as I did pre-pregnancy. Maybe even a little bit less. My skin is a lot smoother and softer too.

It all depends on stress, hormones, diet, etc. Your skin might clear up during pregnancy but it might not! Not sure if there is an exact science to predicting :shrug:

Thanks for your response ladies! Will just gotta see how things pan out keeping my fingers crossed it gets better😃

My skin is the same as pre pregnancy (clear) and idk the sex yet. With my son I had acne in the first trimester but I think it might have been related to my thyroid meds. They caused me acne soon after starting and it just worsened in pregnancy.

I have had horrible acne all of my pregnancies. My oldest 2 are boys and I'm pregnant with a girl.

When I had my son I got horrible pimples in on my face, not a lot, just some really bad ones. I also had hormonal acne after he was born.

I'm not very far along right now (4w4d) but I already have acne all in my hairline. I'm not sure what that means and I don't have any "feelings" about gender yet.

Thanks for posting your experiences ladies.

I think just like with morning sickness it might be connected to our own hormone levels and how our bodies react to them. Ladies who have no acne bless you! That is very very fortunate.

For us dealing with those pesky pimples- just gotta take it one day at a time and enjoy the more satisfying parts of pregnancy!

My mum said girls sap the beauty out of you for themselves haha 😂

My 2 boys I had amazing skin! This pregnancy w dd has been very hard on my skin, back and even chest!!

I had great skin with my first two pregnancies. Both girls. This time my skin is horrendous. Painful cystic acne. I get a new spot on my face everyday. I've never had acne before so this is really frustrating for me. But don't know what I'm having yet. I'm almost 15 weeks and the acne is still going strong. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->