Acting like he doesn't care..

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
:growlmad:
My OH is really pissing me off when it comes to antenatal classes, my mum had to come to the first two because he was working early and we would have missed our last bus home, but he came to the one last week, although he tried to put up a little fight and was saying how he really didn't want to go and be sat
around lots of pregnant women so I said to him, 'Pregnant women and their partners, because they actually want to go, and even if they don't they still go anyway! At least pretent you're interested in what's going on!' .. And he came..

Tonight he was supposed to be staying in town looking after his brother and sister and I was going to go in, meet him for antenatal (the last one) and stay at my mum and dad's.. He just text me saying that he's coming home tonight so I replied 'What about antenatal?' to which he said back 'What about it? Unless your dad's going to run us back I'm getting the bus home'... (oh and that wasn't cheek, my dad does run us out and all but we give him petrol money so he's fine with it)

.. Sometimes he really makes me feel like he's not interested at all :sad1: I know he is, but at times he has one funny way of showing it! :nope:

Sorry for the rant girls :flow: x
I'm probably over-reacting but this is something I really want him involved in, he may have little brothers and sisters (he acts like he'll be fine cause of this) but that's different to having your own baby and knowing the ins-and-outs of what's going on! :nope:

Ah hun I'm sorry :hugs: hopefully he will come around before LO gets here!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It's not so much he needs to come around though, just get his ass in gear! Lol :hugs:

Perhaps he needs a bit of a kicking in the right direction. Quite often I find my OH doesn't realise how much something matters to me until I tell him! Not the most efficient at picking up on emotional hints :L

I had said to him before it seems like he's not interested but he said that he doesn't really know what to do whilst I'm pregnant, but when the baby is here he'll be fine.. But I don't have the money this week to give to my dad, so it's quite pathetic that I have to ask him to take us back out because he won't go otherwise.. :|

Well that is Men isn't it - pains in the bum!!!

My FOB went all pissy saying how much he didn't want to be there, and then fell asleep during the class. At lunch break I told him he could go home, and I called my mum sobbing and begging her to come because he was embarrasing me. He felt so bad after that, he wouldn't leave at first, until I convinced him I wasn't really mad just hormonal. :dohh:

I think really he's not interested in breastfeeding and bleeding after giving birth, so I can't blame him, but he can at least act interested! :dohh:

I know how u feel I have had 2 bawling episodes where I've cried my eyes out bc oh doesn't show any concern for me or anything really he keeps saying he will feel more like a dad when he's seen the scan but I feel like a mom everyday and he doesn't even ask how are you feeling today it just pisses me off

I guess that's just it though, of course we feel like mum's everyday, and they must find it hard to feel like a dad properly until the baby is here? :shrug: I suppose our hormones don't help though! :haha:
And men aren't the best at noticing things! My OH was worse until I kept going on about how he doesn't do the simplest of things.. It's worth it! :hugs:

Ahhh men! :dohh:
I guess to him it doesn't seem like he'll be able to learn anything, but if he gave it a chance, he would! And it's not so much about looking after the baby when it's here, but how to support you through birth/breastfeeding/being a mum!
Tell him to man up and come with you. It's what, like an hour of his life a week?! :haha:

Haha it was the last one and I didn't manage to go because I was ill! Boo!
He's getting dragged to the labour physio though :')

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->