Acupuncture anyone?

Lady K, this month is my first full cycle doing acu. And I didn't have much cm either, maybe it's a sign of the body balancing out. Do you bbt chart? I can't tell if actually ovulated or not this month. One day I took my temp afte + opk and it had risen, but now it's not that high. But I've also been waking up a couple hours before I temp and I wonder if that's whats causing the temp issues. I don't know, but I already feel like I'm def out for this cycle.

Had acu last night and my lady has suggested that I buy some spirulina to help boost up my blood as she says im blood deficient. So I brought some today, it doesnt taste very nice and its gunna cost about £16 a month...another expense! Still lets hope it works.
Hope you all well.
Im in my tww.
xxxx:hugs:

Jo- Sounds interesting, where did you get it? I think I have a blood deficiency too.

Lady K, this month is my first full cycle doing acu. And I didn't have much cm either, maybe it's a sign of the body balancing out. Do you bbt chart? I can't tell if actually ovulated or not this month. One day I took my temp afte + opk and it had risen, but now it's not that high. But I've also been waking up a couple hours before I temp and I wonder if that's whats causing the temp issues. I don't know, but I already feel like I'm def out for this cycle.

I don't think acu changes CM, but I know Clomid can, which is what seems to have happened to me. Trying taking EPO as that should help. I don't chart, but I usually use the CBFM, but haven't this cycle as I know Clomid can muck it up. So I have no idea when I'm going to O, or if I have already! Will just keep going for a few more days just in case!

Question for you girlies! Have any of you been told by your acupuncturist that you should NOT fly during early pregnancy due to the change in air pressure causing miscarriages? I was told this yesterday by my acupuncturist as she knows that I am due to go on holiday the day before AF is due. Of course this is now worrying me, so I did some googling today, and can't find anything that backs this up. Clearly flying in the early stages is more risky as that is when you are more likely to suffer a miscarriage, and obviously flying if you have morning sickness wouldn't be too pleasant! Plus pregnant woman are more at risk of DVT. But one website I read did say there is no scientific evidence to say flying puts you more at risk of a miscarriage. But being 41 I am already a high risk, and obviously don't want to take any more risks than necessary, so now I am in a complete dilemma about what to do! My husband knows a lot about physics etc and says it's impossible for the change in air pressure to make any difference to what's going on "down there". Once again conflicting information coming from all angles causing unecessary stress! Although of course if I'm not pregnant the point is null & void anyway! But just wondered whether anyone else had heard this/had any advice?

Hmm I'm not sure lady K. I've not heard that? I can ask my lady on Thursday this week. I suppose I can understand both angles.

Usually I have TONS of ewcm but this month I barely had any. So it was either the acu or herbs. But maybe it's a good thing, maybe what I had before was too thick or something?

Jo- Sounds interesting, where did you get it? I think I have a blood deficiency too.

I got it from holland and barret £11.99 for 200g take one tsp a day- a lot cheeper to buy it in powder form then tablets.

Spirulina is also good for making the body more alkaline which means sperm friendly cervical mucus!!! xo

Hey Ladies,

I hope you don't mid me joining in?

I am 31 from Ireland, we have been ttc for 5 years. My DH & I both had our first acu last Friday.

We were both given raw herbs (boil & drink (YUCK))!! I was also told to get Spirulina & Green Barley (also taking these). Once Af finishes I then switch to different herbs!

Also we have both been told to cut out all alcohol (esp red wine).

I have Spleen deficency & Liver QI deficency.

I am back again next wed. I found her approach really good and helpful, she is a trained nurse & MW and also worked for a period in a Fertility clinic. She really seems to know what she is talking about!

Hoping this will work for us, and you guys too x

Welcome Belgrove! :) excited to hear how your journey with acu goes!

I think I'm going to have to pick up some of this Spirulina stuff. Do you take over your whole cycle?

Hmm I'm not sure lady K. I've not heard that? I can ask my lady on Thursday this week. I suppose I can understand both angles.

Usually I have TONS of ewcm but this month I barely had any. So it was either the acu or herbs. But maybe it's a good thing, maybe what I had before was too thick or something?

If you could ask your acupuncturist that would be really helpful thank you. Will just be interesting to see if another one says the same thing. A friend of mine is a GP and I've asked her and she says she doesn't think flying should be a problem. I expect after all this research and worrying it will be a mute point anyway!

Thanks Holls

Yeah I was told to take 4 per day for 1st week and then up it to 6 per day...

Welcome Belgrove...sounds like you are in more than capable hands with that practitioner! Have you read Randine Lewis's book yet? Its called The Infertility Cure and it explains tcm in really easy to understand terms. Hopefully you'll get your bfp really soon!!

Holls and Jocr how is everything with yous? Where are you both in your cycle now?

Ladyk is your chart any clearer as to whether you've ovulated yet or not? What cycle day are you on?
xox

Thanks Jen & Congrats on you BFP - wishing you a re h&h pregnancy x

She seems great and has loads of knowledge with fertility, some of the testimonials are amazing!

I will deff be looking up that book x

Hi Jen! How's things you? :)

I'm nearing the end of my cycle and already feel like I'm out. I've had low and strange temps so that's not good. :nope: Hopefully next cycle it will balance out

Welcome Belgrove...sounds like you are in more than capable hands with that practitioner! Have you read Randine Lewis's book yet? Its called The Infertility Cure and it explains tcm in really easy to understand terms. Hopefully you'll get your bfp really soon!!

Holls and Jocr how is everything with yous? Where are you both in your cycle now?

Ladyk is your chart any clearer as to whether you've ovulated yet or not? What cycle day are you on?
xox

No idea if I've O'd or not! I assumed I would O early, but have had no O pains, which I kind of though with 3 mature eggs in there and the acupuncture I would have noticed this month! The last 2 days I've had CM which is obviously a sign of O, but at D15 & D16 it just seems a but late, as I was under the impression Clomid tends to make you O early. Anyway today is D16 so we'll be going for it tonight & tomorrow as well (we're at OH's parents on Sat night so will be abstaining LOL!). I think BD'ing 5 nights out of 7 should do the trick (from D11 to D17)!

Hi Belgrove, welcome. I was wondering if you were referring to Joan Conolly by any chance? I too am from Ireland. I had my first acupuncture session on Wednesday and walked out of there feeling elated. Now with my particular condition she recommended huge doses of Vitamin D as I suffer from seasonal effective disorder due to lack of sunshine here in Ire. I'm an aussie also and been here four years so I tend to get really down with the long grey days. I've also been diagnosed with endometriosis just to make my journey harder! So I thought I'd give acupuncture a go. Hope it all goes well for you.

Hey holls I'm good! Don't be feeling like you are out already! Sure look at me I was convinced I defo wasn't pregnant but turned out I was!
Kimmy and Belgrove I'm from the North. Can understand the crap weather getting you down alright! Saying that the weather has been great this week. Been out in as much as possible!!! Ladyk you've maybe not had ovulation pain because of the acupuncture. The cycle I got pregnant with dd I didn't get any ovulation pain and the tcm practitioner told me it was as a result of the acupuncture! We've decided to tell sil and her partner tomorrow. We were going to try and keep it a secret but I can't be bothered with all the cloak and dagger stuff.
xox

Jen it has been lovely, I've been out heaps too, just bought bicycles so going to make the most of the summer and get fit again. How are you feeling?

Holls I ovulated late this month by a couple of days due to soy so am expecting af in 2 - 5 days, my leuteal phase tends to change by a day or 3 so it depends. i must say I also feel like I'm out tho. I am having pain already but it feels like the hormonal endo pain I get. I've been hoping and praying as they say the first 6 months after lap for removal of endo and hsg is the best chances to fall pregnant but I really feel like I'm out too. Have one really sore boob, haha, does anyone else ever get just one? Think I'm going to get really down when it comes as I really thought the pain would go after the lap but it hasn't so I just feel like nothing has changed. :cry: Funny they say the only cure for endo is being pregnant!

Hi Belgrove, welcome. I was wondering if you were referring to Joan Conolly by any chance? I too am from Ireland. I had my first acupuncture session on Wednesday and walked out of there feeling elated. Now with my particular condition she recommended huge doses of Vitamin D as I suffer from seasonal effective disorder due to lack of sunshine here in Ire. I'm an aussie also and been here four years so I tend to get really down with the long grey days. I've also been diagnosed with endometriosis just to make my journey harder! So I thought I'd give acupuncture a go. Hope it all goes well for you.

Hi Kimmy,thanks for the welcome :hugs:

No the lady I am attending is Siobhan Kehoe from Enniscorthy, I have every belief in her! Like you I came out feeling very positive and she really knew what she was talking about. there are some testimonials on her on what clinic!

I really hope your journey of ttc is very short x :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->