Acupuncture anyone?

It was ok, I had more needles this time, because I'm trying to ovulate this week and she wanted to work on that.

I had an interesting thing happen. Two of the needles (one for my sinuses which are a mess) and one in my ear for the ovarian stimulation, did NOT want to come out. She said that was a sign that my body liked them in there. It was interesting.

I don't know if it helps. I had almost no clomid side effects this cycle, and on a double dose. Dunno if its normal to stop problems with meds like that.

I was sooo tired after, which happens, but then it got worse and worse and I finally realized the next day I had the flu so, that wasn't fun!

I honestly feel no different yet, but it takes a while. I'll find out this Friday if I'm going to ovulate..hoping it'll help!

Well, I was a bit disappointed with my acupuncture session today. I'm 12dpiui (haven't tested yet) so obviously I'm super-worried about that - but although I mentioned it to her she really focussed on my shoulders again. Which was fine in that I did have some pain, and it'll probably help with that, but right now I'd like to think that she was doing everything possible for the fertility side.

i went for my final accupuncure last night, i had embryo transfer on monday and the accupuncturist was working on the points for implantation and the rest of the points were the ones used in pregnancy i really enjoyed yesterdays session and felt very calm afterwards x

wishing you lots of luck robyn :hugs:

Thats encouraging Little Felix - thank you :flower:

Robyn, I'm feeling a little bit like that too, my therapist seems to concentrate on other things as much as she does the fertility. She says it's because one helps the other ie she has to deal with blocks caused by stress as they can prevent my uterus etc working as it should do. I guess it makes sense but it frustrates me cos I want to know we are targeting getting a BFP - just another case of my flipping body doing what it wants and not what I want!! Very frustrating!

I hope you're right MrsPMA - I need the reassurance that we're working on fertility I guess. Glad it's not just my therapist who is looking at other things! Right now I'd live with the shoulder pain if it meant I could get pregnant....

I know exactly what you mean!! I'm not due back until next week but think i'm going to ask her more questions about it all, I'm sure she knows what's she's doing but still I want reassurance that we're doing everything we can towards getting a BFP and not getting distracted by things i'm not concerned about!! Typical me I suppose, I like action now and I'm rubbish at waiting for things although you'd think TTC would have beaten that out of me lol.

Typically me too - I hate this waiting! Just found out our iui failed so now thinking about next steps...

Hi all sorry to jump in but im really intrested to know if your experience of accupunture are positive I have been having it for the last 6weeks. I've had 3 early miscarriages and waiting an appt at St Mary's so I thought i'd try it i have a short luteal phase and id heard alot of positives so I thought why not.
It has certainly help a huge alot for my mood im certainly not crying all the time and it was like a could had been lifted after my first session.
But Im cycle this month has been alot worse instead of 2 high on CBFM ive had 5 before my peak and I have ovultated on day CD21 instead of CD18 so Im thinking i should stop. Has this happened to anyone else ???

Sorry Robyn :( My round of clomid just failed...sucksssss.

I just had my 3rd session today. Honestly, I was NOT looking forward to going. I was really discouraged after my RE appointment, and just felt like I was wasting time and money. I know it takes a while, but still. I didn't have near as many side affects on clomid since I started acupuncture, but I still wasn't totally sold.

Today I had some WEIRD stuff going on during my session. I had needles in my ears (ovulation trigger points I was told). So I'm chillin, not expecting much, kinda feeling down on the whole thing. Then I suddenly felt like something was moving the needle back and forth on my ear, like up and down. Not like it was falling, but like it was moving. I could hear my pulse in my ear too. Then I felt it a little in my head and other ear (where I also had needles). It was really different. Then I felt my pulse in my abdomen start up and maybe some cramping feelings in what I think was my ovaries, but could have been intenstines, I dunno. Then my ear got really cold.

My acupuncturist was pretty excited when I told her, she said it was stimulating everything. I'm a pretty skeptical person, but really, I felt all of it. And I still feel my abdomen feeling different. I also felt a lot better afterward, and have been in a good mood. Yesterday I pretty much cried all day so...

So yeah, I mean, I dunno what it'll do but I have to say, today it did something...

Oooh, that session sounds good ANC! (sorry to hear about your clomid cycle though)

I've heard lots of good things about acupuncture with ivf so I may well do it during my ivf cycle...still thinking about it... And my shoulder has totally recovered!

Hi ANC
Wow that sounded like a really powerful acupuncture session. I havent had any in my ears as yet but nearly every where else :haha: and that was just my first session!
How long have you been having acupuncture?

Fingers crossed for you this month then sounds like things are moving down there :thumbup:
:dust::dust:

that was my third session..yeah I'm hoping..

Have you tried cupping? it's meant to be very beneficial!

Hey Ladies :hi:

I had my first full Acu sesh last night and she put 17 needles in all over the place. She said i had a warm tummy which is a good thing because she gets a lot of women with cold tums that are a nightmare to warm up. She used an chick egg/heatlamp comparison lol

Most of it didn't hurt but i had one in my leg that felt really weird like the area suddenly turned to Jelly. She said that was a good thing coz it was just the flow of eneergy.
She put needles in my hand in the fleshy bit between the thumb and finger and concentrated on trying to get me to have the same feeling there as she said it was an important area.

I was absolutely wiped out last night and just wanted to go to bed as soon as i got in :) Slept like a baby :) xx

Have you tried cupping? it's meant to be very beneficial!

What is cupping?

There is lots of well documented evidence about it's positive benefits. One of my friends who is a GP just attended a course in London for medics. They trained them on cupping therapy and spoke about its great benefits. In many countries they actually offer it in the out-patient departments of most main hospitals.

Look up 'cupping therapy' on the net. There are basically three types:

Dry cupping
Massage cupping
Wet cupping

Dry cupping is more penetrative than acupuncture. It has been used by the Chinese for many years. They basically use a cup and apply suction - which creates like a vacume in the cup and draws up old cells to the surface of the skin. You can find a better explanation on the net.

Massage cupping is the same as dry cupping except that oil is applied to the skin and the suction cup is moved around on the surface of the skin.

Wet cupping involves making very, very tiny incision on the surface of the skin and then applying the suction cup to draw up the old cells.... I have had it done I honestly felt no pain whatsoever. Years ago they used to use fire to create a suction but it's all very safe these days as they use a little vacume hand pump.

The most common type of cupping is wet cupping. A lot of athlets get it done.

I know a GP that practices cupping. She does house visits in the West Midlands. :thumbup:

I don't think my acu offers cupping...sounds interesting..That's great Lisa!I get the needles in my hand in that area too, it seems to hurt there a little more, but that's about all I've felt in the hand area

I had cupping on my first acupuncture apt on my shoulders and it made them feel so much better. Im looking forward to my next apt in a couple of weeks.
I was left with what looked like big love bites on my back but they cleared up after 5 days.:flower:

Hello girls, mind if I join! I’ve bounced around a few of the sections in here, but never dropped into LTTC before, never really sure when it is you’re eligible to be in LTTC!

A bit about me … I’ve just turned 41, been TTC for 18 months now, had 3 failed IVFs. The last one was in Jan so I’m now making some drastic changes in the hope they will make a difference, one of them being trying acupuncture. I had my initial session last night with a little taster of having the needles in! It felt fine, I didn’t really feel much, but it was only a short session, but I did feel relaxed afterwards. I am also going to start taking Maca (anyone heard of this/taking this?). I also bought the Soft Cups to try but having got one out of the pack I hastily stuffed it back in again as it looks far too scary! Will probably try it sometime before the next cycle though as I’m determined to do whatever is possible! Just after my failed IVF, and yet another birthday with no BFP, I heard 2 people close to me were pregnant after less than 6 months of trying. I completely lost it at the weekend and was so upset. I really find it very difficult to believe that there isn’t some underlying problem when we manage to get fertilized eggs during IVF, they become good developing embryos, yet none have stuck (had 6 implanted in all), I’ve never managed to fall naturally pregnant, despite the fact my FSH & LH levels are good (especially given my age) and blood tests and my CBFM show I ovulate every month. Yet no sniff of a BFP at all, not even one that ended in a miscarriage (not that I wish that upon myself obviously, but at least it would show I could actually get pregnant naturally!). Everyone keeps saying I should focus on something else and then it would just happen, but how is that even possible when your whole life is driven by what time of the month it is, you can never just forget about it, especially when you are constantly surrounded by pregnant people and babies!

Grrrr sorry that was a bit rant, I’m sure you are all feeling the same things, is there anyone else there in a similar situation to me? Just feel very hopeless about the whole thing at the moment!

Baby dust to you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->