Acupuncture anyone?

Morning ladies,

Well I had my 2nd acupuncture apt last night and it went well. Makes me very relaxed which isnt an easy task!:thumbup:
Her aim this week was to clear out my uterus and get rid of my period that I have this week ready for a nice clean start next week for ovulation.
Next week she will be getting my uterus ready and trying to get a nice deep lining for my hoped for baby to burrow down in.
She also gave me cupping agin on my back and shoulders to relieve tension and it rerally works but does leave whopping great marks on your back for a few days.

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi ladies, just wanted to drop in and say that I think acupuncture is making a big difference in my cycle! I have always had a short luteal phase (9 or 10 days), but l've been doing acupuncture for six weeks and this cycle my luteal phase was 12 days! Also, my temps used to be very up and down, but they've been much more steady this cycle. :happydance:

Yes this is my first cycle using the soft cups and first cycle using soy isoflavones. I have my first appt with a TCM acupuncturist this week, as well as the RE. It's time for me to get serious! I ordered my cups from Amazon as well. They ARE a little tricky to get out. But it's still worth it.

Hi holls
Yeah im on the 'lets get serious' and try everything now. I worry about my age 37 and the RE wont help after you are 39. So I have an apt in june and they will see about IVF - if he remembers!:wacko:
I just had a look at the soy thing, let me know how you get on with them and how they make you feel etc as I am on Clomid (2nd month) and only have 1 more batch to take.
Good luck :happydance:

I finished my soy. I can definitely feel something! I was a little hesitant to take it, so I took it (80mg) days 6,7,8 instead of the full 5-9. I hope it gives me some good eggs. We're off to see the RE Thursday. I got my Soy Isoflavones from walmart, but I am sure you can order them on Amazon as well. Favorite website! How do you like clomid? I might be on that soon.

I had acupuncture before and after my ET on Monday, and the again yesterday and today. Shorter sessions, 20 mins only, at the clinic so much cheaper. They put the needles in my arms, legs, head and (in days after ET) tummy. The ones in my arms really hurt for some reason!

Yes this is my first cycle using the soft cups and first cycle using soy isoflavones. I have my first appt with a TCM acupuncturist this week, as well as the RE. It's time for me to get serious! I ordered my cups from Amazon as well. They ARE a little tricky to get out. But it's still worth it.

Hi holls
Yeah im on the 'lets get serious' and try everything now. I worry about my age 37 and the RE wont help after you are 39. So I have an apt in june and they will see about IVF - if he remembers!:wacko:
I just had a look at the soy thing, let me know how you get on with them and how they make you feel etc as I am on Clomid (2nd month) and only have 1 more batch to take.
Good luck :happydance:

I finished my soy. I can definitely feel something! I was a little hesitant to take it, so I took it (80mg) days 6,7,8 instead of the full 5-9. I hope it gives me some good eggs. We're off to see the RE Thursday. I got my Soy Isoflavones from walmart, but I am sure you can order them on Amazon as well. Favorite website! How do you like clomid? I might be on that soon.

For me the clomid in the first month is like having period pains for 3 out of the 4 weeks and a bit more painful whilst ovulating. Has made me quite spotty and PMT but other than that ok. I was expecting it to hurt more around ovulation. This is the second month so maybe it will build up in my system a bit more?
I might try the soy when clomid runs out. :hugs:

Are you also doing iui? Today I can feel something happening in my ovaries, I did OPK yesterday, cd 10, and it was negative, so too early still.

Are you also doing iui? Today I can feel something happening in my ovaries, I did OPK yesterday, cd 10, and it was negative, so too early still.
Hi holls

No IUI for me (are you having it)? I have to wait for IVF:brat:. Just had a meeting with the fertility nurse.
Yeah a bit too early - i am just as bad though for doing early PG tests, I think I did 5 last month all too early.:wacko: Still you cant blame us for being excited each month. I have a CBFM for OPK and that seems to work well for me.
Get cracking with DH and good luck.

PS you may already know this but the nurse just told me to :sex: every OTHER day rather then every day of the 10 day period covering ovulation - better :spermy: she said.
:happydance:

Hi ladies, just wanted to drop in and say that I think acupuncture is making a big difference in my cycle! I have always had a short luteal phase (9 or 10 days), but l've been doing acupuncture for six weeks and this cycle my luteal phase was 12 days! Also, my temps used to be very up and down, but they've been much more steady this cycle. :happydance:

You'll have to let me know how the acupuncture goes! That is great news already that it has increased your luteal phase :flower:

Haha love the graphics! No IUI for me yet either. Tomorrow is the big day, meeting with the RE for the first time. So that's when things will get serious.

Well I met with an acupuncturist today and he didn't really sell me!?! He just didn't really explain things. I still want to try it, but he's not the right dr for fertility... I heard if you go to the TCM schools they will do it for half the cost. If it will help me :sleep: I think even that would be worth it. Do you guys like your treatments?

Haha love the graphics! No IUI for me yet either. Tomorrow is the big day, meeting with the RE for the first time. So that's when things will get serious.

Well I met with an acupuncturist today and he didn't really sell me!?! He just didn't really explain things. I still want to try it, but he's not the right dr for fertility... I heard if you go to the TCM schools they will do it for half the cost. If it will help me :sleep: I think even that would be worth it. Do you guys like your treatments?

I really like having the acupuncture as it really helps me relax and Im sure it would help with sleep too. I was luck with my lady as we just clicked and she seems to know about the fertility side of things too. Very calming lady.
Mine is £40 a session and we have 2 a month. It is expensive but we dont have any TCM schools round here for students.
Are you in the UK if so you could look at https://www.acupuncture.org.uk/index.php
:dust:

I'm going in for acupuncture tomorrow! Ugh I really hope it helps me calm down and relax a little. I need more than 5 hours of sleep per night! I'm in the US. I luckily have an Oriental School nearby so I can get acupuncture for cheaper. I'm glad to hear it helps you sleep! Also went to the RE yesterday. I was all emotinal before we got there, but then it was fine when were there. She said hubby's sperm is great, my day 3 labs were fine, she did a 3d vaginal ultra sound and said the shape of my uterus look good, slightly heart shaped but she didn't say it was bad, she just said it was right on the edge? Now I have to get HSG and an ovarian assesment report. She also said I'm about to ovulate and that I had a big follice on my left. she's like maybe if you time intercourse on Sunday-Monday you'll get pregnant this cycle. I'm like oh sure, because I haven't tried that already?!? haha.

I actually fell asleep on the table last night! :) I've been going doing acupuncture for several cycles now, once per week. This is the first time I've ever taken a nap... ha ha. Hope it means something went right!

Hi

Ladies can I join you :) I'm going for my second session tomorrow. I get needles, cupping and fertility massage for £35 BARGAIN!!!

hoping it makes a difference. I'm experimenting with herbs too at the moment while I wait for the NHS FS to get a plan of action together

Ive been actively TTC since June 2010 and we were NTNP since 2008

Good Luck everyone :)

Hi Mrs Evans - sounds like you get a bargain :thumbup:What is fertility massage then?
I get cupping done and it really helps my stressed & tense shoulders.

Holls147 - how are you feeling? Hope you caught the follicle:winkwink:.
I had a HSG - wasnt as bad as I thought and its good as you can see straight away if everything flows through easily.

I have just been looking at the web re my fertility type according to TCM. I brought a really good book called the baby making bible https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Makin...4560/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1300120492&sr=8-4
Its really interesting.
Big :hugs:

H Jocr

Fertility massage, she massages my abdomen in these cycles and zig zags and pats around for 15 minutes. i think it gets blood flowing there, I'm not totally sure LOL i just lie there and let her do whatever

I take a concoction of herb tinctures too :)

Jocr- I felt pretty good after it happened and slept like a rock that night. Then, last night, back normal tossing and turning.

Hahahah Mrs. Evans. I know what you mean about letting them do whatever they need to. Do you do herbs? They gave me some, but I haven't taken them yet.. too chicken!

I'm going to see another acupuncturist tomorrow. At this is place they do the acupuncture "community style" so everyone is on big lazy boy couches, instead of in individual rooms. The idea is that since they can treat more people per hour it brings their cost to the customer down. So, I figured for $25 it's worth a shot.

I also took soy this cycle, and boy I think it made for strong ovulation. Ovulation was delayed, but I think it was strong. Big fat dark line on the opk kit on Sunday, just as the dr suspected. ( but I didn't tell her I was on soy) I had a lot of twinging and cramping yesterday and this morning.

Thanks Jocr- I hope we caught the follicle too!!

I actually fell asleep on the table last night! :) I've been going doing acupuncture for several cycles now, once per week. This is the first time I've ever taken a nap... ha ha. Hope it means something went right!

Gosh falling asleep on the table- sounds magical! How do you like the herbs?
My acu person said I have cold hands, feet, ect and that I had a weak pulse. I'm just like, ok whatever, " how long is going to take for you to fix it?" haha

Hi Holls147

I made my own concoction, the herbs from the acupuncturist were to expensive
I researched that Vitex is good with licorice so i took them together until ovulation twice a day, then i had Dong quai, Red Clover and Red Raspberry leaf twice a day until ovulation.
i've carried on with red raspberry leaf until af or BFP...

It did something, I ovulated on cd15 instead of cd11 so im happy with my little experiment and my ovulation pains were strong.

I tried soy for 4 cycles no joy and i read its more effective for people with long cycles my cycles are short

:wave:

Hello all

After reading this thread, I have taken the plunge...booked in for 1st acupuncture tomorrow night eek!

Excited/scare all at once!

Really hope it helps, even if its just to ease the stress a bit :thumbup:

C x

:wave:

Hello all

After reading this thread, I have taken the plunge...booked in for 1st acupuncture tomorrow night eek!

Excited/scare all at once!

Really hope it helps, even if its just to ease the stress a bit :thumbup:

C x

Me too! I just tried it for the first over the weekend. I think it helped. I'm going again tomorrow to a different clinic. Also tried soy to jump start my ovaries and used soft cups. Something has to give soon! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->